The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2003, 06:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And honourable mention for being told that the extortionate price for shipping the pre-ordered Say You Will to the UK 'would be looked into' Just to remind people that had I pre-ordered from the official site my shipping cost would be around $80. This was never resolved so yet again the overseas fans felt completely **** upon

Pip
Old 05-05-2003, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"I am the owner of a site led by sycophantic primates trying to stir up all kinds of money-making schemes – while claiming to be a loyal fan!"
Sara, pass me a banana please?

Hey, Jonathan:

"You can fly high upon your trapeze scaring all the people, but, you'll NEVER scare me"
Old 05-05-2003, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Check out how Todd changed the seating info that he provided to us as time went on. THe first one is a solicitation to get you to join:

3/7

JUST 5 DAYS UNTIL THE FLEETWOOD MAC PRESALE FOR CONCERTS!
Tickets for many concerts will go on sale to the public on 3/16 & 3/17. _Fan Club Members can buy in ADVANCE of the public sale on 3/13 & 3/14 – and we've reserved the best 20% of the floor (closest) seating in all cities for you! To learn more about the Fan Club CLICK HERE or visit the new site at FleetwoodMac.com.

4. We have (at some great effort) secured for our members at least 600
seats in the best 20% of the house - on the floor - beginning in the VERY
FIRST ROW and going back to about the 30th row in most venues. We have a
lot of members but we have a lot of shows! I can't think of a better way
to enhance your chances of getting a great seat at the show of your choice
than through this membership. IN ADDITION TO THE BLOCK for members, you
get a chance to select from ALL THE GENERAL PUBLIC SEATING BEFORE THE
GENERAL PUBLIC ONSALE!!!! This means you're virtually assured of a seat at
the concert of your choice by being a Fan Club member!

3/18
ADVANCE TICKETS IN “BEST 20% OF HOUSE”ADVANCE TICKETS IN “BEST 20% OF HOUSE” Opportunity to join the Club presale which includes advance Ticket Sales in our Members Only Ticket Block. (Includes 600 selected seats from the first row right on the floor up to the 30th row or the best 20% of the venue’s floor seating!) See details on following pages. Some restrictions apply.

"JT Should make a song to The Penguin called "Steal Your Site Away"
Old 05-05-2003, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: I especially got a kick out of this one

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
I guess I was considered one of your followers!

Pip
Even though I never had the pleasure of knowing you, Sarah, before all the **** at Mick's board and the fan club rip off, I'm sure he considers me one of the "followers." Look, Mr., for your information I know a con when I see one. What a joke! He dares to accuse everyone who spoke out against his shady ways of being a follower of some imagined conspiracy. Why would anyone go through all this trauma to make trouble for him UNLESS his deeds warranted the backlash? He's fooling himself if he thinks he's only dealing with a small pocket of psycho fans who do nothing but go around the Internet causing trouble.

Yes, it's true. He tried to con doctors, lawyers, teachers, stock brokers, students, housewives, and people from every walk of life. The mistake he made was thinking FM fans would not see through his cons and would just buy into whatever he said and did in the name of FM. As soon as questions arose the bannings and deletions began. Until his motives and dealings were questioned it was perfectly OK to post copyright material on Mick's board and he even linked to Sarah's site himself. Then he had the nerve to steal the discography from this site! He allowed any kind of personal attacks at Mick's board as long as the offenders never called him into question. Somehow, if you mentioned anything negative or gave a clear indication you had questions or issues with the way Mick's board or the fan club was being run, OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!

The real "followers" in this are the people who continue to validate him by going to Micks site, and worst of all are the ones who have directly allied themselves with him. My problem with the band goes beyond them not taking any responsibility with what's going on. I have no respect for them allowing him to weild his sword of access to certain perks as a way of courting allies. His fan operatives are the ones who need looking at. He desperately needs them to keep his smoke screen blowing, but you'd think they'd have enough sense to know that what he's doing is wrong. Why should they care, though, if it's clear that the band doesn't care? Even if the band sold the rights to the club and is unable to fire him, don't tell me they have to give him VIP perks to pay off his operatives with too! I'm not buying it.

Last edited by glitter_fades; 05-05-2003 at 05:41 PM..
Old 05-05-2003, 11:38 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
What about this one...

When people ask why we ban someone or remove posts, there's usually a valid reason.

If you say so..

Pip
I was banned for a VERY silly reason! I PM'd both Trin and Jerkie and told them to go **** themselves. Oh, well! Had to be done! What's going on over there lately? Any good fights?
Old 05-05-2003, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would urge any of you who feel slighted by the situation to write a letter. There are powers with numbers, the band has to hear about it eventually (wether they do care or not), its a business venture after all.

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 05-05-2003, 01:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Would somebody mind posting information about where to write or a URL to get people started? I asked this in another thread but having info here and there can't hurt. Some of us who didn't join the fan club are just hearing about this. I'd like to write something if I know how to get it to the correct people.

Old 05-05-2003, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default management contacts

Here are ways to get your voice heard:

Here is a start. You really need to contact the individual manage offices. I will get those together for you. THAT is a really important thing, the management offices.

Internet Fraud, if you lost money:

www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

CA Attorney Gen:

www.caag.state.ca.us/cons...ilform.htm

This is the Knights info that you will need to complete the forms:

CO. DIRECTOR: JONATHAN TODD
CO: SABRE MARK INC., FLEETWOOD MAC FAN CLUB
CO. ADDRESS: 5737 KANAN RD. SUITE 237
CO. CITY; AGOURA HILLS
CO. STATE: CA
CO. ZIP: 91301
CO. PHONE: 818-865-9993

Warner Bros. Email:

wbrepinc@wbr.com

ABC 20/20:

abcnews.go.com/sections/2..._form.html

Along with filing an internet fraud claim, file a report with the Better Business Bureau:

www.bbb.org

Individual Band Member Managers:

Lindsey Buckingham - Tony Dimitriades, East End Management Company, 8209 Melrose Avenue FL 2, Los Angeles, CA 90046; Phone - (323) 653-9755; FAX - (323)-653-9663

Mick Fleetwood - Carl Stubner , President of Immortal Records Music Division and the Artist Manager speaking on behalf of Fleetwood Mac , 12750 Ventura Blvd #202, Studio City, CA 91604

John McVie - Carl Stubner Deluxe President Immortal Records Music Div, 12750 Ventura Blvd #202, Studio City, CA 91604

Stevie Nicks - The Official Homepage for Stevie Nicks can be found at http://www.nicksfix.com. There currently is not a contact for fan mail.

Can Someone please provide the name of Stevies mgmt, I think that it is HK and I don't know their addy. I have all this somewhere but, I am having a hard time putting my hands on it. Write to Lindseys FOR SURE.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's an email I got from JT before I as banned (I thought I lost it, BUT...I just found it last night!!!!):

"poopsiy,

Your attempts to blatantly cause discontent on the board have not gone unnoticed. You are obviously trying to be the ringleader of a nasty revolt against everything I have worked for on the site. Moreover, your posts about the meet and greet are directly to blame for the uprising of many once happy members. I hope you're enjoying yourself."

Geez, he talks as if I'm on Amistad, for chrissakes.

I'll have to go through my "Idiot Archives" for more Todd-isms.

Last edited by dissention; 05-05-2003 at 05:48 PM..
Old 05-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Junior Ledgie

Okay, here's one of my favorites regarding the presale--what a lowdown money grubbing organization:

"You may purchase up to 4 seats per show and up to 20 seats per
concert leg
for each Club Member. Please don't join the club 2 or 3 times just
to get
more tickets. However a husband could join and his wife also join."
Old 05-05-2003, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here's an email I got from JT before I as banned (I thought I lost it, BUT...I just found it last night!!!!):
He never told me why, and I asked him. He is a piece of nasty work for sure.

WEll, the first time that I asked he said it was because I was using a copyrighted image, and that image was his ugly ass as my avatar saying, "let freedom of speech ring". That pissed him off and he was after me from that point on. No matter what I said, pow, I was banned. His mistake.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Geez, he talks as if I'm on Amistad, for chrissakes
Well your name is dissention, you must be living up to your ID

LOL seeknpeace!

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 05-05-2003, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention

"poopsiy,

...I hope you're enjoying yourself."

I hope you wrote him back and told him you were not!

I was one of "8 or so" people that were causing problems for JT. My main problem was the deletion of threads. Censorship irritates me to no end. I can go back to the site (somehow my banned status didn't make the change over from my old computer to my new one) but I choose not too. I'm too jaded and I doubt if I can participate without letting my upsetment effect me.

John
Old 05-05-2003, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by SaraRhiannon
"I can only take it so far guys. We got an offer from a tour operator and the band seemed to feel that if the fans wanted this, they'd take time on a concert nite (just think about that level of loyalty from the artists) to meet those who cared that much that they would book a hotel and tour pack. So I understand differences of opinion and encourage open banter here. But there has to be some level of civility. Too bad the rotten apples really do spoil the barrel.

For the future - Those of you with 3 or 4 stars by your names who have experience here - slap some sense into the offenders. The goal is for this board to encourage participation!

We move on . . .

Hugs to the "Good Guys (and Gals)"

The Knight!"
Yup, it still makes me laugh.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seeknpeace
He never told me why, and I asked him. He is a piece of nasty work for sure.

WEll, the first time that I asked he said it was because I was using a copyrighted image, and that image was his ugly ass as my avatar saying, "let freedom of speech ring". That pissed him off and he was after me from that point on. No matter what I said, pow, I was banned. His mistake.
I too was never given a reason for being banned... to quote Todd in an email after I was banned:

Of the few members we had to ban, it hurt me the most to lose you. You used to be a great contributor but something snapped. I tried to contact you, as you know, to speak with you first and find out what it is that is making you so upset.

He did not try to contact me until I emailed him to ask why I was banned. I was never actually given a reason for him banning me. I am told that I didn't break any rules hence the fact I was re-instated. He didn't like my sarcasm but I don't recall sarcasm being against the rules ... and I only made sarcastic remarks when I was ignored or my posts were deleted! He is still telling people I went ballistic on the board.. hmm... must have missed that somehow....

Pip