The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll just read ledgie reports of their fun nights!!

Set list is a nonissue to me. I don't care what who all plays. But if they play it cool then it's cool. But if they play it like ****, it sucks.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B
Yep.

Ah. That is a different animal, then. Either way, at least it would be shaking up the setlist to some degree.
Cool. I really enjoyed that trip. It was nice to meet you.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
So. If they do a 2007 tour without ANY new material, and it's the same 4 members as the SYW tour - will you go? And if so, to multiple shows? Will you wait to hear what the setlist is before deciding?

I think I'd only go to multiple shows if they were within a 90 minute drive. If most shows were farther away, I wouldn't travel as much as I did for the SYW tour - I mean, if they came to Buffalo but the next closest show was Philly, I'll only go to the Buffalo show. But I would definitely see at least one show, regardless of the setlist.
Hmm. Well, I, um, I think that, you know, just maybe, I'll possibly read a newspaper review at some point.

Old 04-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would go to Toronto and Buffalo (or within a 90 min. drive). Setlist and money wouldn't matter to me at this point because this would probably be their last tour and there is no way I'm going to miss it! I have been so spoiled with good seats, that I would only go if I was in the first 10 rows.

Old 04-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
I agree in principle. Probably it was originally presented to her that they'd just film a concert with a controlled audience for TV broadcast...which she probably didn't have TOO much resistance against. Then by the time they'd gotten through the initial rehearsals and through the first dress rehearsal and the first of the two filmed shows, it was probably negotiated that there'd be a home video version (VHS, LaserDisc and later a DVD when that became the industry video standard) AND a "live" CD, too. Which meant that they'd have to tour to promote 'em. She mostly likely felt trapped in a whirlpool that she couldn't get out of...then and ONLY then, no doubt after MUCH convincing, did she agree to tour ONLY the initial 40 dates of the tour. I'm sure that Mick tried to extend the tour since the cash was flowing in and he was seeing the potential $$$. Even Lindsey has been quoted as saying he was game for extending the tour. But, Christine absolutely said "no" and the tour abruptly ended after only the 40 dates.

I'm sure that there are some contractual & legal reasons why a more comprehensive box set would be a logistical nightmare. The whole fiasco of the litigation vs Clifford Davis is one big hassle to negotiate, since, if I recall correctly, he has a big chunk o' the pie of the pre-Heroes Are Hard To Find catalogue....and then there's the pre-Reprise stuff (Blue Horizon, Immediate). The 1992 set, had its "ups", but overall it was a VERY unsatisfying set...from all angles...the song choices, the track order, the booklet, etc.
Im jumping ahead 5 pages i havent read yet but I wanted to say something about Christine and the Dance. I think one of the main reasons she decided to tour was because the whole dance thing was huge. I was 7 around the time and had become a big fan (and saw them on the tour) and let me say that it was HUGE! They played the Silver Springs and The Chain Videos everyday on VH1 and MTV a month prior to the dance. There were newspaper articles, documentaries...everything. I remember everyone knew about it and was talking about it. Then the thing aired...That spun a huge new thing. Everyone watched it...was talked about on all the radio shows and then I remember when the CD came out, they played the whole thing over the radio several times. I mean...when something is so big..why not go out and make a ton of money which they did on that tour.

Plus about BTM and Christine...I think she might have left because her dad had just died and maybe that was a big factor? I know that he died around June or July of 1990 (right?) and then they came back and played three shows in Mansfield.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm certain that I read back in '97 that a tour was in the planning stages even before 'The Dance' was filmed, and that it all hinged on how well the band got along during the rehearsals and filming. I also remember reading that Lindsey, Stevie and Christine each had clauses in their contracts that any of them could back out of a tour at any time.

After how big 'Hell Freezes Over' was for the Eagles, I'm sure everyone involved (Christine included) knew that a tour was an essential part of the reunion package.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B
I think opening night would be the deciding factor for a lot of us. Of course, I'll probably break down and be there on opening night whereever it is. Knowing their track record, they'll play something like Frozen Love once and then drop it and I'll be kicking myself later for missing it.
Exactly. I am going to try like heck to be there opening night wherever that might be. Maybe it might even be in my own backyard.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Exactly. I am going to try like heck to be there opening night wherever that might be. Maybe it might even be in my own backyard.
Welcome to the bizarro world of Fleetwood Mac. While fans of other groups look forward to the shows later in a tour, when the band is loose and comfortable and more willing to shake things up and experiment, Fleetwood Mac fans flock like mad to opening night, for the only show where there's even a possibility that something the slightest bit unexpected might happen...
Old 04-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
Welcome to the bizarro world of Fleetwood Mac. While fans of other groups look forward to the shows later in a tour, when the band is loose and comfortable and more willing to shake things up and experiment, Fleetwood Mac fans flock like mad to opening night, for the only show where there's even a possibility that something the slightest bit unexpected might happen...
Although, to be fair, I saw three shows, each with a slightly different set, on the SYW tour (opening night, standard set, last night).

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Although, to be fair, I saw three shows, each with a slightly different set, on the SYW tour (opening night, standard set, last night).
You smelled NOTHING & you saw NOTHING, gringo.

moviekinks.blogspot.com