User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
Did you hear and become familiar with Lindsey's performance first?

Probably, they've always played that version on the radio pretty frequently here & I knew the song before I learned it was Mac.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Probably, they've always played that version on the radio pretty frequently here & I knew the song before I learned it was Mac.
All right, well I've got your explanation for you.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All right, well I've got your explanation for you.

You sir, are smarter than the average bear.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As i have only started appreciating fleetwood mac throught the rumours era and album and became a true fan since the Dance was released, I would have absoutely no interest in the world to see peter, bob, rick, jeremy or any other guitarist that wasnt lindsey buckingham. I know that is totally biased and means nothing to fleetwood mac fans that thave gone through the complete transition of members.

For me Lindsey, Stevie, John and Mick (along with the 20 million backing folk) line up of today is the liveliest most rocking beefed up fleetwood mac yet. That what i want to hear.

I miss chris more than i would miss stevie, but thats another point altogether. She really had the voice.

please note this is largley based on my opinion and not hard evidence and facts.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know, I have nothing against Bekka or anything, she's got a fantastic voice. But it's too strange for me. I don't like anyone else singing LB's Mac songs either - it's almost like karaoke to me.
Yabbut, think of it this way Paula. Did you ever go into a bar or a club & hear the house band play a Fleetwood Mac song? It's kinda cool because you recognize it & you can sing all the way through with it! It IS like karaoke--only it's bar band!!

Think of it this way: If you go to a 1994 Fleetwood Mac concert, would you rather hear Bekka sing GDW or the totally stupid title song "Shakin' the Cage" (cock shlock rock at its nadir "written" by Billy Thorpe)? The choice is obvious---bring on GDW!!

When you went to Vegas with other ledgies, did you or did you not all stay up all night raving & singing Stevie songs? It's the same thing!!! when you hear a cover band play FM, or when you hear a "substitute" vocalist sing an FM song! It's a groove. It's a kick. It's a blast. It's a howl. It's a hoot. It's a root-toot-toot. Yoot. Yoot. Whoot.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-30-2006, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Yeah, but if I'm paying $50 (or $150 or whatever) to see Mac, I want to see Stevie sing Stevie & LB sing LB & in my dreams, Chris sing Chris.

Of course, I don't mind seeing a cover band if I only have to pay a $5 cover. Now regarding our drunken Vegas singing (if you could call it that) nobody in their right mind would pay to see me on stage.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^ Yeah, but if I'm paying $50 (or $150 or whatever) to see Mac, I want to see Stevie sing Stevie & LB sing LB & in my dreams, Chris sing Chris.

Of course, I don't mind seeing a cover band if I only have to pay a $5 cover. Now regarding our drunken Vegas singing (if you could call it that) nobody in their right mind would pay to see me on stage.
But you were having fun, and that's all that counts.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If/when I go see Fleetwood Mac, I just want to see & hear them...old songs (regardless of current personnel), new songs, covers (if they choose to play them), whatever. Fleetwood Mac, while Lindsey Buckingham has been a member, has been inundated by a "Cloud Of Smugness" regarding their own material and they probably don't even drive Hybrid cars.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades
As i have only started appreciating fleetwood mac throught the rumours era and album and became a true fan since the Dance was released, I would have absoutely no interest in the world to see peter, bob, rick, jeremy or any other guitarist that wasnt lindsey buckingham. I know that is totally biased and means nothing to fleetwood mac fans that thave gone through the complete transition of members.
Well, I've got say that I in no way experienced the complete transition of members and only became a fan of Fleetwood Mac after The Dance, like yourself, but I'll take the Peter and Jeremy show any day over another awkwardly scripted Buckingham read-through. Especially if Jeremy's new album is good as everyone's saying it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
If/when I go see Fleetwood Mac, I just want to see & hear them...old songs (regardless of current personnel), new songs, covers (if they choose to play them), whatever. Fleetwood Mac, while Lindsey Buckingham has been a member, has been inundated by a "Cloud Of Smugness" regarding their own material and they probably don't even drive Hybrid cars.
Indeed. And the amazing part about it is that not only do they not play any covers or any songs from previous incarnations (with only two exceptions after 1975, I think) - they don't even play the vast majority of their own catalogue!
Old 03-30-2006, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I've got say that I in no way experienced the complete transition of members and only became a fan of Fleetwood Mac after The Dance, like yourself, but I'll take the Peter and Jeremy show any day over another awkwardly scripted Buckingham read-through. Especially if Jeremy's new album is good as everyone's saying it is.

Indeed. And the amazing part about it is that not only do they not play any covers or any songs from previous incarnations (with only two exceptions after 1975, I think) - they don't even play the vast majority of their own catalogue!
See Oh Well.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD

So you wouldn't care who was singing or playing, as long as they changed the setlist? How about Stevie doing "Black Magic Woman."
Old 03-31-2006, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So you wouldn't care who was singing or playing, as long as they changed the setlist? How about Stevie doing "Black Magic Woman."
I'm gonna vote no, only because the last thing we need is more fuel for the "Stevie's a lesbian" crowd. Though I would like to hear Lindsey try to tackle that guitar solo.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chris has to tour if there is a reunion tour! That is the FM that causal fans know and remember. That's the audience that FM and most others band play/tour for. I know a handful of people in my realm of friends who only like Chris and not Stevie, you know the "she has the nicer voice, blah, blah, blah ****".) If there's no Chris, they might as well forget it. As far as the pre- Rumours era line-up, forget it. Most and I mean probably 95% of casual fans don't even know there was a FM before Rumours.

Old 03-31-2006, 02:29 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
As far as the pre- Rumours era line-up, forget it. Most and I mean probably 95% of casual fans don't even know there was a FM before Rumours.
Then they don't have to go, do they?

(Also, I assure you, in Europe far more than 5% of the populace are familiar with the likes of Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer.)
Old 03-31-2006, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If there's no Chris, they might as well forget it.
On this sentiment, we agree.
Quote:
As far as the pre- Rumours era line-up, forget it. Most and I mean probably 95% of casual fans don't even know there was a FM before Rumours.
On this, we don't. You know, before I BOUGHT the pre BN stuff, I knew songs like Sentimental Lady, but never knew WHO it was(I was a kid!). All of the sudden, I'm like, "I know some of these songs!". If Pete and Bob did:
Oh Well
Green Manalishi
Rattlesnake Shake
Black Magic Woman
Hypnotized
Sentimental Lady
Emerald Eyes
Future Games, I think people would REALIZE the great performers that have been in FM besides Chris, Old What's Her Name, and the Spoiled Brat.