User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-31-2003, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up What a GREAT idea!!!!!

Everybody Cries (out song titles at concerts. It's really annoying)

We've identified a problem, and as always, R.E.M. provides a solution. Don't lose your voice screaming for some obscure b-side, when you're at the show. Break your fingers requesting it online, instead. R.E.M. is bringing their monster tour to the United States, and they're taking your requests. Go to the set lists page of remhq.com to tell them what to play. You can also check out the album art for their upcoming greatest hits package, In Time, which comes out October 28th.

WHY GOD WHY?!?!?!?!

Not fair!!

Lindsey, are you reading this?!!? COME ON!!! Let us request!!

.....and then I woke up.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: What a GREAT idea!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847

.....and then I woke up.
Exactly .
Fleetwood Mac - never!
For us it'll be "Everybody Cries" all the way, lol.

That would be so awesome though ...

But I gotta say - on the whole I'm pretty happy indeed with their current setlist. ie, EOTW, Beautiful Child, Say Goodbye... not bad at all.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:48 AM
Senior Ledgie

I would request "Sara" or "Not That Funny" or "Walk A Thin Line"... I can't choose so don't make me...
Old 08-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a great idea. I just checked out recent set lists on the R.E.M. tour and they're pretty great. Unlike FM, they're not relying on singles and the same old tired favorites. Instead, they're picking album cuts that people really love and it's turning into the best tour of their very long career.

I just submitted my fantasy set list to the band's site and can't wait for their west coast shows.

One of FM's problems is that they turn their tours into big machines that get out of their control. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't need to the see the band in giant arenas anymore. I'm fed up with medicore sound and annoying people who talk through shows. Instead, I wish they would play smaller venues with good sound and do a different set each night. If that means touring without Stevie, that's fine by me. It's time for this great old band to really shine and add some surprises into each night. Sometimes it would work well, other times it wouldn't - but that's what it should be about when you're an artist. Save the nostalgia shows for the has-been bands.
Fleetwood Mac has more imagination than that and I hope they learn something from what R.E.M. is doing.
Old 08-02-2003, 03:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs down Huh?

And how exactly is this Stevie's fault?

susieq
Old 08-02-2003, 04:34 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dontlookdown

Instead, I wish they would play smaller venues with good sound and do a different set each night. If that means touring without Stevie, that's fine by me. It's time for this great old band to really shine and add some surprises into each night. [/B]
I find it sort of strange that two of Stevie's new songs from Say You Will were dropped early on, and that she made a statement somewhat against doing new stuff on the All Access show. I guess I do agree that Stevie more than the others (and Lindsey in particular) would have a problem shaking up the set list a bit, but then on the other hand, she did a lot of new stuff on the TISL tour and it all came off great. The Enchanted tour set was pretty cool as well.

Erin
Old 08-02-2003, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I always wished that they would mix up their set lists a bit. In fact, I wish that they would be a little more like The Dead; they have a different set list every night (but that's the way it's always been with them)

I think that I'd request Sisters of the Moon, Blue Letter, Crystal, and Fireflies, among others. Man I am really envious of R.E.M. fans!