User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-20-2023, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
In terms of the track listing, I'm curious if any of the unused tracks from the Gift of Screws bootleg will make an appearance on the new album. As of 2023, here are the remaining songs that have yet to appear on an official Lindsey Buckingham or Fleetwood Mac album.

1) Gotta Get Away
2) Wear You Down (Steve's Riff)
3) The Singer Not the Song
4) Deep Dense
5) Given Thing
6) When Blue Turns to Grey
7) My Little Demon (studio version)
I understand your point, but honestly The Dance version is the only studio version we're going to get released. Yes, I know The Dance is a 'live' album... but of course it's so heavy with studio overdubs that it can't really be considered 'live'
Old 01-25-2023, 03:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I understand your point, but honestly The Dance version is the only studio version we're going to get released. Yes, I know The Dance is a 'live' album... but of course it's so heavy with studio overdubs that it can't really be considered 'live'
"Bleed to Love Her" was also on The Dance, but as we know, it eventually found a home on Say You Will. However, given that it has been 25+ years since the song was written it's not incredibly likely that Buckingham will revive any of these songs, although he has pulled songs from the archives in the past. If I'm not mistaken, "Swan Song" originated from the early 2000s and finally got released on his self-titled album in 2021.
Old 01-29-2023, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Young(er) Lindsey during the promotion of Go Insane. Funny to hear him back when he wasn't as rehearsed/scripted in his interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goPqch3p9tA
Old 01-30-2023, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

pre-therapy (or perhaps pre-media training)

What he says at 8:08 is why the firing stung. He's long felt like the driver of the group's success. The relative failures of Behind the Mask and Time compared to Tango In The Night and The Dance only fueled the feeling.

After Say You Will failed to set the world on fire, I think Lindsey chalked up the result to the 2000's simply not being conducive to sales for Fleetwood Mac music (something Stevie foresees in the Destiny Rules documentary). But if the group was going to be a nostalgia act, at least he was band leader responsible for a successful live show.

FWIW, Stevie looks amazing with her hair up and braided in the picture at 12:30.

Last edited by cbBen; 01-30-2023 at 04:49 PM..