Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-01-2022, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Lindsey is the polar opposite of Stevie. He takes time to internally process his thoughts and then speak just the right words (if at all...). Chris wouldn't expect anything less from him. That a message from him has been published this quickly is actually surprising to me.
He's just as devastated as the rest of the other 3 members. But, I'm glad he posted a very nice note... and got to use "profound" when talking about Christine again.

They just lost their sister. I'm giving them all a break on however they react. It's very horrible to imagine a world without her. And, FM and fans are going thru hell right now.
Old 12-02-2022, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

By nature, I think Lindsey is not going to be the first person to jump out with a written statement. He's going to sit with his thoughts for a bit before saying anything. That's just the way he is. He also could have reached out to the family immediately and a public statement wasn't his first priority.
Old 12-02-2022, 09:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Lindsey’s statement was eloquent and fitting. But I think it’s grotesque for anyone to judge Lindsey or anyone else for the speed with which they make a statement. They are people who have lost someone very dear to them, have their grief to process, and also have to figure out just the right words to pay tribute.

Lindsey’s words were lovely and would be just as lovely whenever he was up to posting them. They don’t owe us a public performance of their grief.
Old 12-04-2022, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree that Lindsey's words of tribute are very beautiful. I think a lot of people, especially those of a certain age, are sometimes conflicted about discussing something as serious as this on social media. No judgment; I just think it's hard sometimes, especially for someone who has Lindsey's sensibilities about things, to know how to appropriately respond in such a public way. IMHO. I've enjoyed reading all the beautiful tributes to Christine, and every time I hear "Everywhere" on the car commercial, it's a little of a jolt but also very touching.
Old 12-05-2022, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yeah. I am glad Lindsey posted, but I most definitely don’t think John needs to say a single thing publicly. Not a thing.
I agree.

-Lis
Old 12-05-2022, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wow, this is lightning fast for LB!

took a week for his words to become his social media posts after Brett's passing, similarly for Rick Turner. with his long standing tour manager becoming suddenly really sick too, this must have been a really hard year for LB. and i'm certain we don't even know the half of it.

both LB's daughters posted tributes / pics on their stories, and his wife shared LB's tribute.

and yes, John doesn't even have social media so i really don't get why would anyone expect him to post anything.
Where have Lindsey's daughters posted? Any links? I'm still not good with technology...

-Lis
Old 12-05-2022, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
Where have Lindsey's daughters posted? Any links? I'm still not good with technology...

-Lis
they both just posted a different old pic of lindsey and christine on their insta stories (since insta stories are transient they are not available anymore unless someone captured them).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-05-2022, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
they both just posted a different old pic of lindsey and christine on their insta stories (since insta stories are transient they are not available anymore unless someone captured them).
Oh, okay, thanks for the info!
Old 01-07-2023, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post

-Lis
Here is a screen shot of what they posted and Kristen's post on IG. As a bonus I have one from Pat Benatar's daughter Hana.
Old 01-07-2023, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
Here is a screen shot of what they posted and Kristen's post on IG. As a bonus I have one from Pat Benatar's daughter Hana.
thanks for sharing

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"