Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-03-2022, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Europe rescheduled dates trickling in

fans started getting emails from venues with postponed dates - here is what we heard so far:

Sept 26 Oslo
Sept 28 Berlin
Oct 1 London
Oct 4 Liverpool

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 06-06-2022 at 10:24 AM..
Old 06-04-2022, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
fans started getting emails from venues with postponed dates - here is what we heard so far:

Sept 26 Oslo
Sept 28 Berlin
Oct 1 London
This is good news and let's us all know that Lindsey is likely doing well and just needed a bit more recovery time, along with impacted band and crew. I kind of suspected that there was not significant concern for Lindsey's health. At the time the postponements were announced LeeLee and Stella were vacationing in Maui and in recent days LeeLee and Kristen have been in London, Paris, and the south of France per their social media. I doubt they would be traveling so far, so often, if Lindsey had any major illness issues.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I noticed their social media photos also. I wonder if Lindsey is with them?

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 09-14-2022, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hello Europe!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 09-14-2022 at 06:35 PM..
Old 09-14-2022, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exciting time for Lindsey! First solo performances in Europe. Is that London date at the Hammersmith?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-15-2022, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Exciting time for Lindsey! First solo performances in Europe. Is that London date at the Hammersmith?
No, it’s the London Palladium….a fairly small but very historic and culturally significant theatre in central London.
It’s such a shame….he surely could have filled bigger venues in London over multiple dates. The tickets for the palladium were just way too expensive for me….and I sold a kidney for On With the Show tickets! Just silly prices….sorry Lindsey but…..

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-15-2022, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
No, it’s the London Palladium….a fairly small but very historic and culturally significant theatre in central London.
It’s such a shame….he surely could have filled bigger venues in London over multiple dates. The tickets for the palladium were just way too expensive for me….and I sold a kidney for On With the Show tickets! Just silly prices….sorry Lindsey but…..
that's interesting. how much was it? i cannot see London Palladium prices since those tix have been sold out for a long time now and nothing is available on sites that are not resale, but all his shows that have tickets still available have pretty normal prices, and generally way less that in the US where platinum / market value pricing was several times higher for first few rows.

Old 09-15-2022, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

also weirdly, the info about sold out venues and low tix posted today here is all wrong:

for example, Liverpool, London and Dublin are all sold out, while Haarlem (after the change of venue) is not.

many of these were originally sold out, however people could return their tickets if they couldn't make a new date. and many had already showed up without seeing shows were cancelled or had booked nonrefundable travel at the original spring time. these shows are very sparse for Europe, so many had to travel across the continent to get to the closest show.

Old 09-19-2022, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Saw that tonight’s Paris and tomorrow’s Netherlands shows were cancelled “for medical reasons.” Anyone know what happened? Hoping everyone’s okay and they’re just being extra cautious after a COVID exposure or something.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's all a bit worrying, isn't it? I hope he's OK.

It does feel sometimes that Lindsey's European shows are cursed! I still have my ticket from his London show that never happened in 2011, and of course the show on October 1st this year has already been re-scheduled from May... I'm crossing my fingers that it goes ahead this time.
Old 09-21-2022, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tomorrow night’s show at Capitole Ghent (Belgium) is also cancelled. Just received an email from the venue. Hope it is nothing serious..

Life is like a box of chocolates : full of nuts
Old 09-23-2022, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Now Stockholm 25/9 is cancelled too .
Seeing all tickets for cancelled shows are being refunded there clearly will be no rescheduling this time. Wonder where they are now ; still in Paris ? What is going on ?

Life is like a box of chocolates : full of nuts
Old 09-23-2022, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyvermoesen View Post
Seeing all tickets for cancelled shows are being refunded there clearly will be no rescheduling this time. Wonder where they are now ; still in Paris ? What is going on ?
I read in a random comment on some social media post that they hadn’t even left the US. No idea how true that is, though. It’s quite worrying.
Old 09-23-2022, 06:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyvermoesen View Post
I wonder if he's even going to do the Europe tour if he's cancelled this many shows. I pray Lindsey and the band are fine.
Old 09-23-2022, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
I read in a random comment on some social media post that they hadn’t even left the US. No idea how true that is, though. It’s quite worrying.
Lindsey, the band, the crew and equipment have all been in Paris for over a week now. possibly they never left Paris yet.

no idea what's happening, the speculations are that he must be sick with something they are hoping will get better soon and monitoring day by day.

but frankly 5 shows cancelled across 5 countries and 2 weeks with no official posts is getting to be ridiculous even if he's on ventilator in some Paris hospital. he seems to be firmly sticking with FM old habits of providing relevant information only 3 months later. if fans were not getting emails from venues about their shows cancellations and sharing on social media we would have no clue.

people have been buying tickets for the next show down the road as shows get cancelled, only to find out 2 days later that next show was cancelled too. and people have been flying across Europe the second time this summer, with no LB show at the end of it. at this point Berlin is the only remaining continental Europe show left... and considering Oslo and Stockholm were just cancelled, guessing Berlin might not go on either. but really really hoping for all the fans that it will! people are flying to Berlin from Spain etc since there were no shows in mid/southern Europe.

at the end, people are looking to buy Glasgow tickets since that's the only non-sold out show in England/Scotland/Ireland... so i really hope at least those shows happen.