Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-22-2022, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
1. Come
2. Come
3. Come (I mean it’s long and bad enough right?)
4. Oh Diane
5. Murrow Turning Over in His Grave
THANK YOU!

See Macfan, it's not just me. Come is a horrible song. So is Murrow.

I can live with Oh Diane.
Old 01-22-2022, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
THANK YOU!

See Macfan, it's not just me. Come is a horrible song. So is Murrow.

I can live with Oh Diane.
Not my favorite songs but I definitely like them. The guitar work is brilliant. Mick's drumming is really good on Murrow too. How anyone cannot appreciate Lindsey's skills on these songs is beyond me. Seriously. Its some of his best work and blows any song of his on Tusk out of the water. I hate it when Lindsey gets edgy with computers and programmed stuff like on Caroline. But pushing Mick and John and Lindsey's guitar to their creative edge is brilliant.
I will never apologize for Lindsey offending you for playing his guitar.

Hurry, run back to your seat Homer, the drum machine to Stand Back just began!

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-22-2022 at 12:41 PM..
Old 01-22-2022, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Not my favorite songs but I definitely like them. The guitar work is brilliant. Mick's drumming is really good on Murrow too. How anyone cannot appreciate Lindsey's skills on these songs is beyond me. Seriously. Its some of his best work and blows any song of his on Tusk out of the water. I hate it when Lindsey gets edgy with computers and programmed stuff like on Caroline. But pushing Mick and John and Lindsey's guitar to their creative edge is brilliant.
I will never apologize for Lindsey offending you for playing his guitar.

Hurry, run back to your seat Homer, the drum machine to Stand Back just began!
It's not his guitar playing, so stop saying that. It's the SCREAMING, and the fact that it's a sh*tty song.

And even you can see that I'm not the only person who hates it.
Old 01-22-2022, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's not his guitar playing, so stop saying that. It's the SCREAMING, and the fact that it's a sh*tty song.

And even you can see that I'm not the only person who hates it.
I imagine you also have a dart board with Lindsey's face on it?

I suppose I am not as simplistic as to discard a song because of singing alone. I am more about the music and arrangements. There are fantastic songs with bad singing. Would you say this to Bob Dylan? He is a horrible singer. American Idol ruined music.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-22-2022 at 03:09 PM..
Old 01-22-2022, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I imagine you also have a dart board with Lindsey's face on it?

I suppose I am not as simplistic as to discard a song because of singing alone. I am more about the music and arrangements. There are fantastic songs with bad singing. Would you say this to Bob Dylan? He is a horrible singer. American Idol ruined music.
Oh PUHLEEEEASE, because I don't like a couple of songs?

FM WOULD HAVE FALLEN INTO OBSCURITY BY 1980 IF IT WEREN'T FOR LINDSEY.

Bob Dylan is a highly overrated schmuck. And a horrible singer. At least we agree on something. NEXT!
Old 01-23-2022, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Empire State
Teen Beat
Make Me a Mask
Say Goodbye
Not That Funny

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-24-2022, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh PUHLEEEEASE, because I don't like a couple of songs?

FM WOULD HAVE FALLEN INTO OBSCURITY BY 1980 IF IT WEREN'T FOR LINDSEY.

Bob Dylan is a highly overrated schmuck. And a horrible singer. At least we agree on something. NEXT!
One time, an interviewer was talking to Cher and he complained about Sonny's nasal voice and Cher got upset about that and said that Bob Dylan couldn't sing either, what was the interviewer's point. I loved her for that. I always said of Cher that she might drag Sonny through the mud, but she wouldn't let anyone else do it in her presence.

We don't have many instances of the Macsters being protective of one another. That would warm the cockles of my heart.
Old 01-25-2022, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
He sounded good on Don't Stop and World Turning.

I think the wrong Lindsey songs were chosen for him to sing.

If they had to do songs by Lindsey, I've already said Tusk should've been done, I think I'm So Afraid would've worked, and Eyes of the World.
I agree. He sounded terrible on SHN and MM. Hold Me he wasn't too bad. He kept Christine in tune for the most part. At least the shows I saw.
Old 01-25-2022, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
He sounded good on Don't Stop and World Turning.

I think the wrong Lindsey songs were chosen for him to sing.

If they had to do songs by Lindsey, I've already said Tusk should've been done, I think I'm So Afraid would've worked, and Eyes of the World.
with the caveat that i was not (of course!) at any Fakewood shows, from youtube vids i saw, i thought Neil Finn actually sounded great on SHN. i do agree that it had no spirit and heart, but singing was on point and way more similar to the record than Lindsey's more recent live versions. and i think recorded SHN and early live versions were perfection.

i'm assuming that you are being just sarcastic about Tusk, ISA and Eyes because there's no way you can be serious. those are suck typical LB songs, and if you didn't like Neil's version of SHN and MM you would have hated whatever he could do with those songs. who exactly would do the ISA solo or Eyes outro? both those are such typical Lindsey guitars and from what i've heard in vids neither of those 2 guitarists they contracted for Fakewood could "play it like Lindsey."

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-25-2022, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
with the caveat that i was not (of course!) at any Fakewood shows, from youtube vids i saw, i thought Neil Finn actually sounded great on SHN. i do agree that it had no spirit and heart, but singing was on point and way more similar to the record than Lindsey's more recent live versions. and i think recorded SHN and early live versions were perfection.

i'm assuming that you are being just sarcastic about Tusk, ISA and Eyes because there's no way you can be serious. those are suck typical LB songs, and if you didn't like Neil's version of SHN and MM you would have hated whatever he could do with those songs. who exactly would do the ISA solo or Eyes outro? both those are such typical Lindsey guitars and from what i've heard in vids neither of those 2 guitarists they contracted for Fakewood could "play it like Lindsey."
I went to multiple shows so I've heard Neil sing and I believe he could've sung the songs I mentioned and I'll add I Know I'm Not Wrong, Oh Well (Mike sounded like he was gargling), and Big Love.

Mike or Neil probably could play the guitar parts.
Mike did the shredding on Hold Me, it didn't sound great like Mirage, the soloing and outro to You Make Loving Fun. His soloing on Go Your Own Way and Second Hand News were too country twang... it was like Springsteen on Thundercrack.
Old 06-27-2022, 10:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

A few years ago, I ranked 325 Fleetwood Mac songs from best to worst, so I am pulling the bottom five Buckingham songs and placing them here.

5th worst: Goodbye Angel (ranked #306 out of #325)

4th worst: Miss Fantasy (ranked #307 out of #325)

3rd worst: Doesn't Anything Last? (ranked #309 out of #325)

2nd worst: Oh Diane (ranked #315 out of #325)

Worst: It Takes Time (#319 out of #325)
Old 06-28-2022, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not That Funny(live), is all I've got.

I like Family Man, and absolutely LOVE Empire State.
Old 06-28-2022, 03:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

1. Not That Funny
2. Come
3. My Little Demon
4. That's Enough For Me
5. Red Rover
Old 06-28-2022, 06:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Not That Funny(live), is all I've got.
The studio version of "Not That Funny" is not as egregious as the live version. I remember that a good portion of the audience quickly retreated to the concession stands upon hearing the first few notes of "Not That Funny" during their 2013 tour.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes people left during the Dance on NTF. I was floored they did that song again. I dont mind the earlier versions of NTF live because of Chris pounding away on the piano. It was a good jam. But after Mirage it should not have been performed live again. I could be wrong but on the Dance version Chris was not even on stage playing? It was more a a Lindsey jam. Forgive me my memory is foggy on this.

I am in the minority on The Ledge but I think The Ledge is one of my least favorite Lindsey songs. I like everything else on Tusk except this song