User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2022, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Arrow 5 least favorite Lindsey Mac songs

It's tough but I can do it. BTW, if anyone puts Go Your Own Way on their list, they get banned for 3 weeks

5. Big Love - I find the lyrics trite and cheezy. I do love the guitar and drumming but its too unoriginal pop for me.

4. Not That Funny - I actually dont hate this song like I used to. Its not even my least favorite on Tusk (anymore). But definitely one of my least favorites on the Lindsey side.

3. Oh Diane - Oh God this song is so music box pop that it does not sound like Fleetwood Mac nor Lindsey Buckingham. For the love of God this song made Mirage over Smile At You. God take me now Empire State all day over this!

2. The Ledge - Sorry Charlie. Its still my least favorite on Tusk. Never liked it, never will.

1. Caroline - If I listened to this song 10 times in a row, I would be in a mental institution. Nothing about it is Fleetwood Mac. Its all programmed bass and percussion. The odd chanting in the end is bad too. Give me Family Man any day over this
Old 01-18-2022, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1) Bleed To Love Her

2) Bleed To Love Her

3) Bleed To Love Her

4) Bleed To Love Her

5) Bleed To Love Her

Worse song he's ever done, band and solo
Old 01-19-2022, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

in no particular order:

Can't Go Back (but can you go away?)

Oh Diane (oh no Diane)

family man (love love the acoustic guitar parts, but as a song it feels like a throwaway. How did your mother, father, brother ever make the final cut??)

Murrow Turning Over in His Grave (Let him keep turning right on out of here. pretentious noise)

What's the World Coming To (what's this song coming to??)
Old 01-19-2022, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

heh too bad you didn't include solo so i can list dreaded Trouble.

of Lindsey's FM, there are not many duds. here's my list in no particular order:

That's All for Everyone
Empire State
Family Man
What's the World Coming To?
Say Goodbye

these are also the only real LB FM duds, imo, but i know some people have strong opinion about TAFE being a masterpiece, for example.

if we are including [official] co-writes, i'd add You and I, Part II. of the unofficial co-writes, Dreams would probably be topping my list.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-19-2022, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
heh too bad you didn't include solo so i can list dreaded Trouble.

of Lindsey's FM, there are not many duds. here's my list in no particular order:

That's All for Everyone
Empire State
Family Man
What's the World Coming To?
Say Goodbye

these are also the only real LB FM duds, imo, but i know some people have strong opinion about TAFE being a masterpiece, for example.

if we are including [official] co-writes, i'd add You and I, Part II. of the unofficial co-writes, Dreams would probably be topping my list.
OMFG How did I forget this one?? Probably because it's sooooooo awful I blocked it out.

If I had to stick to just 5, then I would put Empire State on and take Family Man off.

I thought about That's All For Everyone. Lyrically it goes NOWHERE, but I'm a sucker for his cascading harmonies so I let it slide.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

IDK if I can come up with 5 Lindsey songs I hate. I've always found most of his songs to at least be palatable.
But-
Murrow is horrible.
Come is the worst thing he's ever done.
Say Goodbye is meh.
Big Love ACOUSTIC- put that sh*t in a grave. Tired and worn out. Full band or let it go.

I'm stalled at 4. I like Family Man, and ADORE Empire State, for those haters.
Old 01-19-2022, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Family Man
Not That Funny
The Ledge
Oh Diane
Walk a Thin Line
Old 01-19-2022, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

IMO Lindsey was perfect on White and Rumours- flawless everything and the songs stand the test of time. Starting with Tusk though, he somehow forgot that people have to listen to his songs and find enjoyment in them, although not all bad, his production choices left potentially good songs just hanging.

I like Save me a Place, but not keen on:

That's all for Everyone- good idea, but lyrically goes nowhere, we never get to the reason why he's concluded that's all-but the song isn't quite exactly what we needed.
That's Enough for Me- I like the idea and such but like Christine once said- "**** that's fast"- she's right, and the song is hard to keep up to as a listener.
The Ledge- this could have been a cooker of a track with sensible production and larger than life backing vocals from Stevie- a la Second Hand News- but sounds rushed and poorly executed.
Murrow Turning Over in His Grave- I dig the cool Guitar intro but once he starts singing, Murrow probably actually turned over in his grave.
Can't Go Back- I used to like it but now I don't the music box stuff is annoying and ruins what was building to be the famous trifecta of amazing songs to start an album.

Bubbling Under- most of his Tango songs border on pretentious, but are better overall than the above. If Say You Will had been a 10 song album, some of his tracks were bordering on great, had he dropped the tinny sound.
Old 01-19-2022, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't get me started...
Old 01-19-2022, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
1) Bleed To Love Her

2) Bleed To Love Her

3) Bleed To Love Her

4) Bleed To Love Her

5) Bleed To Love Her

Worse song he's ever done, band and solo
I can't stand this song. uhhhh
Old 01-19-2022, 08:38 AM

What's the World Coming To (pure lazy crap)
Bleed to Love Her
Oh Diane
Cool Water
Say Goodbye
Old 01-19-2022, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I simply can't make a Top 5 as I'm the only guy in the world who find the songs from Tusk and Mirage as truly masterpieces, fun, emotional, long, short, rare, insane, melodical...really good...
So, I can't go with 5, but I would say:

- Big Love (acoustic). I totally agree with Homer, the song had its moment, but it's time to something different, or to leave the song behind. Same goes for Go Insane acoustic!
- I'm So Afraid (studio). I love the live versions. Live has the best one, but The Dance has another very good one. I heard some live versions from bootlegs and sutff which sounded better than the original. The studio version has a rare soul, the final solo is short and has no sense, I can't find a "form" for that.
- Some versions from the SYW album sounded better live. Murrow, Come, Red Rover, Say Goodbye and Bleed To Love Her had another atmosphere live, sounded good. The speedy guitars in all of them at the studio were the beginning of an era of "speedy" songs by Lindsey, which are not bad, but live they sound much better...

Last edited by moon; 01-19-2022 at 12:49 PM..
Old 01-19-2022, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have six

Monday Morning (never got its appeal)

I Know I’m Not Wrong

Oh Diane

Family Man

Come

Make Me a Mask
Old 01-19-2022, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I have six

Monday Morning (never got its appeal)

I Know I’m Not Wrong

Oh Diane

Family Man

Come

Make Me a Mask
Oh man, I love I Know I’m Not Wrong, but it took me a long time to appreciate it. It takes forever to get to the chorus, but when it comes it’s so dang catchy! Monday Morning I like a lot, and Neil did a really good job singing it. But if you didn’t like Lindsey’s version, you probably wouldn’t like Neil’s.
Old 01-19-2022, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
OMFG How did I forget this one?? Probably because it's sooooooo awful I blocked it out.

If I had to stick to just 5, then I would put Empire State on and take Family Man off.

I thought about That's All For Everyone. Lyrically it goes NOWHERE, but I'm a sucker for his cascading harmonies so I let it slide.

I love the alternate version that appears on the deluxe edition.