Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-16-2021, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey Buckingham album is here

The album is now available to everyone.

What does everybody think?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 09-16-2021 at 11:48 PM..
Old 09-17-2021, 01:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not even showing up on the main iTunes page for me. Just looked and its not even in the Top 200.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just finished my first listen (apart from the 3 singles, which I probably overplayed).

I enjoyed it a lot but so much of it was not what I was expecting at all. For example, the (intentionally?) goofy synth of Blue Light threw me! I really like the electro influence on some of the tracks.

First impressions of the non-singles, based on a single listen so don't hold me to them :

Swan Song - really good. Not just new sonic textures for Lindsey but also some new melodic and harmonic influence. An album highlight.
Blind Love - schmaltzy in the same was as Say We'll Meet Again. Probably this one will grow on me. Probably sounds the most like a L&O track.
Time - really nice. Not much more to say. Touching song performed well.
Blue Light - that synth is a little jarring but the song is good.
Power Down - has elements of Animal Collective (who I have always heard a lot of Lindsey in) both melodically and sonically. Really loved this one.
Santa Rosa - a classic Lindsey song. The chorus is really great.
Dancing - I really like this one. I was expecting even more ethereal production based on comments I had read. More restrained production that I'd guessed. I'd have added more ghostly backing vocals or reverb Not something most people say about Lindsey!

Overall, I really like it a lot ad there are no duds. I can't guess where it will land in relation to his other albums yet because, as always, there is a lot to digest. Really looking forward to getting to knowing all of these songs better
Old 09-17-2021, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Words cannot express how much I love Swan Song. It combines my two favorite aspects of Lindsey: sonic experimentation/deconstruction & Spanish-style guitar work. Power Down is another immediate favorite. I was marginally concerned this album might be a little too straightforward… I love the blend of material here though. Looking forward to a enjoying deeper dive of the album this weekend.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've really fallen in love with it already - I'm just playing it on repeat.

So many gorgeous hooks and harmonies. Wonderful lyrics - he's wearing his heart on his sleeve. And the choice of 'Time' as a cover echoes 'September Song' from Law And Order, but with the poignancy of age - this time, he knows what he's singing about...
Old 09-17-2021, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
I've really fallen in love with it already - I'm just playing it on repeat.

So many gorgeous hooks and harmonies. Wonderful lyrics - he's wearing his heart on his sleeve. And the choice of 'Time' as a cover echoes 'September Song' from Law And Order, but with the poignancy of age - this time, he knows what he's singing about...

I love it. And agree, there are no real duds. I saw him in NY last night, and the new songs were very well received. Downloaded the new album today and have been playing it on a loop
Old 09-17-2021, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just finished listening to the entire album and the main thing I took from it is just how much I personally needed it. It's been a really horrible two years for pretty much everyone, myself included. I didn't realize just how much hearing a new album from Lindsey would really mean to me.

I went into it without having listened to the singles or anything at all. I wanted the whole thing to be a fresh experience all at once. I love the first three tracks. Blue Light is fantastic. Listening to Santa Rosa got me really emotional to the point of tears. I can't explain how or why.

I need to listen to the album more to get a true sense of how I feel about it but as I said before, I'm just glad and thankful Lindsey is still putting out new material.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BTW, I assumed that On The Wrong Side was going to be a reworked version of the original On The Wrong Side that Lindsey did for the With Honors Soundtrack. Was pleasantly surprised (shocked) it was a completely new song.

Can anyone name other artists/bands who've had two different songs with the same title? I'm curious.
Old 09-17-2021, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Listening to Santa Rosa got me really emotional to the point of tears. I can't explain how or why.

I need to listen to the album more to get a true sense of how I feel about it but as I said before, I'm just glad and thankful Lindsey is still putting out new material.
I love Santa Rosa ! This song and a few others on the album would have made a great Fleetwood Mac song. I'm also happy that he is still releasing good music..since the rest of his ex band are creatively bankrupt.

Old 09-17-2021, 08:16 PM
Ledgie

[IMG][/IMG]

Instant classic from Lindsey. Such an amazing album.

Last edited by wilsonmac; 09-17-2021 at 08:20 PM..
Old 09-17-2021, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I love Santa Rosa ! This song and a few others on the album would have made a great Fleetwood Mac song. I'm also happy that he is still releasing good music..since the rest of his ex band are creatively bankrupt.

Yes, the more I listen to these songs as well as the BuckMcVie songs we could have had 2 Amazing Fleetwood Mac albums that would have given Lindsey more “exposure” to his excellence. Thank you Lindsey for your new music!
Old 09-18-2021, 02:41 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Dancing - I really like this one. I was expecting even more ethereal production based on comments I had read.
Not enjoying the album as a whole (thus far) but Dancing is my immediate favourite.
Old 09-18-2021, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’ll have more to say but initially I was disappointed. Then I realized I love the first six tracks. Now, I love all of them except Power Down. ETA: NVM i love Power Down now too.

I do wish Stevie had not torpedoed what would have been a wonderful start to new music for the Buckingham McVie lineup of Fleetwood Mac.

One of the fun games to play with the album: is whether each song is about Kristen or Stevie? Or both?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 09-18-2021 at 12:46 PM..
Old 09-18-2021, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

What an album!

Perfect for playing over the speaker on a breezy weekend afternoon.

Highlights for me so far include the "Family Man" type guitar in Swan Song and the syncopation in Power Down.

Here's hoping that being on the road for the current tour will inspire him to write new material so that we keep getting more albums.
Old 09-19-2021, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe over half of it has clicked with me so far. The 3 singles, Swan Song, Time and Dancing.

Think I will need to give the rest of the album more spins to see if I end up liking them as well. I will say this, however: the production and the instrumentation is, once again, top notch.