Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-12-2020, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Caution: The Killers feat. Lindsey Buckingham

Lindsey Buckingham’s return to music after Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac fired him without cause from the band whose sound he created/perfected, then made libelous claims about him in the press, and, finally, left him so heartbroken he actually had a heart attack that necessitated a year of voice therapy to heal his damaged vocal chords.

Any sound he makes from here on out is a triumph.

We will rise from this Treason!

Caution: The Killers feat. Lindsey Buckingham
https://youtu.be/uU6PLP0PX2g

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That’s really nice. I could really add that to my gym playlist — and then stay home from the gym because covid19.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-12-2020, 05:53 PM
Ledgie

This is Amazing! Lindsey is in TOP form, I hear his touch everywhere in this track, he is CREATING at the highest level.
Much needed for my spirit in these difficult days the world is facing.
I believe he will surprise us with his new album soon.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So glad the creative force of that band is out there creating. More than I can say for the rest of those slugs.
Go LB
Old 03-12-2020, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Lindsey Buckingham’s return to music after Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac fired him without cause from the band whose sound he created/perfected, then made libelous claims about him in the press, and, finally, left him so heartbroken he actually had a heart attack that necessitated a year of voice therapy to heal his damaged vocal chords.

Any sound he makes from here on out is a triumph.

We will rise from this Treason!

Caution: The Killers feat. Lindsey Buckingham
https://youtu.be/uU6PLP0PX2g
so perfectly said!

and how amazing is that?? The Killers!?!?! i love Lindsey and i love The Killers. and i have tickets to see both tours this late spring / summer, with high probability that i won't see either the way it's going. but this collaboration made my day and my week!!!!! so happy about it! right band for LB to collaborate with!!

as far as the song, this sounds like the Killers getting back to their roots - which i mostly adored, while was not that much into their hugely successful most recent album - but this to me is not nearly as great than their older hits. still Brandon Flowers' voice is as fantastic as ever, and yes - you can hear Lindsey's touches all over that song, and a pretty classic Lindsey guitar outro at the end.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-12-2020, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-12-2020, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Killers – “Caution” (Feat. Lindsey Buckingham)

Chris DeVille @chrisdeville | March 12, 2020 - 12:01 pm

Imploding The Mirage

The Killers announced their Wonderful Wonderful follow-up Imploding The Mirage way back in November, but we haven’t heard any music from it until now. Today the band visited Zane Lowe’s Beats 1 broadcast to debut “Caution,” the album’s lead single, which features guitar from none other than Lindsey Buckingham. They’ve also revealed the release date (5/29) and the cover art — although fan site The Killers News already dug that up yesterday, noting that it’s a 1996 painting called “Dance Of The Wind And Storm” by Thomas Blackshear. Another Blackshear painting called “Golden Breeze” serves as the single art for “Caution.”

After launching Wonderful Wonderful with the funky, tongue-in-cheek “The Man,” the Killers are returning to their earnest, bombastic classic-rock impulses on “Caution.” It’s unmistakably a Killers song, but I’m also reminded of Dire Straits and maybe even Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. As Brandon Flowers tells Lowe, “We experimented a little bit on the last album. We’re proud of ‘The Man’ and all that it did, but the heart wasn’t quite there. I was being a little ironic with ‘The Man’ and I think we’re at our best when we’re bearing our hearts, and we’re kind of doing that on ‘Caution’.”

Given the push back toward classic rock, it’s no surprise that for production the Killers turned to Grammy winner Shawn Everett (The War On Drugs, Alabama Shakes, Kacey Musgraves) and Foxygen’s Jonathan Rado (Father John Misty, Alex Cameron, Whitney). It’s even less surprising that they recruited the services of an actual classic rock icon in Buckingham, whose lengthy guitar solo closes out “Caution.” Other guests on the new LP include k.d. lang, Weyes Blood’s Natalie Mering, Lucius, Blake Mills, and keyboard work from the War On Drugs’ Adam Granduciel. Alleged influences for Imploding The Mirage include Kate Bush and Peter Gabriel alongside old mainstays like Bruce Springsteen and New Order.

Flowers, who recently moved his family to the mountains of Utah, says “Caution” relates to [extremely Sheryl Crow voice] leaving Las Vegas:

It’s sort of about having the wherewithal to listen to that angel on your shoulder, even if they’re telling you something that you don’t want to hear. And I think for me with this song was a lot about leaving Las Vegas. I was having this sort of hunch or impression that that was something that I was supposed to do for my family. And it was hard for me because I’m an ambassador for — and so it was tough for me to leave, and I thought I was able to harness that energy and there was a sort of a relief when it happened, and you kind of feel that the spirit in “Caution.”

https://www.stereogum.com/2076605/th...kingham/music/

Old 03-12-2020, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Brandon Flowers From The Killers Fans Out Over Working With Lindsey Buckingham

Listen

Article heading image for Brandon Flowers From The Killers Fans Out Over Working With Lindsey Buckingham
Image: The Killers, supplied

Joining Triple M to announce their new album, single and tour The Killers singer frontman Brandon Flowers told us what to expect from their coming Imploding The Mirage Australian tour.

Talking about The Killers brand new single, Caution, Brandon Flowers casually dropped that ex-Fleetwood Mac guitarist, vocalist and songwriter Lindsey Buckingham appears on the new track, bringing his iconic guitar sound and "romance" to the new tune and "cutting loose".

The first album not recorded in their home state of Nevada, The Killers new album Imploding The Mirage has a Californian sound, with influence from the band's back catalogue.

Catch up on the full interview:

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/bra...kingham-157947

Triple M and Frontier Touring is thrilled to bring The Killers back to Australia.
Tour and ticket info available here

Imploding The Mirage is available for pre-order now, more info: www.thekillersmusic.com

Old 03-12-2020, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.nme.com/reviews/track/th...orizon-2624358

FEATURES
The Killers – ‘Caution’ first listen: a propulsive charge for the synth-rock horizon
The Killers' 2020 comeback comes complete with a stupendous guitar solo from Lindsey Buckingham – formerly of Fleetwood Mac

Mark Beaumont

As the nation awaits news of whether the government plans to step up the country’s sluggish coronavirus response to include a month of solid duvet days, one act that’s wasting no time in stepping up is The Killers.

Ever since the likes of ‘When You Were Young’ and ‘Spaceman’ fixed a warp drive to their edgy brand of canyon bombast they’ve had one of rock’s most powerful engines thrumming under the hood. The first single from The Killers’ forthcoming sixth album really pushes pedal to metal to see what this baby can do.

On ‘Caution’, the disco strut of ‘The Man’ and the inventive sensitivities of 2017’s ‘Wonderful Wonderful’ are set aside for a propulsive charge for the synth rock horizon, with Brandon Flowers once more out to make heroes of the downbeaten. “Let me introduce you to the featherweight queen,” he sings. “She got Hollywood eyes but she can’t shoot what she sees/Her mama was a dancer and that’s all that she knew/‘Cause when you live in the desert it’s what pretty girls do.”

Our heroine isn’t taking everything lying down though. “I’m throwing caution,” Brandon declares on her behalf as a dustbowl tornado of euphoric synths, monstrous drums and electronic bagpipes hits the chorus. “Tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free/If I don’t get out, out of this town I might just be the one to burn it down.”

Read more: The Killers announce details of new album ‘Imploding The Mirage’ and biggest global tour to date

The Killers claim they’ve been probing previously uncharted areas of their childhood record collections for the new album, places where Kate Bush and Peter Gabriel spin slowly under blood red suns, but ‘Caution’ sounds more like an explosion of jubilance and relief that ‘Wonderful Wonderful’ is finally out of their system.

The Killers, 2020. Credit: Olivia Bee

Rather than conquer new territories it builds 50 storeys of sound on its homeland. They’ve been mining retro synthrock for almost 20 years and here is where the 1980s revival comes of age, finally encompassing everything the 21st Century can throw at it.

It all culminates in a stupendous guitar solo which – considering Dave Kuening remains absent from press photos – is probably the most exciting thing that special guest guitarist Lindsey Buckingham – formerly of Fleetwood Mac – has done since he broke the chain. Whatever The Killers are on, they should put it in the water.

Old 03-13-2020, 03:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyone know for sure either way whether Lindsey's contribution was recorded before or after the heart attack?

Last edited by cbBen; 03-13-2020 at 09:32 AM..
Old 03-13-2020, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.spin.com/2020/03/the-kil...nce-new-album/

The Killers Release ‘Caution,’ Announce New Album
"Caution" is off their upcoming LP, 'Imploding The Mirage,' which is out in May

Emily Tan // March 12, 2020

The Killers
CREDIT: Theo Wargo/Getty Images
Earlier in the week, The Killers teased a song titled “Caution,” and now it’s finally out.

Brandon Flowers opened up about how the song was inspired by leaving his hometown, Las Vegas to Zane Lowe on Apple Music.

“It’s sort of about having the wherewithal to listen to that angel on your shoulder, even if they’re telling you something that you don’t want to hear,” Flowers said in the interview. “And I think for me with this song was a lot about leaving Las Vegas. I was having this sort of hunch or impression that that was something that I was supposed to do for my family. … And so it was tough for me to leave, and I thought I was able to harness that energy and there was a sort of a relief when it happened, and you kind of feel that the spirit in Caution, I feel like.”

The Killers also had the chance to work with Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham on “Caution,” which drummer Ronnie Vannucci said was an experience to witness.

“He did all the sort of famed tricks where we were recording to tape, so we slowed the tape at half speed or quarter speed, and then he did guitar playing,” Vannucci said. “And so that’s how you get those sort of crystal-ly high tinkle sounds. And then he just slayed a solo at the very end of it. And at that time, the song, we didn’t really have an ending for it, so it just kind of went on. But his solo was just too good. So we just made the ending as long as his solo. So that’s why it’s so long.”

The band also announced the release of a new album, Imploding The Mirage, their first new music since 2017. The new album brings a number of collaborators including Buckingham, k.d. lang, Natalie Mering from Weyes Blood, Adam Granduciel from War on Drugs and Lucius.

Imploding The Mirage will release on May 29.

Check out the tour dates below:

5/26/20 DONCASTER, UK @ KEEPMOAT STADIUM **
5/28/20 FALKIRK, SCOTLAND, UK @ THE FALKIRK STADIUM ** SOLD OUT
5/30/20 MANCHESTER, UK @ EMIRATES OLD TRAFFORD, UK ** SOLD OUT
6/1/20 NORWICH, UK @ CARROW ROAD STADIUM, UK ** SOLD OUT
6/3/20 SOUTHAMPTON, UK @ ST MARY’S STADIUM, UK ** SOLD OUT
6/5/20 LONDON, UK @ EMIRATES STADIUM, UK ^^
6/6/20 LONDON, UK @ EMIRATES STADIUM, UK ^^ SOLD OUT
6/9/20 BRISTOL, UK @ ASHTON GATE STADIUM ## SOLD OUT
6/11/20 COVENTRY, UK @ RICOH STADIUM ## SOLD OUT
6/13/20 MIDDLESBROUGH, UK @ RIVERSIDE STADIUM ## SOLD OUT
6/16/20 DUBLIN, IRELAND @ MALAHIDE CASTLE ^^ SOLD OUT
6/17/20 DUBLIN, IRELAND @ MALAHIDE CASTLE ^^ SOLD OUT
6/19/20 SCHEESSEL, GERMANY @ HURRICANE FESTIVAL
6/20/20 NEUHAUSEN, GERMANY @ SOUTHSIDE FESTIVAL
6/21/20 WERCHTER, BELGIUM @ TW CLASSIC
6/23/20 ZAGREB, CROATIA @ INMUSIC FESTIVAL
6/27/20 STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN @ LOLLAPALOOZA (STOCKHOLM)
7/6/20 AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS @ ZIGGO DOME &&
7/7/20 BOULOGNE-BILLANCOURT, FRANCE @ LA SEINE MUSICALE &&
7/9/20 MADRID, SPAIN @ MAD COOL FESTIVAL
7/10/20 BILBAO, SPAIN @ BILBAO BBK LIVE FESTIVAL
7/12/20 MILAN, ITALY @ MILANO SUMMER FESTIVAL
7/14/20 VIENNA, AUSTRIA @ STADTHALLE
7/16/20 OSTRAVA, CZECH REPUBLIC @ COLOURS OF OSTRAVA FESTIVAL
7/18/20 MOSCOW, RUSSIA @ PARK LIVE FESTIVAL
8/18/20 DENVER, CO @ PEPSI CENTER ++
8/19/20 SALT LAKE CITY, UT @ VIVINT SMART HOME ARENA ++
8/21/20 VANCOUVER, BC @ ROGERS ARENA ++
8/22/20 GEORGE, WA @ GORGE AMPHITHEATRE ++
8/23/20 PORTLAND, OR @ MODA CENTER ++
8/25/20 SAN FRANCISCO, CA @ CHASE CENTER ++
8/26/20 SAN DIEGO, CA @ PECHANGA ARENA ++
8/28/20 LAS VEGAS, NV @ MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA ++
8/29/20 LOS ANGELES, CA @ BANC OF CALIFORNIA STADIUM ++
8/30/20 PHOENIX, AZ @ GILA RIVER ARENA ++
9/10/20 HOUSTON, TX @ TOYOTA CENTER ++
9/11/20 FORT WORTH, TX @ DICKIES ARENA ++
9/12/20 AUSTIN, TX @ FRANK ERWIN CENTER ++
9/15/20 MIAMI, FL @ AMERICANAIRLINES ARENA ++
9/16/20 ORLANDO, FL @ AMWAY CENTER ++
9/18/20 ATLANTA, GA @ STATE FARM ARENA ++
9/19/20 NASHVILLE, TN @ BRIDGESTONE ARENA ++
9/20/20 ST. LOUIS, MO @ CHAIFETZ ARENA ++
9/22/20 ST. PAUL, MN @ XCEL ENERGY CENTER ++
9/23/20 CHICAGO, IL @ UNITED CENTER ++
9/25/20 TORONTO, ON @ SCOTIABANK ARENA ++
9/26/20 MONTREAL, QC @ BELL CENTRE ++
9/27/20 VERONA, NY @ TURNING STONE EVENT CENTER ++
9/29/20 PHILADELPHIA, PA @ WELLS FARGO CENTER ++
10/1/20 NEW YORK, NY @ MADISON SQUARE GARDEN ++
10/2/20 NEW YORK, NY @ MADISON SQUARE GARDEN ++
10/3/20 WASHINGTON, DC @ CAPITAL ONE ARENA ++
10/5/20 BOSTON, MA @ TD GARDEN ++
10/6/20 UNIVERSITY PARK, PA @ BRYCE JORDAN CENTER ++
10/8/20 PITTSBURGH, PA @ PETERSEN EVENTS CENTER ++
10/9/20 CLEVELAND, OH @ ROCKET MORTGAGE FIELDHOUSE ++
10/10/20 DETROIT, MI @ LITTLE CAESARS ARENA ++
11/11/20 BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA @ BRISBANE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE
11/14/20 SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA @ QUDOS BANK ARENA
11/18/20 PERTH, AUSTRALIA @ RAC ARENA
11/21/20 MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA @ AAMI PARK
11/29/20 MEXICO CITY, MEXICO @ FORO SOL
12/1/20 MONTERREY, MEXICO @ ARENA MONTERREY
12/2/20 MONTERREY, MEXICO @ ARENA MONTERREY
12/4/20 ZAPOPAN, MEXICO @ ESTADIO 3 DE MARZO

Support information: Blossoms (dates marked **), Sam Fender (dates marked ^^) and Manic Street Preachers (dates marked ##) in the UK; Johnny Marr (dates marked ++) in the U.S. and Canada; Orville Peck supports on select dates in Europe (marked with &&).

Old 03-13-2020, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That is a great photo.

Lindsey should use it as an album cover

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-13-2020, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WOW WOW WOW
A great track..and that's such a nice pic too. He looks good.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-13-2020, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
WOW WOW WOW
A great track..and that's such a nice pic too. He looks good.
Fantastic pic of him.