User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-24-2023, 02:39 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Looking for a Turner model 1

Hi everyone!

New to the forum - can't believe I didn't know it existed as I'm always on the internet reading FM stuff.

Anyway, I'm also a guitar player and looking for a Turner Model 1 - preferably a vintage (1979-1980's-ish) model but would be interested in seeing anything anyone might have. I have already seen everything on eBay and Reverb.

Feel free to reply or send me a PM - and I'm looking forward to chatting with more of you online!

Wasatch
Old 02-24-2023, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One of the mods here used to have one, but I believe he sold his, and the other guy, Chili D, he passed away some time back. I'm not aware of anyone else here owning one.

I've wanted one my whole life, but 4K seems to be the lowest prices you see these days, and I'm more of a $1500 guitar playing guy.
Old 02-24-2023, 05:17 PM
Junior Ledgie

Cool, thanks. I figured it was worth a shot. Yeah, they are spendy. I've owned a few. Really hoping to find an older one, but thought I'd see what's on here, if anything.
Old 02-24-2023, 05:20 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
Hi everyone!

New to the forum - can't believe I didn't know it existed as I'm always on the internet reading FM stuff.
Wasatch
Hey friend, and welcome! I've owned 3 different Model 1's over the years, but sadly parted with my last one in 2018. Anyway, there's a Facebook group for Model 1 owners that might be able to help:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1452596748304407
Old 02-24-2023, 06:33 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thanks! Yeah, I'm actually a member there too I think I saw one of your previous posts about one of your guitars. Looked nice. Curious... what made you sell them?
Old 03-01-2023, 07:51 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
Thanks! Yeah, I'm actually a member there too I think I saw one of your previous posts about one of your guitars. Looked nice. Curious... what made you sell them?
Sorry for the late reply, I've been AWOL a bit. I really like the Turner guitars. I really do. I struggled with my first one because the neck was very chunky, and I had custom designed certain elements of the guitar prior to it being built. Once it arrived (I think this was 2007) it wasn't quite what I had asked for. In the end Turner's shop and I agreed that I had to send it back to have the neck replaced because they did not put on the Turner decal logo on the headstock, and several other things weren't quite up to spec once Rick had seen the photos. I don't think they were big on QC. I then sold that guitar more or less because of the poor experience I had with Barry (Rick Turner's then assistant). Anyway, water under the bridge.

The second one I had was purchased from Ed Roman guitars in 2009, and that one had a slightly tapered neck which was different from the standard D (or C?) style neck on the Buckingham Model 1. I think I sold that because I just really wasn't playing it. But, I still liked the guitar, and so got my third one from Heartbreaker guitars, which was perfect. It had a great 60's Les Paul style slim-taper neck, and aesthetically what I was looking for. It was the warm brown colour, and only had the tone and volume controls (ie. the John Mayer model). I later sold that for multiple personal reasons, but mainly because I was about to get divorced and I knew I'd lose it anyway.

And now that we're talking about them... man I'm getting the urge to buy another one! No but seriously, I really don't play anymore and I never was a really great player to begin with, so I know if I had one it would just end up collecting dust.

Last edited by mylittledemon; 03-07-2023 at 08:52 PM..