Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-24-2023, 05:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Crying In The Night / Lindsey lead

Beautiful! https://twitter.com/hourlylindseyb/s...23894543642624
Old 02-25-2023, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow! We really need a Buckingham Nicks box set release. I’m sure there are more gems like this collecting dust.
Old 02-25-2023, 11:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Wow! We really need a Buckingham Nicks box set release. I’m sure there are more gems like this collecting dust.
The 50th anniversary of Buckingham Nicks is coming up in September...
Old 02-25-2023, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I doubt if it will ever see the light of day, especially given how much she hates him now.
Old 02-25-2023, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I doubt if it will ever see the light of day, especially given how much she hates him now.
I don't feel she ever loved him. He was useful for her for years, thus she stayed with him.
But then after he was fired, she's mentioned him in every public appearance since. It's odd.

Long Distance Winner is the best song on the album.
Old 02-25-2023, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I don't feel she ever loved him. He was useful for her for years, thus she stayed with him.
But then after he was fired, she's mentioned him in every public appearance since. It's odd.
It could certainly be argued that she slept her way to the top, that's for sure.

I'd love to see her odometer.
Old 02-25-2023, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
If she is all about the $$ then maybe she will see the light.The 50th anniversary is another good reason. I know it’s not like it would sell like it could’ve 10 years ago.Release it before one of the two passes away so they can get the recognition that they should have gotten back in 1973 and be a live to celebrate it.
Old 02-25-2023, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if it took them a while to figure out what exactly Buckingham Nicks was going to be? When Keith was scouting Fritz, Lindsey was the bass player and Stevie and Lindsey were singing Javier’s songs and covers. It was a pretty far cry from Buckingham Nicks. The only thing that caught Keith’s attention was their harmonies, enough so he encouraged them to ditch the band and move to Los Angeles. And then Lindsey got mono.

Stevie has said that she considered her role as being more supportive of Lindsey, since he was obviously the talent. Maybe the initial plan was for Stevie to simply be Lindsey’s vocal accompaniment and the primary songwriter?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-25-2023, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I wonder if it took them a while to figure out what exactly Buckingham Nicks was going to be? When Keith was scouting Fritz, Lindsey was the bass player and Stevie and Lindsey were singing Javier’s songs and covers. It was a pretty far cry from Buckingham Nicks. The only thing that caught Keith’s attention was their harmonies, enough so he encouraged them to ditch the band and move to Los Angeles. And then Lindsey got mono.

Stevie has said that she considered her role as being more supportive of Lindsey, since he was obviously the talent. Maybe the initial plan was for Stevie to simply be Lindsey’s vocal accompaniment and the primary songwriter?
That’s a great point. Her harmony on this demo is what got me hooked on them back in 1976. Anything that can be released from this era would be so awesome. Stevie’s voice was at her prime.