User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-11-2023, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I wonder how much input she actually had on Bella Donna, other than her lyrics. Not much, I'd guess. That album MADE HER, and I'll bet 90+% of the credit goes to Jimmy and the band she had. And you're right, she'd never allow that now. She bitches and bitches about "no one buys records now". Mama, that's because your records SUCK now. Get over your diva self, and your 6 minute songs. Let someone guide you into a hit album.
Meh, it's too late now, anyway.

And stop talking about that stupid Rhiannon movie you've been talking about for 45 f*cking years! She's such an idiot...
Jimmy had Benmont go thru her demos and work them out and rehearse them with her for MONTHS. She and the girls worked out vocal parts/harmonies themselves and with him for MONTHS prepping for that record. When she talks in interviews at the time about how "easy" it was recording BD compared to with FM, she is conveniently only talking about the actual RECORDING part, not the months and months of prep. Doesn't she say onstage at one of her few BD concerts after they sing BD "the girls and I practiced for two years to get that right"..... She got SLOPPY and lazy and too focused on partying after that. She was I believe genuinely scared sh&tless about her first solo album not doing well and having to face the gloating of some people (let's fact it, LB would be one of them) so she had a lot at stake and really buckled down and put the effort in.

One of her greatest skills is the ability to charm people, and make them feel important to her and want to help her. Lindsey talked about how that comes from her childhood- having to change schools nearly every year and having to fit in and make friends fast. Lots of people who grew up as military brats and such report having to learn the same skill-- always moving, so always having to fit in with a new group and make new friends quickly. Well, she became a master at it, and it made it work to her advantage. And frankly, she DID mostly charm men and get them to help her.... she formed Modern Records with Danny Goldberg and with Paul Fishkin, who she dated for a time and who was madly in love with her and would have married her in a heartbeat, she had Jimmy who was madly in love with her (and whom she moved in with like a week or something after meeting), Herbie was clearly enamored of her and took amazing pics of her and really taught her a lot about how to be photographed to her best advantage, and on and on. I wasn't surprised in the least when she took up with Mick after joining FM....at that time, he had the most power in the band. She knows how to identify the most useful people and to make them her allies. A huge part of her success. (In Tom's biography it talks about how she wanted to get to Tom and she decided that getting to him thru his wife would be the best route, and so befriended her by indulging her (the wife's) coke addiction. Ruthless.)

As talented as he is, Lindsey is more introverted and can be quite prickly and that doesn't win you friends in high places so much.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 02-11-2023 at 04:09 PM..
Old 02-11-2023, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
She should have made a record with the Foo Fighters as her band ten years ago. That would have been a headline.
Oh that probably would have been a great record too. That song from the Sound City documentary was one of the best tracks of her solo career since the mid-80s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And stop talking about that stupid Rhiannon movie you've been talking about for 45 f*cking years!
What frustrates me is that she’s had connections who could actually make a Rhiannon movie happen for nearly 10 years now, and it still isn’t happening. She could probably get Ryan Murphy to make it - all the AHS stans and witchtokers would go wild over it.
Old 02-11-2023, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
One of her greatest skills is the ability to charm people, and make them feel important to her and want to help her.
This is why I think she's like Trump before the presidency in this way, charming presidents, cabinet heads, governors, and senators, scratching each other's backs.
Old 07-07-2023, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
And with that too, it's the deep voice, beauty, flowing sleeves, suede boots, chiffon, shawls, and spinning.
Basically, her brand is the first paragraph of every magazine article about her since 1981. Pick an article at random, read the first paragraph, and there’s the brand.

I just found this in the New Yorker, Feb. 15, 2022.

Quote:
On TikTok, her songs provide a soundtrack to viral videos and fans pay tribute to her witchy aesthetic. Artists such as Harry Styles, Miley Cyrus, and Lana Del Rey have asked her to lend her voice to their songs, and she’s become “fairy godmother” to a wide circle of younger artists. For listeners, too, she has always acted as a kind of spiritual guide. In her music, loss is simultaneously earth-shattering and ordinary. Heartbreak is survivable, and possibly a key to self-knowledge. Many of her songs take place at night, in dreams or visions, “somewhere out in the back of your mind.” Her narrator frequently asks questions of herself and of some higher power, as if in constant conversation with her own intuition.
That’s her brand!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-12-2023, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Shadow of the west

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
As talented as he is, Lindsey is more introverted and can be quite prickly and that doesn't win you friends in high places so much.
Old 07-12-2023, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To be fair, “prickly” is what his wife said.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-12-2023, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Today, Mick wrote a letter to Christine for her birthday and signed it "Mick Fleetwood and Fleetwood Mac"

Fleetwood Mac is John, Stevie, Mike, and Neil?
Old 07-12-2023, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Today, Mick wrote a letter to Christine for her birthday and signed it "Mick Fleetwood and Fleetwood Mac"

Fleetwood Mac is whomever Mick happens to sit next to at a music awards dinner.
Old 07-12-2023, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Probably his way of saying from himself as a personal friend and from him, John, Stevie, and whoever else from the band and periphery as an entity. Not really something to be read into.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-13-2023, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Probably his way of saying from himself as a personal friend and from him, John, Stevie, and whoever else from the band and periphery as an entity. Not really something to be read into.
So it could mean Rick, Billy, Lindsey, Bekka, and Dave too, right? And then Neale Heywood, Sharon, Taku, Ricky
Old 07-13-2023, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So it could mean Rick, Billy, Lindsey, Bekka, and Dave too, right? And then Neale Heywood, Sharon, Taku, Ricky
Just a generic use of the name in a tribute to a bandmate on her first birthday since she’s been gone. It wasn’t about anyone, specifically.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-13-2023, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just a generic use of the name in a tribute to a bandmate on her first birthday since she’s been gone. It wasn’t about anyone, specifically.
I’m going to respectfully disagree and share that I feel Mick believes Fleetwood Mac is still a band that is together. Even though he said he “think we’re done” at the Grammys, he mentioned Stevie, Neil, Mike, and Lindsey being on tour. Also, at Christine’s memorial service he mentioned a coming together of the members of Fleetwood Mac. I think there’s another chance for Fleetwood Mac. He went out of his way to say we survived loss in the past at the Grammys too.
Old 07-13-2023, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m going to respectfully disagree and share that I feel Mick believes Fleetwood Mac is still a band that is together. Even though he said he “think we’re done” at the Grammys, he mentioned Stevie, Neil, Mike, and Lindsey being on tour. Also, at Christine’s memorial service he mentioned a coming together of the members of Fleetwood Mac. I think there’s another chance for Fleetwood Mac. He went out of his way to say we survived loss in the past at the Grammys too.
I think John McVie selling off all of his equipment is a sufficient sign that he's burned his bridges, to borrow a phrase. Sure, he could get new equipment, but I don't see him even entertaining the idea without Christine this time around. He's too old and has/has had health issues.

With the co-headlining tours, Stevie doesn't need any other way of touring on a consistent basis. She doesn't need to run back to Fleetwood Mac after she's oversaturated her solo touring. She can simply go out with another artist on shorter tours/limited engagement outings.

And, I still don't think we'll ever see Stevie and Lindsey on the stage. As for Neil and Mike, I think they're content doing their projects, though would probably agree to do something with Fleetwood Mac if asked, if it ever comes up.

Fleetwood Mac is over...until it's not. As to who that would be, that's not something likely to be determined until it gets to "until it's not," if that ever happens (unlikely).

However, when Mick says "Fleetwood Mac" in this instance, he's talking about the musicians in general and the machinery behind them (managers, lawyers, engineers, crew, assistants, techs, etc.), not anyone specifically.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 07-14-2023, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Fleetwood Mac is whomever Mick happens to sit next to at a music awards dinner.
Hahahahaha

Quote:
Probably his way of saying him, John, Stevie, and whoever else from the band and periphery as an entity.
Quote:
Quote:
It wasn’t about anyone, specifically.
Quote:
I’m going to respectfully disagree and share that I feel Mick believes Fleetwood Mac is still a band that is together. Even though he said he “think we’re done” at the Grammys, he mentioned Stevie, Neil, Mike, and Lindsey being on tour.
Quote:
Fleetwood Mac is over...until it's not. As to who that would be, that's not something likely to be determined until it gets to "until it's not," if that ever happens (unlikely).
However, when Mick says "Fleetwood Mac" in this instance, he's talking about the musicians in general and the machinery behind them (managers, lawyers, engineers, crew, assistants, techs, etc.), not anyone specifically.
I saw this article elsewhere(from his own page) and along with Mick's tribute to Christine he posted a pic of the Rumours lineup as Fleetwood Mac.
Old 07-15-2023, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I saw this article elsewhere(from his own page) and along with Mick's tribute to Christine he posted a pic of the Rumours lineup as Fleetwood Mac.
He just had pictures of him and Christine (and that doll) on his FB page.

Regardless, whoever potentially is in Fleetwood Mac going forward, it’s not going to be the Rumours lineup ever again.

THE Stephen Hopkins