Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-06-2022, 04:54 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Huntington, NY show cancelled -11/7

Just got an e-mail from the venue that the 11/7 show on Long Island is postponed due to “Illness”. Ugh…
Old 11-06-2022, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope he's okay! I was excited for Huntington tomorrow. The Paramount is an awesome theatre and perfect venue for LB

Last edited by Storms123; 11-06-2022 at 06:40 PM..
Old 11-06-2022, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He cancelled the rest of the tour.

THE PARAMOUNT
·
For Immediate Release:
Lindsay Buckingham originally scheduled for November 7, 2022, is Canceled
Huntington, Long Island, N.Y. (Sunday, November 6, 2022 @ 4 pm) – Lindsay Buckingham, Live in Concert at The Paramount, originally scheduled for November 7, 2022, is Canceled. In a statement from the band “Unfortunately Lindsey Buckingham’s remaining North American shows are cancelled due to illness within the Tour. Refunds will be made available at point of purchase. Lindsey will make best efforts to come back and play in the near future!” Any additional questions or concerns, please call the venue at (631) 673-7300 or visit paramountny.com.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 11-06-2022, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if people will buy tickets to his future shows after he canceled so many concerts.
Old 11-07-2022, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I wonder if people will buy tickets to his future shows after he canceled so many concerts.
I would think a Stevie audience would have a fairly large percentage of casual fans. I'll bet Lindsey's percentage of casual is much smaller.
Old 11-07-2022, 05:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post

THE PARAMOUNT
·
For Immediate Release:
Huntington, Long Island, N.Y. (Sunday, November 6, 2022 @ 4 pm) – Lindsay Buckingham, Live in Concert at The Paramount, originally scheduled for November 7, 2022, is Canceled. In a statement from the band “Unfortunately Lindsey Buckingham’s remaining North American shows are cancelled due to illness within the Tour. Refunds will be made available at point of purchase. Lindsey will make best efforts to come back and play in the near future!” Any additional questions or concerns, please call the venue at (631) 673-7300 or visit paramountny.com.
Yet this message is not on The Paramount site.

Lindsey was seen out to dinner in Philadelphia on Thursday with Neale Heywood and Michael Urbano.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Yet this message is not on The Paramount site.

Lindsey was seen out to dinner in Philadelphia on Thursday with Neale Heywood and Michael Urbano.
I have no further details about the cancellation. I just saw this in a Facebook group (Real Savage Like which was founded by Elle I believe) and wanted to let you guys know what's going on.

Good to know Lindsey was out & about

You got a sweet heart
Old 11-08-2022, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have no further details about the cancellation. I just saw this in a Facebook group (Real Savage Like which was founded by Elle I believe) and wanted to let you guys know what's going on.

Good to know Lindsey was out & about
I just want to know that he's healthy(nothing life threatening).
Old 11-08-2022, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
If he was seen in public having dinner with friends, it would seem he’s healthy and just fine. Apparently someone else in his band is sick.
Old 11-08-2022, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Me too. But since he was having dinner with friends I assume he's okay.

You got a sweet heart
Old 11-08-2022, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a sneaking suspicion “illness within the band” is code for low ticket sales.

Obviously, Lindsey, Neale, and Michael Urbano are healthy enough to be going out to dinner and they were able to play a show the day Brett left for the hospital and finished a run of shows without him because there are full backing tracks available. Lindsey could easily still have done the whole one man show thing if he wanted.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-08-2022, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion “illness within the band” is code for low ticket sales.

Obviously, Lindsey, Neale, and Michael Urbano are healthy enough to be going out to dinner and they were able to play a show the day Brett left for the hospital and finished a run of shows without him because there are full backing tracks available. Lindsey could easily still have done the whole one man show thing if he wanted.
Unless Michael Kianka is ill. I don't know if anyone else on the tour knows how to play the tracks. Lindsey can't perform electric without a backing tape.
Old 11-08-2022, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

THE PARAMOUNT
·
For Immediate Release:
it's been a very frustrating and worrisome time as a fan, considering Lindsey's PR is practically non existent. we've been waiting for complete tour cancellations starting in Europe and then going into the last US leg. as far as know we still didn't get an official message that the tour is cancelled, but venues received the message cited above so each venue shared it, and all remaining dates have been [finally!] cancelled.

that said, it must have been really frustrating for Lindsey and his promoters to cancel all these largely sold out dates, both in Europe and in the US. more than half of European dates were sold out, and of upcoming dates i know that Annapolis and Roanoke were completely sold out, and Huntington was low on tickets. Green Bay which was first one of the US leg that was canceled was sold out.

the best info we have seems to point that Lindsey must have gotten COVID again right as he was travelling to Europe. could it be that Radio City Music Hall Phoenix show where everyone kept reporting how nice and friendly he was to every fan who approached him, and how so many people were approaching him? seems very plausible. (someone said that Radio City is obviously a jinx for linds!).

anyway apparently he got COVID again at some point in sept and that's why European dates were initially cancelled. then he must have been recuperating and while he did Berlin and London, fans there were reporting he seems to be short of breath and has some difficulties. so the rest of European dates were cancelled.

and then US tour was completely idiotically starting only 2 weeks after European dates (whoever was booking these dates did not learn anything from spring COVID cancellations apparently ). and fans were reporting the first few dates of the US leg that LB doesn't seem to be himself, breathing hard, running out of breath, Tusk video i saw was like a slow motion version of Lindsey (maybe not quite as bad as nowadays painfully slow versions of old SN twirls but getting there!). fans discussing and holding our breath to hear what will happen next and whether tour will be cancelled outright, or just every other date will be cancelled considering it seemed obvious LB could not physically do 2 dates in a row without further damaging his health. (so much so that stories of Petty killing himself performing started popping up.)

so now finally the rest of the leg is cancelled and everyone is breathing sigh of relief - fans can finally make some plans, cancel hotels and flights etc. there were people flying internationally to these US dates, and there were people traveling all over Europe for the European leg. piecemeal cancellations were really hard on everyone.

hope now both LB and everyone else on his tour will take enough time to heal and recuperate - before attempting another 5 dates a week tour like this! and hope that his promise of finishing his new album next (he mentioned that a few time from the stage apparently! ) and then touring it will materialize some time next year!

that said, PR-wise Europe and this US leg could not have been handled worse.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-08-2022, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I only want him to be healthy and happy.
Old 11-09-2022, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Weird. Ticketmaster page for nov 16 (NC) says show is cancelled, but other shows, like Nov 15 (VA), Nov 19(GA) or even nov 10 (CT) sales are still open. That doesn't sounds like illness to me.