The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-15-2003, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "Peacekeeper" vs "Thrown Down": Which is the hit?!

So what will be the first single:

Thrown Down

Peacekeeper

Neither One

Thoughts?

And what will the first video look like?
Old 01-15-2003, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, apparently Warner Bros. is hedging their bets, and hoping BOTH will be hits.
Current info indicates that "Thrown Down" will be released to pop/Top 40/AC radio stations, and "Peacekeeper" will be released to rock stations.

They did the same thing with Stevie's 'Trouble In Shangri-La'... simultaneously releasing "Every Day" to the pop/Top 40/AC formats, and "Planets Of The Universe" to the rock stations.

Of the two, "Every Day" was the one chosen for the first video... but, in Fleetwood Mac's case, and given that Warners has released three Stevie promo videos in the past few years (not counting "Silver Springs" or "Landslide," since they were just lifted from 'The Dance'), they might opt to film a video for "Peacekeeper" instead.
However, I wouldn't be surprised if the pop single is the one to get a video treatment.

Johnny Stew

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 01-15-2003 at 05:39 PM..
Old 01-15-2003, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Peacekeeper" should be the first single. They sHould NOT release 2 at once because it will confuse people.
Old 01-15-2003, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The record companies don't consider it to be confusing to the audience, because they assume people who listen to one radio format, don't listen to another.
And when it comes to making a video, they choose only one of the two to focus their promotion on.

Like I said, it's usually the pop/Top 40/AC single that gets a video, since that's the audience VH1 tends to attract (and let's face it, Fleetwood Mac MAY get some airplay on MTV for this album, but nowadays their biggest audience is more inclined to watch VH1... so the promotional campaign will be geared to that demographic).

Johnny Stew
Old 01-15-2003, 06:45 PM
Ledgie

PEACEKEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!

I definitely LOVE IT now!!
Old 01-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Ledgie

Smile

Johnny Stew, where did you get this information about both singles being released simultaneously? Is there an article or something?
Old 01-15-2003, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy I say...

neither...I think the record label should release a single that has both Lindsey & Stevie singing (i.e.-"Thrown Down") but with a more upbeat rocking sound (i.e.-"Go You Own Way"), Just my opinion...Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-15-2003, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
...I think the record label should release a single that has both Lindsey & Stevie singing
Brian I don' think this is the version you are going to hear on FM's next record. I think this is just basically Lindsey before he took the song to FM.....Stevie's vocals COULD still be on the track.

Joe
Old 01-15-2003, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up I know it isnt...

the album version, I like it just as it is now...I think it could make a possible single, Just not the first single for the upcoming album...Brian J.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-15-2003, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Peacekeeper

Definitely. It rocks. Thrown Down drags a bit.

Old 01-15-2003, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know we've rehashed our analysis of Thrown Down to bits here at the Ledge, but if Thrown Down has the most potential of all the Stevie songs on a 2 disc set (so that's basically one disc of Stevie) to be a hit single...HMMMM....that seems a little disappointing. I figured they were throwing us a crumb with Thrown Down and saving the big enchilada for closer to release date.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: I say...

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
neither...I think the record label should release a single that has both Lindsey & Stevie singing (i.e.-"Thrown Down") but with a more upbeat rocking sound (i.e.-"Go You Own Way"), Just my opinion...Brian J.
Peacekeeper IS the new GYOW IMHO!
Sure there'll be a slight addition of Stevie vocals, but don'tforget TITN's first single, Big Love. Where was the ever important Stevie in that?? She's not needed like oxygen in all Lindsey's songs, just as he isn't in hers necessarily. This has certainly never been the case in the past, but I guess the whole "BN FM" thing has got people thinking everything needs to reworked to represent the same old harmonies in each song. That would get a little tired in my opinion.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Well...

"Peacekeeper IS the new GYOW IMHO!
Sure there'll be a slight addition of Stevie vocals, but don'tforget TITN's first single, Big Love. Where was the ever important Stevie in that?? She's not needed like oxygen in all Lindsey's songs, just as he isn't in hers necessarily. This has certainly never been the case in the past, but I guess the whole "BN FM" thing has got people thinking everything needs to reworked to represent the same old harmonies in each song. That would get a little tired in my opinion."

I understand your opinion & about the "BN FM", But I think to grab the attention of radio stations that wouldnt otherwise play "Peacekeeper" and/or "Thrown Down" I think they need a harder edged song...The radio stations in my area wouldnt play either if they were released as a single for exactly that reason...Brian J.

Old 01-15-2003, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm hoping neither of the two, because I want the first single to be something COMPLETELY striking, like "Red Rover" or "Come". But if it HAS to be one of the two, I'll go with "Peacekeeper" because I think it's slightly more radio friendly than "Thrown Down" and it could have a very powerful video to go with it.

Old 01-15-2003, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Johnny Stew, where did you get this information about both singles being released simultaneously? Is there an article or something?
I really should have qualified my statement with the disclaimer, "reliable sources within the fan community state that...."
I tried to save myself a few keystrokes, but I shouldn't have assumed that everyone would know this isn't confirmed information yet.

Sorry about that.

Johnny Stew