Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default STAND BACK featured in Jacon Mazer's Universe of torment comic

http://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com...nt-stand-back/
Old 10-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just found this in my Stevie news section.From www.vanityfair.com.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/osc...s-stevie-nicks

3:45 PM, October 3 2013

Game of Thrones Helped Stevie Nicks Get Through a Recent Bout of Depression

By Julie Miller

Game of Thrones has been a point of obsession and intrigue for us over its past three seasons on HBO. But if used correctly, Fleetwood Mac front woman Stevie Nicks claims, the medieval fantasy series can also have vaguely therapeutic applications—or at least it did for her.

While speaking to the Herald Scotland on the European leg of Fleetwood Mac’s current tour, Nicks segued a question about grieving her mother’s recent death to the HBO show. After she died, Nicks says, “I didn’t leave the house for almost five months.

“I worked on the edit of my documentary about the making of In Your Dreams. And then I got pneumonia. With my pneumonia and my mother’s death I watched the entire first season of Game Of Thrones—so that was great! That certainly took my mind off everything.”

Not only did the series distract the Grammy winner, but it re-ignited her creativity, inspiring her to write some G.O.T.-centric fan poems. Explains Nicks, “I’ve written a bunch of poetry about it—one for each of the characters. On Jon Snow. . . On Arya. . . On Cersei and Jaime.” She also says that she has a talent crush on the author of the Game of Thrones book series, George R. R. Martin, who is her age, and “would love to write some music” for the show.

In other interesting revelations, Nicks explains why a romance between her and Prince never took off. At the time, Nicks says, “I was totally a drug addict and Prince is the other side of drug addict—Prince is straight as an arrow.” She adds, “He would bring me cough medicine when I was sick and then I’d ask for another spoon of it, and he’d go, ‘I didn’t come here to start you on a new drug!’”

Photo by Brian Killian/Getty Images
Attached Images
File Type: jpg i.2.stevie-nicks-game-of-thrones.jpg (48.9 KB, 11 views)

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 10-03-2013 at 06:06 PM..
Old 10-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From Zap2It.

'Game of Thrones' got Stevie Nicks out of depression: She's written fan poetry

By Terri Schwartz

October 3, 2013 5:38 PM ET

Follow @Terri_Schwartz on TwitterTwitter | Google+Google

"Game of Thrones" has touched a lot of people's hearts and inspired many. But did you know that the HBO fantasy series helped Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks out of a depression after her mom died?

"I didn't go [to the studio]. I didn't want to go. But it wasn't just that -- I didn't want to go anywhere. I didn't leave the house for almost five months," Nicks admits to Herald Scotland of the affect her mother's death had one her. "I worked on the edit of my documentary about the making of 'In Your Dreams.' And then I got pneumonia. With my pneumonia and my mother's death I watched the entire first season of 'Game Of Thrones' -- so that was great! That certainly took my mind off everything."

Not only is Nicks now a fan of the show, but she's gone as far as to write fan poetry about its central characters. "I would love to write some music for 'Game Of Thrones.' I've written a bunch of poetry about it -- one for each of the characters. On Jon Snow ... On Arya ... On Cersei and Jaime."

Nicks also admits that she's a huge fan of author George R.R. Martin. Both are 65 years old, and Nicks says she's in awe of what Martin has been able to create.

"It blows my mind that he's able to create this vast, interlinked world," she says. "As a songwriter I write little movies. But I can't imagine sitting down and writing even one small book. But then probably somebody like him couldn't imagine writing 'Edge Of Seventeen' or 'Rhiannon' -- couldn't write a whole little life in two verses and a chorus."

Photo credit ,Getty Images..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stevie-nicks-game-of-thrones-george-rr-martin.jpg (40.2 KB, 10 views)

Old 10-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Saving the best for last, of course

Old 10-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Viv.

They should release the whole darn event on DVD including Stevie's complete show.
We are stuck with these crappy VHS copies.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Liz Gillies (of Broadway's 13 and Nickelodeon's Victorious) covered Landslide at her show last night.

Very true to the original, which I appreciate.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Where Stevie stays at the Hamptons]

Hollywood Reporter
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...estival-647267

Cottage 1 is your own private oasis in the Hamptons, located at the Inn at Windmill Lane (23 Windmill Lane) in Amagansett, New York. This is very likely totally different than any hotel you have visited in the Hamptons as it feels so much like a quiet, treasured home-like sanctuary away from the maddening Hamptons crowd (whose zealous fans won’t even tweet about it so as to protect their secret pleasure from the masses!). With its seven suites and three cottages (daily rates for Cottage 1 range from $1,050 winter mid-week, to $2,100 during the summer months; other rates range from $375 to $800), The Inn is tucked behind high hedges set off from the main road just far enough to be so private that it’s hardly even known by the locals (just ask Tyra Banks; Stevie Nicks; and other paparazzi-dodging celebs, as the Inn has been their choice of Hamptons lodging). You approach the Inn across its hidden pebbled parking area, then stroll down its meandering masterfully-laid cobblestone path to be warmly greeted at the lovely little gatehouse by Innkeeper Erin Harris, who acts more like a discreet charge d’affaire in a private mansion, ready to address (and deliver) your every desire to insure an enchanting stay.

The free-standing 1,666 square-foot tri-plex Cottage 1 has three lavishly appointed marble mosaic-tiled bathrooms with their solid nickel fixtures from Urban Archeology, highlighted by the master with its magnificent his-and-hers shower with rainfall heads fit for a king and queen. You can curl up in the soaring cathedral ceiling living room with the sun splashing through the towering clerestory windows, relax to music piped throughout the cottage with its Colorado vNet distributed digital sound system, and be warmed by its three crackling wood-burning fireplaces, or spend a rainy day wrestling with one of the custom hand-made Stave Puzzles, the Rolls Royce of puzzles as they are meticulously hand crafted and polished cherry-backed wooden puzzles that are totally unique to the Inn, as they mimic the artwork in each room, or retreat to its personal exercise room with a steam room and rain shower. If you feel a bit too confined in your plush Duxiana king-size bed, you can always snuggle into the cedar daybed on your private bluestone covered patio, curling up in front of its own fireplace to toast s’mores. With the Cottage’s very private grounds, you can feel free to sunbathe in whatever state of dress (or not) you please; no staffer will ever enter until they see you leave the property. This is the kind of place that is custom tailored for luxurious, languid, peaceful living, savoring the delightful sea breezes wafting in from the ocean less than a mile away.

The Inn is in the final stages of completing a brand new free-standing four-bedroom house, to be known as the 21 House, to which we were granted an exclusive private tour with Harris. With its four bedrooms, fully-equipped chef’s kitchen and all the other luxury finishes and touches of the other cottages, it will feature a glassed-in fireplace in the master bathroom king-and-queen shower enclosure itself. Think of it as a private luxury home with all the benefits of a lavish hotel.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[Where Stevie stays at the Hamptons]

Hollywood Reporter
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...estival-647267
Mama does NOT slum it.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 10-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Nicks Passes on Wisdom to @KatyPerry Over Tea in London

Katy Perry talking with SiriusXM about inspirations for her new album was asked "who's the most bizarre friend you've made friends with along the way that we wouldn't expect". And Katy speaks about having just become friends with Stevie and just had tea with her in London and tells how Stevie's very kind and a sweet woman and that she passed on little nuggets of wisdom and Katy says she "sees straight right through my soul". Katy feels honoured that Stevie would take the time for her and that she loves hearing from artists who have gone before her.

Go Stevie!

http://

You may recall a few years ago while Stevie was doing press that she (somewhat) reached out to Katy. When asked during interviews who she would like to work with, Stevie indicated Katy.

Next thing we know... Stevie's doing the voice over for the teaser trailer for one of Katy's singles "The One That Got Away". Stevie indicated around the time the song made her cry saying it reminded her of "my own life and losses, and of the last fight that Lindsey Buckingham and I had".

http://

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2013...wisdom-to.html
I so love Katy Perry, she has a beautiful voice and seems like such a sweetheart.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I posted this video last night in Nicks McNuggetts.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe Katy will come out and sing something good that I like.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I posted this video last night in Nicks McNuggetts.
Oh...Sorry I missed it. Can the moderators just movie this post over to the McNuggetts section please.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ABC News

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertai...rough-my-soul/

The love fest between Katy Perry and Stevie Nicks continues.

A month after Nicks told the world her favorite song right now is Perry’s survival anthem “Roar,” Perry gushed about her blooming friendship with the rock legend.

“She is a beautiful woman,” Perry told SiriusXM listeners today during an intimate Q&A session, as part of “SiriusXM’s Town Hall with Katy Perry.”

“She just has so many little nuggets of wisdom and sees straight through my soul,” Perry said about Nicks. “And she’s very kind, and a sweet woman. … I’m so honored that she would make time for me. But I like hearing what people who have gone before me have to say about all this stuff.”

Perry, 28, listed other female artists who came before her and helped inspire her.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I dont know this was noted on here.

From InTouch website .

http://www.intouchweekly.com/stars/n...onteiths-death

Fleetwood Mac singer-songwriter Stevie Nicks has been open about the drug demons she battled during the peak of her fame in the '70s. But even though she conquered her addiction, she still feels heartbroken for young stars she sees going through the same thing.

In an interview with a Scottish newspaper, the "Rhiannon" singer opened up about how she was devastated to hear of actor Cory Monteith's drug-related death.

The 10 Most Heartbreaking Moments on Glee's Farewell to Finn Episode, 'The Quarterback'

"With this Cory thing I've thought a lot about [drugs]," the 65-year-old singer said about the Canadian-born actor, who died from a heroin and alcohol overdose while at a Vancouver hotel.

"Mostly you realised that all that recreational/non-addictive [idea] was bull**** when it started to become more important than music. And it did. And heroin's a lot quicker road to that! It's gonna become more important than your music, or your acting, or your amazing career that you have ahead of you. You're just throwing it away. And you have somebody like Cory who had the world at his feet, and his fingertips."

Lea Michele Dedicates Her Teen Choice Award to Cory Monteith

Stevie got to know the Glee cast when the show did an episode using songs from Fleetwood Mac's classic Rumours album. Cory's on and off screen girlfriend, Lea Michele, performed the song "Go Your Own Way" while Cory accompanied her on the drums.

Last week's episode of Glee, "The Quarterback," featured characters mourning the loss of Cory's character, Finn Hudson. Several of the show's stars, including Jane Lynch and Matthew Morrison, taped addiction-related PSAs that aired during the commercial breaks.