User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
That was an interesting story. Thanks for sharing it.

I understand what you mean about not being afraid of dying, but of the way. I used to be too, but lately, I've found myself thinking about it a lot. There are so many "tragic" ways to die.. but the end result is all the same, you know? I guess the biggest difference is in closed or open casket.

Obviously I wouldn't choose a horrific death.. but I'm put off by the thought of dying peacefully in my sleep. That's boring. An exciting life shouldn't end with a boring death. Personally, I hope I'm devoured by lions or something. Well, maybe not. Hell, I'll probably end up off-ing myself once I get old and sickly anyway.
Well, it is an easy way to go. I haven't thought about the way I want to die. If it's the way like with the pneumonia I'm not scared at all.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced

Last edited by The Catdancer; 02-28-2007 at 03:01 PM..
Old 02-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink If you read my wish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I hope I'll go out with a BANG
above, my life will go out with a banging

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
No, you didn't imagine it.

Yes, I was (while coming out of anesthesia after an emergency operation...actually, more than once, they brought me back, then my heart stopped again, they brought me back a second time, then a third time. I was a goner until they finally brought me back that third time.) And, I heard all the conversations in the room while I supposedly "gone" for those periods of time. So, if you're around someone who just died, be careful what you say. They might actually come back! HA!

And, the weird thing, the night before I went in for the operation, I felt myself "trying to leave my body" while lying in bed; felt like I was being pulled up toward the ceiling...but, I panicked and sort of flung myself out of bed, gasping for air...and I felt a kind of "snap!" of my soul recoiling back into my body. That was the event that pushed me to going to the ER the next day.

To be honest, I haven't exactly been "the same" since that experience.
I know what you mean, same here.

You got a sweet heart
Old 02-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss View Post
What if she reincarnates before you get there?
That would suck.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
above, my life will go out with a banging
You just caught me before I edited it. Your life is gonna end with some big banging

You got a sweet heart
Old 03-01-2007, 03:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Something kinda weird just happened. I was going to let Spanky out. I have a motion sensor spotlight above my door outside, it goes on when I open the screen door, or if someone starts coming up the steps.
Anyhoo, the screen door lock was stuck, and I was clicking it back and forth over and over. All of a sudden the porch sensor light came on. That's also how I can tell a cat is coming up the steps and wants in. Anyway, I hadn't opened the door yet, and no one/nothing was coming up the stairs. I've never seen the light really go on by itself like that.
I dunno, maybe there was a giant bug I didn't see, or something. But then, Spanky had been all impatient to go out, but when I got the door open, he just stood there looking out like there was something there. I had to shove his bun. Stupid cats, I hate when they stare at nothing and spook you out...

So, clearly, it was Vinnie's ghost had just come up the stairs to be let in, cause he heard me at the door....which turned on the light, because ghosts can trigger the motion sensor....

Seriously, though, it did freak me out.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post
One cool story. A couple of years ago, I moved after being in the same apartment for 8 years (the apartment I shared with Gil). I spent one last day cleaning the apartment and getting some final stuff. The landlord had been ripping up the carpet and there were rolls of it everywhere. Right before I left for good, I felt a strong pull to look underneath one of the rolls. There, I found the phone number that Gil had written the night we met--8 years earlier.

No one can convince me that was some strange coincidence.
this just gave me chills and made me tear up.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Save for a few dreams involving my deceased grandmother being brought back to life and my deceased dog (whom I never let into my room) trying sneak into my room , I've never had any experiences involving the dead.

However, I did have a very freaky, almost psychic experience last October. For some reason, I became very interested in the plane crash that killed Yankees catcher Thurman Munson, and started reading up on it. Then, on the morning of October 11th, I started thinking about a baseball game I attended earlier in the year, between the Phillies and the Red Sox.

Later that evening after I watched South Park (an episode about 9/11 conspiracy theories, which makes it even more eerie), I found out that Cory Lidle, the starting pitcher for the Phillies in that game who had since been traded to the Yankees, had been killed in a plane crash that afternoon. Coincidence?

I also remember reading something about Cory's funeral. The story goes that his widow let his brother, Kevin, take anything he wanted of Cory's, and he felt a very strong urge to take a jacket. When he put it on, he felt something inside the pocket of the jacket, put his hand in, and found one of those bouncy balls with a smiley face on it. He interpreted it as Cory informing them that he was okay.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
Something kinda weird just happened. I was going to let Spanky out. I have a motion sensor spotlight above my door outside, it goes on when I open the screen door, or if someone starts coming up the steps.
Anyhoo, the screen door lock was stuck, and I was clicking it back and forth over and over. All of a sudden the porch sensor light came on. That's also how I can tell a cat is coming up the steps and wants in. Anyway, I hadn't opened the door yet, and no one/nothing was coming up the stairs. I've never seen the light really go on by itself like that.
I dunno, maybe there was a giant bug I didn't see, or something. But then, Spanky had been all impatient to go out, but when I got the door open, he just stood there looking out like there was something there. I had to shove his bun. Stupid cats, I hate when they stare at nothing and spook you out...

So, clearly, it was Vinnie's ghost had just come up the stairs to be let in, cause he heard me at the door....which turned on the light, because ghosts can trigger the motion sensor....
Seriously, though, it did freak me out.

Clearly. My cats look at nothing too, btw.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^^

I had a deaf/mute white albino odd-eye cat named "Jai" (Pronounced "Jay") who would chase something around the house that only she could see/sense. It happened on a near daily basis, and always ended with "Jai" at the door of the extra bedroom of our house, with "Jai" wanting into that bedroom.

Deb & myself figured it was a spectre of a child since whatever "Jai" saw would playfully react to only "Jai" (The cat affectionately named "The Weinie Taunt").

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Eternal silence - forever and ever" - Nate Fisher (Six Feet Under)

I love that this promo is called "Living on the Ledge"

Online Videos by Veoh.com