User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
That's some crazy ****, Jim. Did they ever determine why you came back to life?

That's why I debated saying anything. People look at you weird, or think you are nuts. I feel like the farmer in Iowa who saw the UFO. They did a barrage of tests and except for a small loss of hearing, they were pretty clueless about what happened. I scared the crap out of the nurse working on cleaning me up though. (I awoke and asked for some milk as I was thirsty - I was only about 12 at the time).

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post
I would.
So would I!

I've never heard any experiences such as yours..I'm completely curious. But it's also understandable that you'd not want to share on a public message board.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
So would I!

I've never heard any experiences such as yours..I'm completely curious. But it's also understandable that you'd not want to share on a public message board.
There have been others like me with theses experiences, but dismissed for a variety of reasons , or used for PHD thesis's like mine.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss View Post
There have been others like me with theses experiences, but dismissed for a variety of reasons , or used for PHD thesis's like mine.
Your thing goes really well with my energy/reincarnation theory. My grandma was dead once, but she just saw her body lying on the hospital bed. So, she "floated up", I guess.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-27-2007, 05:22 PM
camchristo
This message has been deleted by camchristo.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
Your thing goes really well with my energy/reincarnation theory. My grandma was dead once, but she just saw her body lying on the hospital bed. So, she "floated up", I guess.
It's a near-death experience, and well documented. Too many people have had them for me to write them off.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post
It's a near-death experience, and well documented. Too many people have had them for me to write them off.
Yeah, I know. That's why I didn't say it was weird or anything. I've never been much of a skeptic about things, well, some, but mainly I just gather all the evidence I can and base my conclusions on that. Puts me waaaay ahead of the curve.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Red face Interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss View Post
Yes, there is something past death. Everyone will experience something different. There is a place of beauty and calm. There are some of our loved ones there and some that have cycled through again are not there. We all have our own paths.
I have never had a near death experience, or been ill enough to be declared 'clinically dead'. But I do have a weird explained sense that cant be explained where I can sense that something bad is going to happen to me, or someone close to me. Why have I been picked (Or sometimes I say "cursed with") to have this sense is a mystery to me, one that maybe someone on the other side thought would come in handy for me someday - Who knows I do believe there is life beyond this existence that I say is our 'hell'.

About a month or so ago, during the last major winter storm, I drove Deb to work (She doesnt like to drive in the ice - I have no opinion one way or the other ) so the next morning as I drove to pick Deb up from work I had an 'encounter'. I was driving along when I spotted what I first thought were 2 coyotes, but these werent coyotes they were wolves (They were much larger in size than any coyotes I have seen - and they were grey whereas coyotes are a darker brown color) - a pair that spotted my car as they crossed the highway and stopped and stared directly in my direction. No sooner than I saw them staring directly back I heard my Mom's voice in my head saying "Everything is alright"- I started to cry immediately. Those 2 wolves then proceeded to run across the grazing land towards the wooded land. I believe those 2 wolves were my parents from the other side of this existence taking a short break to come back and let me know that they are together again and that life is good and awaiting me on that other side. Was my conscience tricking me, or not - I swear it wasnt my conscience because why would I start to cry immediately after that voice? I called my sister to tell her what happened and she freaked.

Do I believe the afterlife of this world to have angels w/harps, rainbows & unicorns and all that fluff stuff? Nope. I believe something is out there - who/what won't be revealed until I take my last breath - and I for one cannot wait!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchristo View Post
I was raised Catholic and I do believe in God and Satan, Heaven and Hell. Or at least I think I do. Or I want to. They are all just such fantastic concepts. But then again, the human body and everything it does is pretty fantastic as well. Along with how we all got here to begin with.

I was with my grandpa when he was dying. At one point, we thought he was going to pass and he appeared to be looking past all of us at someplace and telling us how beautiful it was. He then came back to us and was with us for a few more weeks. We never talked of it and I'm not sure if he remembered. That makes me think there is something after this life.
"raised" Catholic..one of the biggest religious groups out there I was also raised Catholic..but haven't been to church in a long while now.

Anyway -what an amazing experience to be with someone like that when they die. I've never had that experience. Have only heard those of others. And experience like what you and Jim and others have described have been experienced by too many for me to discount them in any way.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Yeah, I know. That's why I didn't say it was weird or anything.
I wasn't lecturing you or anything....I think I came across that way. Was just joining in the conversation.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish I could explain my experience a bit better. Some of it just can't be put into words. Some of it will come across as a bit pompous. - I hope it doesn't come across that way. I don't have all the answers, and those I do have are only for MY path. I guess the best way to explain it is that 99% of us go around "asleep". There are things happening all around us all the time if we would only be "awake" enough to notice. But we couldn't function being "awake" all the time. How do I explain that you can look through your eyes rather than with them? That if you know how to listen and see there are many small glimpses of the place beyond the veils? Religion has its place, but the core truth has been clouded through politics and power sturggles? But this clouding is PERFECT for some people's path? These come out more as Babble after awhile.

estranged4life's wolves are just one awakening. That's what it means to be awake, open to see what is around us. I can't stay awake either all the time. I would continue but it starts sounding a bit odd, even to me.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I tend to believe in some form of reincarnation. But reincarnation in Buddhism works a little differently than they way most people think of it, because the Buddha taught there's no individual soul. But even before I practiced Buddhism, I felt like I'd been around the block, so to speak.

There is also heaven and hell in Buddhism, but it doesn't work the same way as the Christian concept. Your soul doesn't go there forever when you die - it's possible to be reborn as a heavenly being or a hell being, but you're still mortal; you die and then are reincarnated again.

Anyway - none of this is too terribly central to my daily practice of Buddhism, and I actually take kind of an agnostic view of it, although my tendency is to defer to the teachings of the Buddha. I do think there is some kind of reincarnation, for sure - and I hope there is a hell and that some certain people go there, although that's probably not a very Buddhist attitude.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Not the scientific stuff - I mean, what do you think happens to your soul/spirit? Is there heaven & hell? Who goes where? Is there reincarnation? Is it whatever the individual person believed - like if I think there's heaven & I have a theory about what it's like - is that what it will be for ME? If there's heaven, does everyone look like they did when they died? If there's hell, do only truly evil people go there, or can you go if you broke even 1 commandment? Do people who went to church every Sunday get to cut the line to get into heaven? If you're reincarnated, can it be into anything - animal, insect, another human - and do you have any choice at all in the matter? Willl we be able to see our living friends & family from beyond? Or is dead just dead?
This is always a hotbed subject isnt it? I believe you will give an account for your life when you die. I'm at odds as to whether or not its immediately or if every spirit is raised up on the last day. And I personally believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord. The Bible says "if you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord, and that God raised him from the dead then ye shall be saved." For me, this is what I feel in my heart. I know it to be true. It's not something I'm blindly hoping in...but if I'm wrong...then my faith is in vain and Christ was never raised from the dead. The Bible also says that "use not your newfound liberty as an occasion to the flesh"...so i also believe we are in constant need of his mercy and forgiveness, because we're all human beings, and we fall over and over. God gave us all a free will. He wants us to serve him, and love him willingly. And if God sent his only Son to this world to die...how much more is he willing to forgive us and give to us blessings in his Son's name? I'm no saint. Far from it. I think Bono said "sinners make the best saints." I think there's some truth to that.

Last edited by mylittledemon; 02-27-2007 at 07:51 PM..
Old 02-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh sheesh, you guys really want me to go here? You know I can't shut up.

Quote:
Oh, and I think our energy still exists (matter can't be created or destroyed?) after we die. I'm not sure why some people's energy manifests as ghosts and some doesn't, though.
I think heaven and hell are silly as they've been conceptualized. But there is that energy that still exists, where does it go? I think it is likely that the energy is still on earth, and for some reason people have stronger or more or something energy attached to them, or in them, or whatever, and that is what manifests as ghosts. It's hard to explain. But I hope I see Vinnie and all my pets. Maybe some friends...I think reincarnation is fairly likely, especially considering the way energy/matter works.
Ok, I agree with this the most. I also don't believe in Heaven and Hell. I think that along the way that whole concept was created to scare people to keep them from doing anything wrong, to put it bluntly. If you tell kids day after day they won't get presents from Santa if they're bad, they believe it. If you tell people day after day that they are going to Hell if they misbehave, they tend to believe it. It's my biggest issue with religion, it doesn't allow people to think for themselves anymore.

However, the whole afterlife thing is another matter. I have yet to decide whether I believe in it because it's really a nice thing to believe in, or if I should trust the thousands of accounts from people that had this happen to them personally. Up until two years ago I've never had a close encounter with death. Nobody close to me had ever passed away before, so I was blessedly immune from all of that. Until my mom passed away in 2005 and I suddenly developed an interest in what happens afterwards. Ofcourse, who wouldn't? I've always believed in spirits, I just didn't know how to put things together in order for it to make sense. But it continues to be a big doubt, because I worry that my personal experience is clouding my judgment, in that I want to believe so badly that she's still around somewhere, or that I will see her again someday, or that I don't fall into a dark black pit when I die. It doesn't allow for me to decide objectively anymore. So I've decided to just go with the flow and keep an open mind. I've believed in it before she passed away, there's no reason to stop now, despite those nagging doubts.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472 View Post

thnks Married To The Sea!
was this serious?
Old 02-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
I tend to believe in some form of reincarnation. But reincarnation in Buddhism works a little differently than they way most people think of it, because the Buddha taught there's no individual soul. But even before I practiced Buddhism, I felt like I'd been around the block, so to speak.

There is also heaven and hell in Buddhism, but it doesn't work the same way as the Christian concept. Your soul doesn't go there forever when you die - it's possible to be reborn as a heavenly being or a hell being, but you're still mortal; you die and then are reincarnated again.

Anyway - none of this is too terribly central to my daily practice of Buddhism, and I actually take kind of an agnostic view of it, although my tendency is to defer to the teachings of the Buddha. I do think there is some kind of reincarnation, for sure - and I hope there is a hell and that some certain people go there, although that's probably not a very Buddhist attitude.
I also share this belief