View Poll Results: Whats Your Orientation
Gay 22 34.92%
Straight 32 50.79%
Bi-Sexual 6 9.52%
Asexual 3 4.76%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2007, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17 View Post
Next to Walt Disney World, you live in the gayest place on Earth.
Actually, I think it goes:

1. The Ledge
2. Walt Disney World
3. San Francisco
Old 02-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Can I just share a quick story. Last night I went to see a friend for happy hour. Things have been bad at work and I need to talk, etc. Halfway into our first vodka tonic, he is already cruising half the bar. Halfway through the second drink, he is following a couple of guys into the bathroom. It got so bad I overheard one of the guys telling his friends that we was being stalked.

We were supposed to have dinner, but my friend said "I don't think I really want dinner", I'm just gonna hang here by myself. Which I guess meant "get the hell out of here, I'm gonna continue my pointless cruising".

It's times like that when I get down on gay men. In the meantime, I have these amazing dinners with women and even though I'm not sexually attracted to them, I feel attracted in a certain way.

What's my point......

I don't know, but after I got home, I got a text from my friend saying "going home alone".
Old 02-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Ry,

I can totally relate to your story. I would rather hang out with the ladies from work than hang out with gay men. You can find guys who become really good friends, however. It's painstaking at times trying to find someone to rely on who doesn't want to get down your pants. I would like a gay best friend, but I have yet to find one that doesn't think with his penis.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post
Can I just share a quick story. Last night I went to see a friend for happy hour. Things have been bad at work and I need to talk, etc. Halfway into our first vodka tonic, he is already cruising half the bar. Halfway through the second drink, he is following a couple of guys into the bathroom. It got so bad I overheard one of the guys telling his friends that we was being stalked.

We were supposed to have dinner, but my friend said "I don't think I really want dinner", I'm just gonna hang here by myself. Which I guess meant "get the hell out of here, I'm gonna continue my pointless cruising".

It's times like that when I get down on gay men. In the meantime, I have these amazing dinners with women and even though I'm not sexually attracted to them, I feel attracted in a certain way.

What's my point......

I don't know, but after I got home, I got a text from my friend saying "going home alone".
I've experienced that kind of thing. My social circle has collapsed to nothing over the past 8 or 9 months - I have no friends now except for my boyfriend, and I'm at a loss as to how to make new ones. But I don't think I'd intentionally seek out gay guys as friends; for one thing, the ones I've met don't seem to understand the concept of "platonic friendship." Your story illustrates another reason. "Bros before hos," people!
Old 02-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17 View Post
^Ry,

I can totally relate to your story. I would rather hang out with the ladies from work than hang out with gay men. You can find guys who become really good friends, however. It's painstaking at times trying to find someone to rely on who doesn't want to get down your pants. I would like a gay best friend, but I have yet to find one that doesn't think with his penis.
I am lucky, as I do have a couple of very good gay friends who transcend the whole penis thing. But they are in relationships and therefore completely unavailable except for an occasional dinner at their house.

There's some cool stuff going on in SF, like this group called ActivelyOUT that organizes activities for gay men and is intended to get people together in nonsexual environments just to socialize. I did a museum outing once with them and really enjoyed it. I should do more with them, but sometimes it's hard to show up by yourself not knowing who will be there.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My best friend is gay. When we go out, we have a blast. We can cruise, we can play darts, we can sit in a corner and gossip or we can just go somewhere and watch the Spurs and not say much. We used to have sex a long time ago but realized that we were gonna be better friends than F*** buddies, so that line was drawn.
He's a great guy, cute as can be and keeps ME in my place. I love him.

Three of my closest friends are females. We tell each other EVERYTHING and there are very few secrets within my circle. These ladies are my dinner dates, my concert companions, my shopping tag alongs. There are very few of my male friends that I spend as much time as I do with "my girls".

rbs
Old 02-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs3676 View Post
He's a great guy, cute as can be
Is he single?
Old 02-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is he single?
Actually, he is single at the moment!
Here's a pic of Patrick...

rbs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bwcowboy2.jpg (38.0 KB, 25 views)
Old 02-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
Are you bi too??

And yeah - I HATE when gay or straight people say **** like "come out already" or "pick a side" To that I say, "**** off."

Why people who have been so harshly judged would turn around and just just as judgemental is horrible to me.

Why don't I come out already? Because I happen to be attracted to both men and women. I don't care about gender, for me I choose a person for who they are.

I've had amazing relationships with men and amazing relationships with women. Bisexuality is real and does exist and is much more prevelant than some people think.

Contrary to popular belief it is not chicken ****, nor is it the last stop before gayville...not for everyone. I've been bisexual my whole life - and will continue to be.
I really hate that too, it pisses me off. saying pick a side is as good as saying to a gay person to choose a partner of the opposite sex, its really ignorant. I don't come out because of what I thought would be obvious, I like guys too much, my boyfriend wouldn't really like it.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs3676 View Post
Actually, he is single at the moment!
Here's a pic of Patrick...

rbs
Cute! ten characters
Old 02-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Warning: This post contains a visual metaphor posing as a riddle. Can you guess the answer?

Old 02-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
Warning: This post contains a visual metaphor posing as a riddle. Can you guess the answer?

straight as a rail?

Old 02-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:

What's my point......

I wish you and I lived closer..I have a feeling we would be great friends!
Tom & I do get a little to insular sometimes. My gay single friends seen very threatened by our 8 yr relationship..it pushes buttons..because we really are terrific together and very happy. Envy sets in most of the time I have found.
I have close straight guy friends who are now coupled & married. So we end up hanging out with a couple of gay men couples that seem to be working well. I miss having a close male gay friend I can really talk to! You are very special - hang with people that get you and YES..Respect you and your time. That group you mentioned sounds good and WORTH pursuing!!!
Andre
Old 02-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh boyyyyyy...GAY

Old 02-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post

Damnit, I was going to post this one...