User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2006, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
About a year ago I worked out about 3 x per week (sometimes more) and started weight watchers and I lost nothing. So I say "Screw it". My clothes didn't fit any different and I felt no different. I've basically decided that I'm never going to be miss america material so I don't really care. I am looking into getting a stationary bike, though, just to keep somewhat active. I tried the belly dancing routine and stopped after the second attempt. I had my little "belly dancing" outfit and everything. Oh well.

Good luck to those that are doing it though!!
I know that story all too well - I joined WW and have been exercising - last week I did 6 days!!! LOST NOTHING

I'm so annoyed and I feel like I'm being gyped outta my money because I'm not seeing any results....ok I AM but just really really really slowly.

I'm completely frustrated by it - but I refuse to give up because I don't want to go on feeling fat and lazy. Sigh.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well..the only good thing about losing it slow is...I guess it's harder to put back on. Or at least that is what I've heard.

Oh..I lost about 20 lbs back in the winter last year. Actually more like 25. But it wasn't good. It was all stress and so forth. I was down to size 4 or a 6 (yah!!) hahaha..but I gained it all back, and then some. I really don't care at this point. Yeah, I'd like to be all skinny, and hot. But it's not worth it for me. I like food too much!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^

I will never be what society considers "skinny" But I don't really like skinny -so I'm fine with that.

I know losing slowly is better than losing way fast - and losing by unhealthy means. So that thoughts keeps me from completely throwing in the towel.

That and just two years ago I looked fab...and felt fab..and now I just don't. But I'm gettin' there
Old 10-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Oh, I don't particularly LIKE it, but, when I weigh(no pun intended) all the pros and cons, IMO, it's just not worth ALL that work.
I do TONS of yardwork and the like, and go out of my way to walk to do things, so it's not like I'm sedentary.
Hell, NO ONE can keep up with me walking. People hate going shopping with me, because I won't walk their granny speed!
I love what you said though about at the end of the day no one's going to love you more for being 20 lbs lighter. I guess it's about balance.

Regarding cleansing, schedule a colonoscopy and take the sodium laxative. That'll take care of you right away! No 30 days necessary! OR, have about 6 -7 draught beers.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Think of weight loss as a side effect of a lifestyle that makes you feel good. That's a Dr. Weil thing. It's a state of mind I haven't yet mastered!

Last edited by SuzeQuze; 10-16-2006 at 07:30 PM..
Old 10-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Im working out, not to lose weight, but to bulk up - since I only weigh 60kg (130lbs) I really cannot afford to lose anymore
Old 10-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also remember that there are 3 basic body types:

Ectomorph - the "naturally skinny" type like Gwyneth Paltrow who are very slender.

Mesomorph - the muscular type who find it easier to gain muscle mass like Madonna.

Endomorph - the type with a tendency to store body fat like J. Lo.

Most people that have a really hard time with weight loss are endomorphs and are literally hard-wired to store body fat. So ease up on yourselves, man! Or woman! And don't compare yourself to those other types (the bastards).
Old 10-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^

I'm thinking I'm the last one. I really am trying harder to like myself for who I am - and not compare myself to others...something I do way way too much of.

I like the way of thinking you bring up, of just living a lifestyle that makes you feel good - hopefully the benefits will follow.

changing one's mindset seems to be one of the more difficult things in life- it sure is for me! And I don't know when I started being so damn hard on myself - but it really needs to stop. I'm working on it
Old 10-17-2006, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
I love what you said though about at the end of the day no one's going to love you more for being 20 lbs lighter. I guess it's about balance.
Well, isn't that the reason alot of people lose weight? The DREAM of....THAT's what's holding them back. Most of the time, it just ain't so. To quote Popeye, and the spoiled brat, "I am what I am.......ak, ak, ak, ak, ak.....".
Once you've gotten skinny, and re-evalutate your, now skinny life, you realize that nothing's really changed(cept you probably get laid more=BIG FN DEAL).

Quote:
Regarding cleansing, schedule a colonoscopy and take the sodium laxative. That'll take care of you right away! No 30 days necessary! OR, have about 6 -7 draught beers.
On the colonoscopy, I think I'll wait until the necessary age.
On the draught- hell, that's already part of my diet!
Old 10-17-2006, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So...what are you all doing to loose weight?? fasting? this colon cleansing thing? Are you all going to the gym, eating healthier food etc? Good luck to everyone. Isn't it Ramadan this month? I think thats quite a good way to go actually..don't they eat (and then not a huge meal) only after dark (they can drink, during daylight though).
Old 10-17-2006, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:

Yeah, that's not actually true. And fasting is good for you aside from colon benefits. In fact, the fast is for other health reasons, I am also doing a colon thing simultaneously b/c they work best together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuigirl
(cept you probably get laid more=BIG FN DEAL)
Uh, maybe not to you...It's quite the big FN deal to me.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 10-17-2006, 10:54 AM

I lost 5 pounds this week!! WOO!!

Good luck to all
Old 10-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well, isn't that the reason alot of people lose weight? The DREAM of....THAT's what's holding them back. Most of the time, it just ain't so. To quote Popeye, and the spoiled brat, "I am what I am.......ak, ak, ak, ak, ak.....".
Once you've gotten skinny, and re-evalutate your, now skinny life, you realize that nothing's really changed(cept you probably get laid more=BIG FN DEAL).
Yeah, people think once they're thin life will be easier but it's not. Although it probably is better in alot of ways. But then you just worry about gaining the weight that you used to worry about losing. The key is to be happy now. Isn't that a trick?
Old 10-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm still the same.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, people think once they're thin life will be easier but it's not. Although it probably is better in alot of ways. But then you just worry about gaining the weight that you used to worry about losing. The key is to be happy now. Isn't that a trick?
What's that saying, Nothing ever tastes as good as skinny feels.