The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-12-2006, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quite a bit of this story t ook place in MInnesota btw.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
Quite a bit of this story t ook place in MInnesota btw.
That's exactly what it is, a story.

I can't watch another minute of this Larry King puff piece. It's infuriating me and I feel so duped for having bought into the **** he wrote about. Being made a fool out of isn't exactly pleasing to the intellect. Thank the stars that I caught the rerun or else I would have called in in the hopes of telling him where to shove his book. What a lying sack of feces.

Old 01-12-2006, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala
I'm in the middle of it. I borrowed it from my friend who's studying to be an Addiction's Councellor. It's pretty reveting; it's kept me up late the past few nights because it's so hard to put down. I'd be pretty disapointed if it was proven to be lies, but as far as I can see this is rumour right now. If I was true, I'm not sure why he wouldn't market the book as a story about someone else.
Rumours, my ass. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/jamesfr...amesfrey1.html

Old 01-12-2006, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
That's exactly what it is, a story.

I can't watch another minute of this Larry King puff piece. It's infuriating me and I feel so duped for having bought into the **** he wrote about. Being made a fool out of isn't exactly pleasing to the intellect. Thank the stars that I caught the rerun or else I would have called in in the hopes of telling him where to shove his book. What a lying sack of feces.
so to sum up you opinion would it go something like "UH DUDE, YOURE BUSTED?"
Old 01-12-2006, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
so to sum up you opinion would it go something like "UH DUDE, YOURE BUSTED?"
He's a fukcer. The ultimate was when he told King that he's been tempted this past week to go back to drugs. I literally screamed at my television set and woke up everyone in my apartment from all my bitching about that rat bastard. What a weasel. Pray that CNN reruns it this weekend so that everyone interested can see it because this guy is a real piece of work. A memoir is an autobiography, **** For Brains, not "creative nonfiction."

AND he trotted out his poor mother on the show to play the sympathy card.

Old 01-12-2006, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This guy went to Denison University, where I currently go, and it's interesting to see all these news reports regarding the infamous (to us) GPD (Granville Police Department). I even saw one of the favorite bars in town on Anderson Cooper tonight!

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 01-12-2006, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003
This guy went to Denison University, where I currently go, and it's interesting to see all these news reports regarding the infamous (to us) GPD (Granville Police Department). I even saw one of the favorite bars in town on Anderson Cooper tonight!
I was not digging the white shirt tonight, man.

Old 01-12-2006, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Man...

I should write a book about the **** that I did in my younger violent ( And yes...Felonious) days, Maybe God-Phra will kiss my ass as she gives me a reach-around and make me tons of $$$ with her wit-less book club zombie/cult-like followers/members...

But then again, I am ashamed of the **** I lived thru and dont want to share it with the public no matter how much $$$ it could possibly make me.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-12-2006, 02:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I, dare I say it, didn't really pay much attention to the shirt tonight! I was actually only half-paying attention, catching up on livejournal business after a day of no internet.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 01-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
It was pretty interesting when Oprah called in there at the end of Larry King. Frey was looking at Larry with what looked to be hatred in his eyes. I don't know about this guy.
WATCH OUT FOR THE FURY!!@!

I liked the book well enough, but so much of it rang false for me in the initial read that I wasn't surprised by this news. I work part-time in a bookstore, and when the initial James Frey fever hit, we were selling out of every shipment we had of the book- we're talking hundreds of copies a night. It was insane. I'm waiting to see if people start bringing their books in for refunds, as apparently Random House has advised them to do ?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
He's a fukcer. The ultimate was when he told King that he's been tempted this past week to go back to drugs. I literally screamed at my television set and woke up everyone in my apartment from all my bitching about that rat bastard. What a weasel. Pray that CNN reruns it this weekend so that everyone interested can see it because this guy is a real piece of work. A memoir is an autobiography, **** For Brains, not "creative nonfiction."

AND he trotted out his poor mother on the show to play the sympathy card.
He's an addict, babe. His behavior is classic. I'm 130 pages into the book and I must say, it is very, very good. He's talented. But from what I saw of him on Larry King Live last night, I don't see a whole lot of the joy and healing that comes with recovery. I wonder if he's a dry drunk.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder if he's a dry drunk.
What's that?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
But you have to admit, the little post Oprah segue was awesome. He broke into a really big smile.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He's an addict, babe. His behavior is classic. I'm 130 pages into the book and I must say, it is very, very good. He's talented. But from what I saw of him on Larry King Live last night, I don't see a whole lot of the joy and healing that comes with recovery. I wonder if he's a dry drunk.
I was thinking this exact thing, lying is part of the disease. I haven't read the book but I did see that Oprah episode. The follow-up episode should be interesting - she must be livid.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley
WATCH OUT FOR THE FURY!!@!
I thought of that later. Another one that cracks me up is John Everett, Sexual Ninja, San Francisco and the World.
Random House issued a statement last night through Larry King saying that the refund offer was just a hoax. So I hope you don't have to put up with people trying to return the books. I suspect that it will only make the book sell faster. I didn't even know about this book until a few days ago when I heard about the controversy. If I had read it thinking it was a true story, I'd be kind of pissed though. I know people, hell, I'm sure we all do, who lived things very similar to what Frey did in the book. In a way, by being disingenuous the way he has, I almost feel he is doing a disservice to their stories.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 01-12-2006 at 12:03 PM..