Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Hubby & I got into it yesterday. When Ry, Curtis & I went to the Pittsburgh show, Ry & I slept in the same bed. For those of you that don't know, he's gay & we've been friends for about 10 years. There were only 2 beds & 3 people, so we shared.

So, I had friend over (including Ry) the other night & we were laughing about how at home I have a husband to kick me in our sleep & in Pitts I had a gay boyfirend kicking me.

The next day, hubby told me that he thought that it was wrong that I slept in the same bed with Ryan & that it had better not ever happen again. I said I didn't think there was any difference with sharing a bed with my gay male friend or my straight female friends if there's not enough beds. I told him if it upset him that much, it wouldn't happen again. I also told him that if he finds a lesbian friend, he can sleep in the same bed as her & then we'll be even.

But I still don't get it - we slept on opposite ends of the bed back to back. It's not like we were spooning or anything. What do you guys think? Apparently if this situation comes up again, I'll be sleeping in the tub.
Hmm...thats a tough one. I dont want to offend, but I would *think* that you would have known that would have bothered your husband had he found out about it, and therefore, not slept in the bed with Ry. BUT...on the other hand, if there was no doubt in your mind about anything remotely sexual occuring...then I guess you have a point as well. I, to be on the safe side, would have told my husband about it first thing to avoid him getting pissed later. Because now that he finds out after the fact, he's going to feel he can't trust you now (even if he says he does.)
Old 07-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

So, to answer your question...yes I probably would be mad. Most guys tend to get protective and jealous in those situations, and I'm one of them. But, I'd probably forgive you after you let me touch your boobies, and then maybe have some sweaty pig-sex. ROFL!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Now what would hubby think if I let you touch my boobies .

Oh, wait, I guess that was hypothetical.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
^ Now what would hubby think if I let you touch my boobies .

Oh, wait, I guess that was hypothetical.
sorry for the confusion! Yeah, I meant hypothetically!!!! haha
Old 07-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Hmm.. I think my train of thought on this would be right along yours, Paula. To me, sleeping in the same bed as a gay guy is akin to sleeping with a girlfriend. IE, just not a threat. But I wonder if your hubby wasn't so upset about that than he was at the fact that he found out in front of your other mutual friends? Maybe he felt a little embarrassed. Just a theory i throw out there. I'd definitely be jealous if my boyfriend or hubby slept in the same bed as another hetro girl - but if he slept in the same bed as a gay girl? I don't think I'd be upset. Actually, I know I wouldn't be. It's not like a gay person just chooses to be gay one minute and chooses not to be gay another (sorry, that would be me stating the obvious). Either way, sorry to hear you got into it over this... did you have great make-up sex at least??

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Sorry, Miss P, *hehehehe*, but I think he had a rare case of TIHS right then.
(totally illogical husband syndrome).
I don't think I would care, either, if my husband shared a bed with a hot lesbian, because, in both cases, no one is getting any, no matter how hot they are. Even if your husband was attracted to said theoretical hot lesbian, or you were attracted to Ryan, still nothing would happen, and you'd both (in theory) still be attracted to said gay people whether you slept on a cot or in the bed.
I think it's nice you compromised with your husband, though.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course, in reality, if said gay chick is a hot blond with huge boobs, I'm sure I'd feel differently whether it was warranted or not .
Of course, he might want you in the bed at the same time.

I am just about the least jealous person there is. I wouldn't be upset if I knew the gay guy, but if I didn't there might be the sneaking suspicion that this guy is not have any loyalty to a friendship with me & might be pretending to be gay to get into bed with my girlfriend.

In any event, you are wise to have told your husband it won't happen again if for no other reason than that it upsets him.

- Jake
Old 07-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
I wouldn't be upset if I knew the gay guy, but if I didn't there might be the sneaking suspicion that this guy is not have any loyalty to a friendship with me & might be pretending to be gay to get into bed with my girlfriend.

- Jake
That's why I didn't up in bed with Curtis. Of course, if he ever actually meets Curtis, there will be no suspicion. Love ya Curty, ya big Mo!
Old 07-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the best way to handle it would be to understand that his feelings are valid TO HIM, and that you will respect his discomfort and not do it again.

That being said, I don't think that it would be something that I would be upset about because there is no threat of anything physical happening. To me, I think the determining issue would be whether or not it places you in a vulnerable position (i.e. one where you would be likely to be unfaithful in some respect). Which in this case is NO.

Do I get jealous when my boyfriend goes out to the bars or even a strip club on a "Guys-Nite-Out"? NO. Provided there is no lap dances.

Do I get pissed off when my boyfriend suggests meeting for dinner and drinks with a girl that he used to date while in Washington D.C. for business? YES. Especially with the knowlege imparted by my oh so upfront boyfriend that they had amazing sex.

Why create a situation where you know that you might be tempted to cheat? Its better to avoid those situations all together, IMO.

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 07-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I was thinking along the same lines as Cat, in that perhaps he was more embarrassed by "finding out" in front of other people (even though you probably had mentioned it, and it went in one of his ears and out the other), so he reacted the way he did more out of embarrassment than jealousy.

Then again... if I remember correctly from the pics you guys posted, Ryan's hot. Maybe your husband was insecure about the fact that you were sharing a bed with a hot guy, even if he does happen to be gay!
Old 07-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's why I didn't up in bed with Curtis. Of course, if he ever actually meets Curtis, there will be no suspicion. Love ya Curty, ya big Mo!

It wasn't me who took 1 1/2 hours to get ready to leave. That belongs to your "other".

...and I'm sorry to hear your hubby got mad. I can vouch for ya since Ry was asleep hours before we were. Like someone else said, he could just be jealous of the Mac bond you share with others. Just assure him that there are bonds between you two that only you two have....and that's more special than anything else.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, my initial knee-jerk reaction was to think your husband was a jealous lout, but I can kinda see where he is coming from. Obviously Ryan is not into girls (no offense, Ryan ) but you are obviously a heterosexual female. And as much as gay guys can be classified in the "girlfriend" column, they are still guys. So if your gay friend looked like, oh, Brad Pitt, regardless of his orientation, I suspect that you would be thinking unChristian things while you were in bed with him. Just like if your husband had to sleep with a lesbian that looked like, oh, Pam Anderson.

The only way this is 100% alright is if you were a lesbian sleeping with a gay man- the repulsion is totally mutual .
Old 07-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4stevie
Especially with the knowlege imparted by my oh so upfront boyfriend that they had amazing sex.
He's playing that card, eh? Anytime guys say that we're trying to fire up your competitive juices.

- Jake
Old 07-18-2005, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Hubby & I got into it yesterday. When Ry, Curtis & I went to the Pittsburgh show, Ry & I slept in the same bed. For those of you that don't know, he's gay & we've been friends for about 10 years. There were only 2 beds & 3 people, so we shared.

So, I had friend over (including Ry) the other night & we were laughing about how at home I have a husband to kick me in our sleep & in Pitts I had a gay boyfirend kicking me.

The next day, hubby told me that he thought that it was wrong that I slept in the same bed with Ryan & that it had better not ever happen again. I said I didn't think there was any difference with sharing a bed with my gay male friend or my straight female friends if there's not enough beds. I told him if it upset him that much, it wouldn't happen again. I also told him that if he finds a lesbian friend, he can sleep in the same bed as her & then we'll be even.

But I still don't get it - we slept on opposite ends of the bed back to back. It's not like we were spooning or anything. What do you guys think? Apparently if this situation comes up again, I'll be sleeping in the tub.
Well, I can't sleep in the same bed as anyone so... Some married people have separate bedrooms.
Did you ask him why it bothered him so much?
Old 07-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Well, I can't sleep in the same bed as anyone so... Some married people have separate bedrooms.
Did you ask him why it bothered him so much?
I had a girlfriend that never forgave me for not letting her "lie on me" at night. I love to cuddle and all that crap, but when I'm ready to go to sleep I cant have anyone touching me. She just couldnt understand that.