Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse

I read your note and Suze's and I just had to add-
I'm north of you both- in New Hampshire-but hey hello to another Bostonian...
Now since you are New Englanders and somewhat older (it seems) I am 47, and I so remember the smell of mimeograph paper- the smell of leaves burning at the end of your driveway , after you and the family raked em all up-Coming home from school, changing out of your "School" clothes into "Play"
clothes- yelling out "Call me for Dinner Mom," and running out the back door, never to be seen by my Mom again until supper- Same in the summer...leave the house at 9:00 with my pals and not return until lunch or supper- No concerns, no locks on the door, no fears- just playing and laughing at silly games like :red light" or kick the can, or snowball catch-simply playing.

A childhood that sadly is so different than todays'childrens play dates- and various group /sports schedules-being driven everywhere for dates to play..I find that disheartning. Kids are only kids for such a short time..

Am I getting old??- My body is different and I am not the little fox that I was when I was 26-but my head is still 26 at times, I think I have absorbed more and accquired certain knowledge and abilities that come with time...but I don't feel old...unless someone talks about missing the way that you used to be able to go outside on a December morning and smell that snow was coming....I swear...you used to be able to smell when it was going to snow, now there is to many radar satelites in the sky scrambling our sense of smell-haha
I'm not old, time is just passing me by as it does all of us...it just seems time becomes shorter when you become older-It's simple
but like my pal Lindsey says "fate takes time"

Oh yeah...the only other concern-complaint I have about getting older...I don't sleep!! Hense, this little triade..
~~dreams
eclipse~~
Hello there! I love the mountains and ski up there as much as I can. Have you always lived up there?

I've noticed time going much faster and it is scary. A week goes by like a day used to. It is so strange. When I was little and people would say that I would think, "you're off your rocker". But its true. And it just gets faster from what I hear! So I do try to cherish my days although I squander some time. I want to do less of that.

I've heard crime is no higher than it was when we were kids. Its just the way the news reports things and sensationalizes everything that's got everyone in a panic. I think it's awful. I was not such an outdoor kind of kid but I did play out there sometimes, especially in summer, and it was great that "dark time" was 9:00. Ahhh...We also always went camping up north which were idyllic blips in my childhood. We ran around the whole campground without a care.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
You're all around crazy -- you don't count Well, only child -- oldest child --same thing when it's only you
Oh, I'm crazy? Okay, I see. Who was chasing the band and stevie all around Vegas? mmmhmmm. Sesly, I can't believe you think I'm crazy.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse

No concerns, no locks on the door, no fears- just playing and laughing at silly games like :red light" or kick the can, or snowball catch-simply playing.
I can't imagine that...not having to lock the door and not having to be on guard and afraid. It saddens me to think of how different things are now. Usually things get better as society progresses, but not in that way.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, you truly do look younger as does Deborah.

I'll be 22 on the 1st of September. I've only been carded once and that's only because I was with people in their mid 20s who looked like they were in their teens I remember back a few years ago (I was about 19 at the time), I went to DSW with my mother. I was wearing jeans, heels, a black blazer and a red cami. Some woman came up to me as I was browsing and said, "you're like, what? 30?...do you think these are too young for us to wear?" I looked at my mom and laughed. I told her I was only 19 but they weren't "too young" for her. She apologized profusely.

I think a lot of it has to do with how you're raised and as you know (I think), i'm an only child. I've always hung around an older crowd and not with people my own age and I think it's shaped who I am -- for better or worse!
Actually come to think of it in Vegas I thought you were older and then was looking at your skin and was like, "she's very young" I thought you might even be just 18. It is the way you carry yourself I think. Start talking really loudly and expressively and do other obnoxious stuff then people will think you're younger. Although it sounds like it doesn't bother you a bit so that's good.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden braid
I'm an only child too.

I'm happy that I look young. People think I'm like 18 years old and I'm actually 28. I figure when I'm 48 and look 38 that will definitely be a good thing.
Wow -- I didn't realize so many of us were.

No, it'll definitely work to your advantage when you're older (and hopefully everyones) When you told me you were 28 in Vegas, I nearly fell off my chair (you know, because I had one and you NEVER DID )
Old 07-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Actually come to think of it in Vegas I thought you were older and then was looking at your skin and was like, "she's very young" I thought you might even be just 18. It is the way you carry yourself I think. Start talking really loudly and expressively and do other obnoxious stuff then people will think you're younger. Although it sounds like it doesn't bother you a bit so that's good.
No, god forbid she be expressive, someone might think she's craaaazy!!!!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Oh, I'm crazy? Okay, I see. Who was chasing the band and stevie all around Vegas? mmmhmmm. Sesly, I can't believe you think I'm crazy.
Is this rhetorical Miss Princess Leia hair buns? Hmmm?
Old 07-10-2005, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is this rhetorical Miss Princess Leia hair buns? Hmmm?
Omigod, a hairstyle, which actually tons of people out here wear, makes me crazy? That is hilarious. I knew the east coast was kind of stuffy, but I guess I didn't know the extent of it. Silly puritan based society!!! An older lady came into our shop the other day to look at a proof, and she had her hair in pigtails.

Old 07-10-2005, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm an only child too.

I'm happy that I look young. People think I'm like 18 years old and I'm actually 28. I figure when I'm 48 and look 38 that will definitely be a good thing.
I thought you were about 19 until I saw you in the "birthdays" section on the index page .
Old 07-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
It doesn't bother me at all -- I often forget my age as do most. The girls I work with are older than I am. They'll start talking about how so and so pissed them off -- she's in her early 20s -- she's immature -- they hate her, etc. and then they stop themselves and i'll laugh. If I have to be associated with a group of people, you gals that have a few years on me aren't a bad lot
Old 07-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Omigod, a hairstyle, which actually tons of people out here wear, makes me crazy? That is hilarious. I knew the east coast was kind of stuffy, but I guess I didn't know the extent of it. Silly puritan based society!!! An older lady came into our shop the other day to look at a proof, and she had her hair in pigtails.
Hey! This is New Jersey, not Massachusetts! I'm totally kidding, btw. I wouldn't say "stuffy" but I think there's a big difference between east coast and the west coast -- you're all more chill where here, it's on the go 24/7 -- I don't think a lot of people here know the meaning of relax.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey! This is New Jersey, not Massachusetts! I'm totally kidding, btw. I wouldn't say "stuffy" but I think there's a big difference between east coast and the west coast -- you're all more chill where here, it's on the go 24/7 -- I don't think a lot of people here know the meaning of relax.
Or the meaning of strange, alternate hairstyles? Yeah, I don't know. I guess I'd just believe you. But where I live, people try to be extra creative with their "look" or whatever. Not that I was doing that, but that's what people do. Some places I notice a lot of people would rather by brand names, or whatever, and more try to "fit in" with a normal, sort of "classy" look. I don't know if that's true, it's just the impression I've gotten.

Old 07-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
People in the northeast are rude, loudmouthed mother****ers, always have been.

Old 07-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'm an only child too.

I am another only child here. too!
Old 07-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
People in the northeast are rude, loudmouthed mother****ers, always have been.
yet, strangely staid in other ways, somehow.