User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-28-2005, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Tear in your hand by Tori. It has a lot of personal significance for me and it is such a gorgeous song with incredible lyrics and atmosphere. When I saw her do this at the Wang (a theater for you pervs) it was a transporting moment. The lights were ethereal, I was so moved.
I love Tear in Your Hand so, so much. The lyrics are sad, but for some reason I never think of it as a sad song.

Old 04-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by all the same
And I want you to show me!!! I wanna feel what love is!!! And I know you can show me!!!

awesome!
Totally. 'cept I always think of it as "I wanna feel what love is. I want you to feel me!"
Old 04-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden

You Had Time- Ani
SUCH A GOOD SONG!!! Hell Yeah is another good one off that record.

Where on your palm is my little line when you're written in mine as an old memory?

KATE BUSH
Old 04-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjupiter678
I love Tear in Your Hand so, so much. The lyrics are sad, but for some reason I never think of it as a sad song.
It is hopeful and it does cradle you. It's not a downer so I know what you mean.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
Totally. 'cept I always think of it as "I wanna feel what love is. I want you to feel me!"
perv!!!

Where on your palm is my little line when you're written in mine as an old memory?

KATE BUSH
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
SUCH A GOOD SONG!!! Hell Yeah is another good one off that record.
Totally! Those two are my faves off there, and also "Falling is Like This" and "How Have You Been."
Old 04-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She is a phenomenal song writer. She played the Calgary Folk Fest and I sorta met her... in the sense that I chased her after seeing her watching the Jane Siberry show and had her sign my Living In Clip. Pretty cool. She's tiny! Well, I'm 6'5" though. So, everyone's tiny to me!

KATE BUSH
Old 04-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
jackie's strength is another really good tori song.
Definitely. Tori has a lot of great sad songs. Another favorite of mine is Toast from her latest album. I've had it on repeat a lot the past few days.

Old 04-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She is a phenomenal song writer. She played the Calgary Folk Fest and I sorta met her... in the sense that I chased her after seeing her watching the Jane Siberry show and had her sign my Living In Clip. Pretty cool. She's tiny! Well, I'm 6'5" though. So, everyone's tiny to me!
She is really tiny. I'm totally jealous that you got to chase after her. I've never seen her live but I plan to.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Definitely. Tori has a lot of great sad songs. Another favorite of mine is Toast from her latest album. I've had it on repeat a lot the past few days.
I didn't really dig the new record. Listened to it a couple of times but thought it was too light for my taste. I think she's flaked out personally. Now that she's all married with a kid, she's lost her edge. She should have done like Stevie and LIVED FOR THE ART!!!

I'll give Toast a listen. Sugar kills me. Purple People is really good too. She's got tons of great songs!!!

KATE BUSH
Old 04-28-2005, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
She is really tiny. I'm totally jealous that you got to chase after her. I've never seen her live but I plan to.
You have to see her! I've seen her in Banff twice and at the Calgary Folk Fest. She's amazing live! You can tell she loves playing live. It was really cool at the Folk Fest because they have all these great singer/songwriter workshops. And Jane Siberry was hosting one and Ani was in the audience feet away from me. I was at the very front. I'm a huge Jane Siberry fan so I made a point of being there early so I could be right up close. We're talking like maybe 3 feet away from the stage. Jane invited Ani up on stage to sing The Water Is Wide with her and the rest of the people on stage. It was great. Ani was so close to me. It was crazy. A rare experience.

KATE BUSH
Old 04-28-2005, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You have to see her! I've seen her in Banff twice and at the Calgary Folk Fest. She's amazing live! You can tell she loves playing live. It was really cool at the Folk Fest because they have all these great singer/songwriter workshops. And Jane Siberry was hosting one and Ani was in the audience feet away from me. I was at the very front. I'm a huge Jane Siberry fan so I made a point of being there early so I could be right up close. We're talking like maybe 3 feet away from the stage. Jane invited Ani up on stage to sing The Water Is Wide with her and the rest of the people on stage. It was great. Ani was so close to me. It was crazy. A rare experience.
Sounds wonderful!
Old 04-28-2005, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
OH MY GOD!

I totally forgot about that one..it's one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE Sheryl songs...

and therefore one of my favorite sad songs as well...

OH and I forgot:

Full of Grace - Sarah McLachlan
Full of Grace is She has so many songs that are sad but hopeful at the same time.

Also . . . "That Particular Time" and "Perfect" by Alanis Morissette

"Goodbye Baby" "Storms" and "Silver Springs" by Stevie

"This Woman's Work" by Kate Bush

"True Companion" by Marc Cohn

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 04-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't really dig the new record. Listened to it a couple of times but thought it was too light for my taste. I think she's flaked out personally. Now that she's all married with a kid, she's lost her edge. She should have done like Stevie and LIVED FOR THE ART!!!
Hee. It took me a few listens to get into it, but now I really love it. I agree, I think she has mellowed out a lot since she had her daughter. Did you like Scarlet's Walk?

Quote:
I'll give Toast a listen. Sugar kills me. Purple People is really good too. She's got tons of great songs!!!
Sugar is beautiful, and I adore Purple People. I included it a couple days ago on a mix cd of favorites.

Another one I just thought of that should've been on my list -- Northern Lad.

Old 04-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hee. It took me a few listens to get into it, but now I really love it. I agree, I think she has mellowed out a lot since she had her daughter. Did you like Scarlet's Walk?

Sugar is beautiful, and I adore Purple People. I included it a couple days ago on a mix cd of favorites.

Another one I just thought of that should've been on my list -- Northern Lad.
Scarlet's Walk again, I couldn't get into. Too soft and sappy. Sarah McLachlan did the same thing when she his Surfacing, I think. She lost her edge.

Northern Lad!!! "First he loved my accent, how his knees could bend!" Is there a better line???!!! See, that was when she was awesome! Now she's writing soft little light songs. She doesn't bleed anymore for her songs. Know what I mean? Oh, and "when you're only wet, 'cause of the the rain". Holy crap!!! Those were the good old days. How about Siren from the Great Expectations soundtrack? One of my all time favorite Tori songs.

KATE BUSH