Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Where do you live?

I mean, what's your living situation? House? Apartment? Alone? Roommate? S/O? Pets? City? Burbs?

I live in a 3 bedroom cape cod style house with hubby, 2 cats & dog in the burbs. Typical post-WWII house, around 1000 sq. feet. We bought it about 4&1/2 years ago & will be putting an addition on in a few weeks to add a second full bath & make my bedroom bigger w/ a walk-in closet.

We have a decent size yard & a 2 car garage. If we ever move, I will never go without a garage. Ever. Not having to clean the car off every morning is wonderful.

How about you?
Old 03-24-2005, 02:19 PM
bikerchic
This message has been deleted by bikerchic.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We have a ten room, 2 & 1/2 bath raised ranch. Four bedrooms. Two kitchens. 3 living rooms. 2 Car garage. It's grey with blue shutters I live with my sister, parents, and dog. We have neighbors that are all older than 50 and never leave their homes except to work. And we live in Milford, CT. It's a small city, about 15-20 minutes away from New Haven or Bridgeport, depending on which way you are going.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Me

I live in a mansion in Beverly Hills...Marilyn Monroe lived here back in the day.

Yep.

Sesly, I live in a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house with my dad in North Texas. My parents turned the old closet that used to be in our den, into a 2nd bathroom a long time ago...thank God, because I would NOT wanna share a bathroom with my dad. I clean it every week and yeah, no freakin' way am I sharing. We have a dog, but she stays outside. We do have a 2 car garage, but one side is non usable because my dad had a spa room built in there and he wishes he hadn't bought the dang spa. Dippo.

My dream home will be 2 stories (I've always loved going to my friend's houses where they had stairs...I'm fascinated with stairs for some reason. LOL Even had a dream about a gorgeous stairway. I'm wierd. I want grey brick and I have the inside of my home kind of mapped out already. Now, I just need to win the lotto or something and I'm set. LOL

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 03-24-2005 at 02:29 PM..
Old 03-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Currently I'm in a three- bedroom apartment in the burbs. Although, my BF and I are going to be moving to a new house in April. He's in England now selling and/or packing his stuff.

I can't wait. It's a fairly nice size at 2500 sq. feet ( two stories, 4 bedrooms & a 'loft'). The yard isn't very big though, but that can be said for most new houses in Vegas. We have watering restrictions due to the 20- something year drought, and even if you do have a big yard it has to be rocks. It does have a pool though, albiet a small one.

Oh, and I don't have any pets. My mother never let me have them growing up, and my BF will freak if animal hair gets on anything. Maybe I'll get a fish. But then again, I'm allergic to seafood and have kinda hated even looking at fish my whole life.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:38 PM
bikerchic
This message has been deleted by bikerchic.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I live in a house/apartment. It was once a house - and is now two apartments - one upstairs and one downtsairs. I have the downstairs. It's pretty big for me - one bedroom - it's very cute...

I also have the basement which has the washer and dryer - and I have free reign over the back yard and deck (very nice wood deck in the back) - the yard is fenced so it's nice to be able to let Clancy (dog) out to do her stuff and not always have to go with her.

So I lived by myself until recently when I adopted Clancy - my dog - and now she shares the place with me -but is a great roomate...except for the excessive drooling and gas - but from roomate stories I've heard before it doesn't sound like I could do much better with a human
Old 03-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I live in a very small midwest town with my husband and son. Right along the Missouri River. Good area for hunting artifacts. It's a farming community, corn & soybeans. We have several orchards, apples & peaches.

My home is a 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath ranch style home. We just had a new front porch added a few years ago.

We have 2 bird dogs, Sam & Pat. 1 cat.......and a salamander.

I was born and raised a "Country Bumpkin"......
Old 03-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
My dream home will be 2 stories (I've always loved going to my friend's houses where they had stairs...I'm fascinated with stairs for some reason. LOL Even had a dream about a gorgeous stairway.
I don't think you're weird at all. I grew up in a ranch & my one criteria when we were looking for our house was that it was an "up & downy house." No split levels or raised ranches for me, though. I don't want to have to climb or go down stairs just to get into the house.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I live in St. Louis city. 2 bedroom one bathroom house with a finished basement. It's just me and my 3 year old, so it's the perfect size. The yard is decent, and I don't have a garage but I do have a carport in the back. Better than nothing I guess!
Old 03-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

O when I am not in ym summer hom in Malibu, Or one of my many condos in Mexico..

I live in a quiet burb of Wichita 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath 2 livng rooms basement (for all those kansas tornadoes!). I have a dog! 2 cats!
Old 03-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I live near Chicago in a four bedroom three bathroom with a basement and a two and a half car garage. Does the basement count as a third story?? I never understood that... Well the only pets we have is a rabbit. Yup, boring house.

"Age is just a number... The rest is just a state of mind."
Old 03-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I live in the 'burbs on the west side of Indy in a 2200 sq. ft. 2 story with 3 bed, a playroom, and 2 1/2 bath (it's a bitch to clean by myself). It's just my daughter and I, the dog, and 6 fish. I have a 2 car garage, but I can barley fit 1 car in it because of all my **** that I need to get rid of! I have a kinda small yard... 1/3 acre? but that's OK because I have to mow and fertilize it. Damn, I need a maid and a lawnboy.....
Old 03-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998
I live in the 'burbs on the west side of Indy in a 2200 sq. ft. 2 story with 3 bed, a playroom, and 2 1/2 bath (it's a bitch to clean by myself). It's just my daughter and I, the dog, and 6 fish. I have a 2 car garage, but I can barley fit 1 car in it because of all my **** that I need to get rid of! I have a kinda small yard... 1/3 acre? but that's OK because I have to mow and fertilize it. Damn, I need a maid and a lawnboy.....
1/3 of an acre is small, huh? My lot is 40 feet by 120 feet! Big enough for us , though.

I forgot that lots of people don't have basements! We do, half is finished into a bar/family room with a gas fireplace. Comes in mighty handy in the winter. The other half is just laundry & storage.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cripes, am I the only apartment dweller?

I live in an apartment with one bathroom, two bedrooms, a living room, a little kitchen, and a big office. I like it better than living in a house, I feel safer for some strange reason. I have a dog, lovely furniture that I just recently reupholstered myself, and lots of windows.

Old 03-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Cripes, am I the only apartment dweller?

I live in an apartment with one bathroom, two bedrooms, a living room, a little kitchen, and a big office. I like it better than living in a house, I feel safer for some strange reason. I have a dog, lovely furniture that I just recently reupholstered myself, and lots of windows.
I know, us crazy people and our "houses"

So do you live in Boston itself or right outside? I would think living right in the city would cost a small fortune....
Old 03-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I live on my own in a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom, two storey house.. Got a new kitchen in here and got it furnished pretty well now, it's not a massive place but it does get a little quiet at times, not exactly cheap to keep though, maybe I need a couple of Ledgie lodgers!