The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default How's about an EMBARRASSING pictures thread?

Whether it be a pic of you with your head in the toilet after a long night, or a high school picture disaster, or a fashion don't.

Go ahead. Post them. I dare you.

Here are two I am not proud of. First was around 1989 (best friend cut out to protect her identity ) Nice boots, losers!

Second was 1991/92, junior year school photo (before I discovered tweezers, obviously.) Hi hair!

Man, I thought I was the sh*t!

Hope you all get your laugh for the day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paulaboots.jpg (30.5 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg paulahair.jpg (28.1 KB, 92 views)
Old 02-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

OK, I'll bite. Here's me on the last day of 8th grade-- 1983-- all decked out in my flip hairdo, large glasses, and Fleetwood Mac tee shirt (which i only broke out on special occasions- I didn't wanna wash it too much!) That shirt was not considered cool in the least, BUT it was the last day of school, so I didn't care.

The picture next to that is of my room at that time-- after your eyes adjust to the blinding yellow walls, you may notice the little pics of FM all around my mirror (along w/ U2 and led Zeppelin.)

I have come to the conclusion that I have WAY too many embarrassing photos of myself. This album is one big laugh.

-Lis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jrhighpic.jpg (49.1 KB, 99 views)
Old 02-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Whether it be a pic of you with your head in the toilet after a long night, or a high school picture disaster, or a fashion don't.

Go ahead. Post them. I dare you.

Here are two I am not proud of. First was around 1989 (best friend cut out to protect her identity ) Nice boots, losers!

Second was 1991/92, junior year school photo (before I discovered tweezers, obviously.) Hi hair!

Man, I thought I was the sh*t!

Hope you all get your laugh for the day.
Oh. My. Gosh. Paula!!!! See, but it was the early 90s so it was totally cool. I hate to see what everyone will say 10 years from now about what we're presently wearing and doing to our hair
Old 02-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
OK, I'll bite. Here's me on the last day of 8th grade-- 1983-- all decked out in my flip hairdo, large glasses, and Fleetwood Mac tee shirt (which i only broke out on special occasions- I didn't wanna wash it too much!) That shirt was not considered cool in the least, BUT it was the last day of school, so I didn't care.

The picture next to that is of my room at that time-- after your eyes adjust to the blinding yellow walls, you may notice the little pics of FM all around my mirror (along w/ U2 and led Zeppelin.)

I have come to the conclusion that I have WAY too many embarrassing photos of myself. This album is one big laugh.

-Lis
Oh man...that's classic. But has the room changed all that much?
Old 02-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Oh man...that's classic. But has the room changed all that much?
The walls are no longer yellow LOL. Although that's my parents' house so I have no control over that!

Right now in my house I'd say the kitchen, basement and a bit of the LR and master bedroom have FM stuff in it. Actually that pic of my room was from 1986, not 1983, I just checked the date.

-Lis
Old 02-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin

-Lis
Wow - from the stuff you posted in the 'Apology' thread, I was expecting ... well ... Dolly Parton.

And I had the same shirt -- it's the one with the baseball & their signatures on the back, right? (I never understood the baseball reference, especially for the Mirage album, but anyway...) Except I wore mine ALL THE TIME. That is, until the Wild Heart tour, when it was retired for my deep maroon 'Don't Blame It On Me...' shirt with hot pink lettering.

And here's one of me from 1989. I'm the guy behind the embarrasingly huge glasses.

Last edited by Nixxxed; 11-13-2008 at 10:24 PM..
Old 02-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

Me with a fake horse lol, I think it was fake...I dont remember...

See how mom tortured us? Being dressed like you're a twin sucks lol Btw those two pics are crap cause I have no scanner heh

And I had just eaten a blue one lol

If Stevie were singing in the forest, and nobody heard her...would she still rule?

My Fleetwood Mac Photoalbum
Old 02-10-2005, 10:35 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxxed
Wow - from the stuff you posted in the 'Apology' thread, I was expecting ... well ... Dolly Parton.

And I had the same shirt -- it's the one with the baseball & their signatures on the back, right? (I never understood the baseball reference, especially for the Mirage album, but anyway...) Except I wore mine ALL THE TIME. That is, until the Wild Heart tour, when it was retired for my deep maroon 'Don't Blame It On Me...' shirt with hot pink lettering.

And here's one of me from 1989. I'm the guy behind the embarrasingly huge glasses.
Dude, i was about 14 there. They got bigger. Not Dolly Parton big, but bigger.

Actually my shirt did NOT have any sigs on the back, what the %&$@?

Big glasses were in for such a long time, it seems....

-Lis
Old 02-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Too funny! I will have to dig up some old pictures and find something good. I know I've got alot of them from the party days Funny, I was thinking about starting a drunk ledgie picture thread a few days ago. Embarrassing pics is a little more appropriate though!
Old 02-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to have those glasses, only much, MUCH thicker and MUCH uglier.

We were on welfare when I was little (up until I was about twelve) and when I would go to get new glasses and an eye exam, Mass Health would pay for the glasses. Unfortunately, you couldn't pick the glasses you wanted, they hauled out a tray of about ten pairs that you got to pick from. I called them "Welfare Goggles." HUGE frames and the lenses were as thick as coke bottles. They weighed my ****ing face down and if you were to look at my old school portraits, my head looks like it's about to just drop down at any moment under the weight.

Thank the stars for Alain Mikli. I don't know what I'd do without those glasses.

Old 02-11-2005, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I think you look cute

Nice pics everyone - I wouldn't call them too embarassing at all
Old 02-11-2005, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moony

Wait till you see mine....
Old 02-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moony
I think you look cute

I wouldn't either. This thread would be 100 pages long if I posted all of my embarrassing photos. ie, almost every photo taken of me is pretty embarrassing. I will do a "best of crappy weird smile bad shirt ugly hair" school pics, though. It really is a kind of series.
By the way, I kinda thought everyone's pics were pretty cute Especially, well, compared. Paula? I love the big mane o' hair pic, i think it's cute. Everyone else looks pretty cute, too.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-11-2005, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I wouldn't either. This thread would be 100 pages long if I posted all of my embarrassing photos. ie, almost every photo taken of me is pretty embarrassing. I will do a "best of crappy weird smile bad shirt ugly hair" school pics, though. It really is a kind of series.
By the way, I kinda thought everyone's pics were pretty cute Especially, well, compared. Paula? I love the big mane o' hair pic, i think it's cute. Everyone else looks pretty cute, too.
Seriously - I thought they were all cute too.

Embarrassing is picking your nose during a ballet recital.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer

Embarrassing is picking your nose during a ballet recital.

...or picking your ass on the soccer field... (those Umbros were so NOT conducive to running up and down a field )...or falling on said ass in your flapper outfit while tap dancing on stage in front of hundreds of people