User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-31-2004, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Johnny Stew:

Which was a very good thing, definitely... but tell me, what has the Republican party done for African Americans in the forty years since?
Well there'e a few who are serving in rather high ranking positions in the current administration. Does that count?
Old 07-31-2004, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd
Well there'e a few who are serving in rather high ranking positions in the current administration. Does that count?
Besides Rice and Powell, name them.
Old 07-31-2004, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Besides Rice and Powell, name them.
what the hell dude? he said a few he didnt say multitude.....were there significantly more during clintons administration?

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 07-31-2004 at 12:58 AM..
Old 07-31-2004, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber
what the hell dude? he said a few he didnt say multitude.....were there significantly more during clintons administration?
Yes. Want me to list them?

What have Powell and Rice done for their people BTW?
Old 07-31-2004, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Yes. Want me to list them?

What have Powell and Rice done for their people BTW?
not that i dont believe you but go ahead and list them.....and i dont know everybody in the current administration.....is that all is in the bush admin or are you truly asking who else there is? do you not know? and colin powell is the man....i think he's great and if he wanted to he could make a good president but he doesnt want to ....and i dont think american would vote in a black president ...unfortunately thats how it goes

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 07-31-2004 at 01:03 AM..
Old 07-31-2004, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
not that i dont believe you but go ahead and list them.....and i dont know everybody in the current administration.....is that all is in the bush admin or are you truly asking who else there is? do you not know?
There are no other African Americans in the Bush Cabinet. Rice and Powell are the show ponies. As I said, what have they done for their people? Nothing IMO.

Off the top of my head with the Clinton admin:
Ron Brown, Ben Johnson, Jesse Brown, Joycelyn Elders, to name a few. Donna Brazile was Al Gore's campaign manager.

Edited to add: Mike Espy, Togo D. West Jr., Rodney Slater

Last edited by gldstwmn; 07-31-2004 at 01:19 AM..
Old 07-31-2004, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
gldstwmn:

There are no other African Americans in the Bush Cabinet. Rice and Powell are the show ponies. As I said, what have they done for their people? Nothing IMO.
The fact that they are there is enough in my opinion. They are great role models for the African American community. What would you think of the first African American President Colin Powell, and a Republican at that? How cool?!
Old 07-31-2004, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Tucker Carlson is a turd. Period.
Is he a turd or a period? Make up your mind vwith these bodily functions.

- Jake
Old 07-31-2004, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd
What would you think of the first African American President Colin Powell, and a Republican at that? How cool?!
I know the question was not meant for me, but IMO Colin as president would not be cool.

- Jake
Old 07-31-2004, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
darklinensuit:

I know the question was not meant for me, but IMO Colin as president would not be cool.
Let me guess, you'd rather have Al Sharpton? Seriously though, would you care to elaborate on why you wouldn't like Colin Powell as President? Just curious.
Old 07-31-2004, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd
Let me guess, you'd rather have Al Sharpton? Seriously though, would you care to elaborate on why you wouldn't like Colin Powell as President? Just curious.
I don't trust him. For one thing I don't think he has been true to his beliefs (whatever they are these days) in his current position. Also, I'm suspicious of politicians (Ross Perot was like this, too) who respond to the media's questions about major issues with words that they're researching the sides still. When Colin was being courted to run some years ago he was intentionally vague much of the time. For a while he would not even take a stand on abortion because he had to "research" the matter. I don't buy for one minute that a grown man who had been considering a run for the presidency for over a year had not decided where he stood before facing the press. Something is not honest there.

- Jake
Old 07-31-2004, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd
Yeah, because we all know Minute Rice and Colon are representative of the black community in America.

Old 07-31-2004, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
not that i dont believe you but go ahead and list them.....and i dont know everybody in the current administration.....is that all is in the bush admin or are you truly asking who else there is? do you not know? and colin powell is the man....i think he's great and if he wanted to he could make a good president but he doesnt want to ....and i dont think american would vote in a black president ...unfortunately thats how it goes
Get Powell's ****ty book and look up the "Powell Doctrine" in the index. He's a hypocrite of the highest order who sold out.

Old 07-31-2004, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd
The fact that they are there is enough in my opinion. They are great role models for the African American community. What would you think of the first African American President Colin Powell, and a Republican at that? How cool?!

Role models? For the African American community? Don't make me hurl my bran muffin.

And Powell would run this country into the ground, being the hypocrite that he is. It all comes back to the Powell Doctrine.

Old 07-31-2004, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd
I certainly would. Sharpton is a man who stands up for his beliefs, no matter how unpopular, and he's the epitome of stregth. He's a great man.

You don't seem to know a heckuva lot about Powell, though. Typical Republican.