Asexual 3 4.76%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2007, 01:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Straight...
Loving wife, and 2 great kids!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Its a lot easier said than done. If I came out tomorrow at school it would just be disastrous. I am a very quiet person in real life. I am VERY shy and I hate talking in front of people. I try to make sure everyone likes me. I really hate that I have to hold this in, but I just don't have the guts. I wish there was never any hate towards us. Its REALLY uncomfortable sometimes. I don't know what my friends would do. Thats a whole other story.
Take a deep breath and know you are not alone.
You will find out very quickly who loves you and who your REAL FRIENDS are.
Be glad you found out..now you can focus on strengthening the bonds you have with the people who really do care about you. Think of how free you will be to truly be yourself for the first time. It will only be "disastrous"..if you THINK it will be. You will create it. People get how to treat you..from you.
I wish there would never be any hate towards anyone too. There is also something called self hatred which is actually the worst of all. It keeps people shy and in the corner worrying about what everyone one will do, think and say..while your life slips slowly by....
People in this world need you. We need you to love yourself so that you can be the change. Be the change you want to create. Everytime one of us..gets that..you pave the way for some other kid in a corner...who thinks he can't either. Things are never as "disastrous" as the pictures we paint in our own minds about worst case scenarios. What if you actually became the person you were brought here to be?

Last edited by BlackWidow; 02-26-2007 at 11:53 AM..
Old 02-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post
Actually, I think it goes:

1. The Ledge
2. Walt Disney World
3. San Francisco
Old 02-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Straight here.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Its a lot easier said than done. If I came out tomorrow at school it would just be disastrous. I am a very quiet person in real life. I am VERY shy and I hate talking in front of people. I try to make sure everyone likes me. I really hate that I have to hold this in, but I just don't have the guts. I wish there was never any hate towards us. Its REALLY uncomfortable sometimes. I don't know what my friends would do. Thats a whole other story.
Straight here. Hope this story helps alittle. I had a longtime friend "come out" to a group of friends and it was kinda funny (now). He hinted that he had something very important to tell us and didn't know how. (He had been married had a kid, divorced...etc). He said he would tell us later. We had no idea what it was. We asked each other if anyone had any idea what was going on, and no one did. He seemed so serious. When he finally told us he was gay, we all sat there and said and?..... He said that was it. We were like. That's it? THANK GOD! we thought you had cancer or were dying or something! It was the biggest "no big deal" big deal he had to go through. He was petrified after knowing each of us for over 20 years on how we would react. None of us could care less. In fact we started teasing him by pointing out cute guys. "Now that you're single how about that guy?" It changed absolutly nothing with these friends.

So your true friends will always be your friends, If they bail on you over this, you don't need them.

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^
That is a great story...! I'm glad that there are guys like you and your friends out there who aren't macho assholes about the whole thing.

And your story reminded me of Steel Magnolias...there's a scene in which Clairee is telling the story of how her nephew came out to his parents...

"Marshall walks in and without even a hello he says mom and dad I have something to tell you, I have a brain tumor, I have six months to live. Well naturally Drew and Belle became hysterical, then he says - Hey folks I'm only kidding...I'm just gay!"
Old 02-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
^
That is a great story...! I'm glad that there are guys like you and your friends out there who aren't macho assholes about the whole thing.

And your story reminded me of Steel Magnolias...there's a scene in which Clairee is telling the story of how her nephew came out to his parents...

"Marshall walks in and without even a hello he says mom and dad I have something to tell you, I have a brain tumor, I have six months to live. Well naturally Drew and Belle became hysterical, then he says - Hey folks I'm only kidding...I'm just gay!"

I may get boooed for this but..... I have never seen that movie. *ducks*

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss View Post
look out. deanna can quote that movie line for line.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh I figured, which is why I wrote out the scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud
look out. deanna can quote that movie line for line.
I think I'm getting rusty...I couldn't remember some of the exact wording in the above exchange...my life is sad.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Straight here. Hope this story helps alittle. I had a longtime friend "come out" to a group of friends and it was kinda funny (now). He hinted that he had something very important to tell us and didn't know how. (He had been married had a kid, divorced...etc). He said he would tell us later. We had no idea what it was. We asked each other if anyone had any idea what was going on, and no one did. He seemed so serious. When he finally told us he was gay, we all sat there and said and?..... He said that was it. We were like. That's it? THANK GOD! we thought you had cancer or were dying or something! It was the biggest "no big deal" big deal he had to go through. He was petrified after knowing each of us for over 20 years on how we would react. None of us could care less. In fact we started teasing him by pointing out cute guys. "Now that you're single how about that guy?" It changed absolutly nothing with these friends.

So your true friends will always be your friends, If they bail on you over this, you don't need them.
so true ... my point exactly. this generation has been primed to be the most accepting of any generation thus far. ride the wave. make a difference.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Straight ......... married for 7 years if that counts, too.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I have a feeling you'd prefer 'The Czech Is In The Male.'