User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-28-2018, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
BUT Glenn died, not fired by some bitter hag. That's a huge difference in fans appreciating the band!
Absolutely! And that’s why I have my Eagles tickets for this summer but won’t be giving this group of miserable jerks my money. And again, not Campbell or Finn. Innocent bystanders on this poorly written soap opera.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:46 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
The two interviewers talk afterwards and one says:

"I think the Eagles tour, i think that showed them.. a huge amount here. that.. when glenn frey first died.. Don Henley said, "ah... we can't tour agin, that would be pure greed that would be insanity"... but.. they did. They brought in Vince Gill and they're playing stadiums. And.. as long as the songs are played, and enough people are there.... as long as Stevie Nicks is on stage and they're playing the hits, I think most people are not gonna care, crazily enough."
That's the unfortunate truth, the tour will sell But I won't be supporting it. That's enough for my conscience. What other people do is irrelevant now to me. Not my wallet the band is fleecing!
Old 04-28-2018, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie didn't want to record and they didn't fire HER!!!! End of argument. shes the WORST and the whole thing is not fair.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Stevie spent the 4-5 days before Mick officially called Mike convincing him and then John that she was serious about quitting the band rather than still working with Lindsey. "It's me or him" and I don't think she meant just the tour.

I think the use of "muscle memory" is weird..... like, you'd expect it if he said, "It all was too reminiscent of things in the past" or something. Is he using the word "muscle" to imply there was a physical element to whatever happened?? I would doubt it was someone hitting someone else or something like that, but maybe throwing a guitar??
Old 04-28-2018, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
And Stevie trying to lecture Chris on who wrote Station Man? Good lord. Maybe Stevie is on something new ...
There was a moment when Christine almost let her exasperation show when she quietly interjected "it was three of us" (Danny, Jeremy and herself on backing vocals) when talking about Station Man. Maybe Stevie had forgotten the excellent mix of three voices that had sung this version of the song, on which someone else sings the lead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcjOwU0V-d8

I hope it makes into the set but I suspect it might get quietly dropped. Its opening is weirdly prescient of the Chain. There are better choices from the post-Peter pre B/N era to go for.

This mutation of Fleetwood Mac is going to have my interest but is going to have to earn my support, and above all record something, as much of an insult to Lindsey as that would be. I'm not sure I'm going to want to be at a gig of theirs with thousands of casual fans who may not know or care of the ins and outs of all this.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
What in the world is Mick saying? I don't understand a word of it. He said he is not hedging around, but he refuses to say in definite terms what happened. "Muscle memory of not being hugely fun"? WTH does that mean?

That's what happens when you lie and you want to pretend you're being candid.
Basically he’s saying they’re all tired of Lindsey’s snapping at everything. He’s trying to make it sound as if it was a collective decision when we know it was an ultimatum courtesy of Ms Nicks.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-28-2018, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie if you are not the boss in this band, and go along with the majority, why didn’t you freaking record you lying witch?
Old 04-28-2018, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

why does Stevie want to do the 1975 set list? Their voices are not the same. Hers especially. And I guess her comments about Station Man have to do with onstage. Everything for Stevie is about onstage. Yes, Chris sang on the 1975 tour Station Man with Stevie and Lindsey backing her up. But she didn't write the song or originally sing it on record. I'm really upset with Stevie. I have been a fan of hers since 1975 and I really became disenchanted when Chris rejoined and suddenly Stevie doesn't want to go back into the studio to do an album. It's all about raking in the money on tour, singing the same old songs over and over. Done with that. I won't be seeing the new Mac on this tour. I just can't.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 04-28-2018, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
There was a moment when Christine almost let her exasperation show when she quietly interjected "it was three of us" (Danny, Jeremy and herself on backing vocals) when talking about Station Man. Maybe Stevie had forgotten the excellent mix of three voices that had sung this version of the song, on which someone else sings the lead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcjOwU0V-d8

I hope it makes into the set but I suspect it might get quietly dropped. Its opening is weirdly prescient of the Chain. There are better choices from the post-Peter pre B/N era to go for.

This mutation of Fleetwood Mac is going to have my interest but is going to have to earn my support, and above all record something, as much of an insult to Lindsey as that would be. I'm not sure I'm going to want to be at a gig of theirs with thousands of casual fans who may not know or care of the ins and outs of all this.
I'm willing to bet Stevie keeps bringing up Station Man because the only early Mac stuff she knows is the stuff she's performed at some point, and she remembers harmonizing with Christine on it in 1975. However, since she hasn't listened to it in 40 years, she forgot that Lindsey actually sang lead on it when they performed it.

That's my theory, anyway.

Old 04-28-2018, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The interviewer asks how long ago the split happened. They say after Musicares. At one point Stevie says she left for Maui on Feb 4.

The interviewer says, "Prior to that you, you thought the tour was going to be WITH Lindsey?"

Mick starts to say "Well, we, we didn't know we.." and Chris says "Yes" somewhat emphatically. And Mick just keeps continuing: "... had a tour. That was, that was... is..is... part of, of... you know....the 'problem' in terms of where it became a, a, a total impasse. 4 of us... had, had to come to a decision....where we'd planned to be doing uh... a large...you know a huge, lovely, FM tour... and, and Lindsey-- for sure-- had very different opinions about when that should start. And....would.... the whole thing without belaboring it... was, was percolating in a way that was not....was NOT ok... for... the majority of the band, in terms of, of knowing that we were gonna... go on tour, and he had, uh.... for whatever reasons, and Lindsey will, I'm sure, will address it in terms of, of a project he was working on, but it's not about "oh, what, what do you mean...why, why couldn't you wait?" and all that stuff. We planned on doing what we were doing for a long, long time, and... majority rules in terms of what we needed to do as a band, and go forward and, and it, it literally hit a brick wall, uh, after the show, and, and, Fleetwood Mac, it's no..you're sitting there, you're very conversant with the...the strange animal known as 'Fleetwood Mac', and..... really... a lot of other sensibilities... uh, came into... play, where it just wasn't a happy situation... and we... made that decision that we were gonna part company."

Interviewer: so the biggest issue was scheduling the tour... is that how you?.. is that what happened, Stevie, that was the big issue?

And she goes into the June vs November thing

Interviewer "and that's what..."

And she goes into doing her tour, and all that.....schedules. etc..
Old 04-28-2018, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The interviewer asks how long ago the split happened. They say after Musicares. At one point Stevie says she left for Maui on Feb 4.

The interviewer says, "Prior to that you, you thought the tour was going to be WITH Lindsey?"

Mick starts to say "Well, we, we didn't know we.." and Chris says "Yes" somewhat emphatically. And Mick just keeps continuing: "... had a tour. That was, that was... is..is... part of, of... you know....the 'problem' in terms of where it became a, a, a total impasse. 4 of us... had, had to come to a decision....where we'd planned to be doing uh... a large...you know a huge, lovely, FM tour... and, and Lindsey-- for sure-- had very different opinions about when that should start. And....would.... the whole thing without belaboring it... was, was percolating in a way that was not....was NOT ok... for... the majority of the band, in terms of, of knowing that we were gonna... go on tour, and he had, uh.... for whatever reasons, and Lindsey will, I'm sure, will address it in terms of, of a project he was working on, but it's not about "oh, what, what do you mean...why, why couldn't you wait?" and all that stuff. We planned on doing what we were doing for a long, long time, and... majority rules in terms of what we needed to do as a band, and go forward and, and it, it literally hit a brick wall, uh, after the show, and, and, Fleetwood Mac, it's no..you're sitting there, you're very conversant with the...the strange animal known as 'Fleetwood Mac', and..... really... a lot of other sensibilities... uh, came into... play, where it just wasn't a happy situation... and we... made that decision that we were gonna part company."

Interviewer: so the biggest issue was scheduling the tour... is that how you?.. is that what happened, Stevie, that was the big issue?

And she goes into the June vs November thing

Interviewer "and that's what..."

And she goes into doing her tour, and all that.....schedules. etc..

The commentary by the interviewer and the other guy throughout the cutouts from the band interview and at the end says it all - no questions were answered and it was weird af the whole time. Mick made no sense...literally rambling and making it up/trying to remember his script on the fly. Stevie just steamrolled over everyone else whenever anyone would try to talk. I find the two of them to be obnoxious a-holes. The McVie's are a little less but they're still going along with this crap.

The bottom line is it's okay for 4/5 of the band to want to record but get halted and have to release it and tour under a brand new moniker (Buckingham McVie). And even though I don't believe half of the sh** they're shoveling, if you do go with what the band is saying and 4/5 have some idea of when/what a tour should be, they can just fire the 1/5 who is holding out and move on with replacements. They should have released that album as Fleetwood Mac and toured that way too but none of them would be willing to have the balls needed to push the album and tour sans Stevie.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Mick starts to say "Well, we, we didn't know we.." and Chris says "Yes" somewhat emphatically. And Mick just keeps continuing: "... had a tour. That was, that was... is..is... part of, of... you know....the 'problem' in terms of where it became a, a, a total impasse. 4 of us... had, had to come to a decision....where we'd planned to be doing uh... a large...you know a huge, lovely, FM tour... and, and Lindsey-- for sure-- had very different opinions about when that should start. .
that's interesting.

i believe Lindsey said to those fans in the video, in the part that's not captured (they can correct me if i got it wrong), that FM tour is set to start in August 2018, and behaved like he's unhappy but resigned to it, because he was hoping to push the start towards later.

yet, now we see the start 2 months later, in October. wonder what happened? did some of the big east coast markets pull out and decided to wait for the 2nd leg and see how this new thing goes first? and so now they CAN start 2 months later than what they were pushing with Lindsey, originally?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-28-2018, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
that's interesting.

i believe Lindsey said to those fans in the video, in the part that's not captured (they can correct me if i got it wrong), that FM tour is set to start in August 2018, and behaved like he's unhappy but resigned to it, because he was hoping to push the start towards later.

yet, now we see the start 2 months later, in October. wonder what happened? did some of the big east coast markets pull out and decided to wait for the 2nd leg and see how this new thing goes first? and so now they CAN start 2 months later than what they were pushing with Lindsey, originally?
That would certainly all add up. It is very odd to see Nyc, Boston and Philly not until 6 months into the tour. Them initially being in August and September fits like a glove.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-28-2018, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

another interesting part of the interview, when SN is asked how does she feel about touring without LB, considering she has such long history with him.

after going to the whole Fritz and BN story, she finally arrives to the personal relationship, and characterizes it as her only being with him for the music. that as a couple their relationship was never really good and always volatile. the word love never enters her description. i found that striking, considering their WY intro from 2013, when he would always say how much he loved her, and that one time in Germany when she interjected because she doesn't like the package deal thing, he asked her - you loved me too? and i believe she says yes, i loved you too (and goes into moons and stars sowing on his jeans). i find that interesting, that his story always has love when talking about their relationship as a couple. hers now only basically has the Landslide story - i was with this guy for the music, he was gonna get me places.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-28-2018, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
another interesting part of the interview, when SN is asked how does she feel about touring without LB, considering she has such long history with him.

after going to the whole Fritz and BN story, she finally arrives to the personal relationship, and characterizes it as her only being with him for the music. that as a couple their relationship was never really good and always volatile. the word love never enters her description. i found that striking, considering their WY intro from 2013, when he would always say how much he loved her, and that one time in Germany when she interjected because she doesn't like the package deal thing, he asked her - you loved me too? and i believe she says yes, i loved you too (and goes into moons and stars sowing on his jeans). i find that interesting, that his story always has love when talking about their relationship as a couple. hers now only basically has the Landslide story - i was with this guy for the music, he was gonna get me places.
On her last solo tour in Columbus, I think, when she dedicated Landslide to him she basically said she decided to stay with him because he was her ticket to better things. I found it odd because all the BN shippers I know were “awwww” and I was like: “when did she say she stayed because she loved him?”
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.