User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-25-2007, 02:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
Wow, your voice must be really, really high. I thought I was a squeeker.
only dogs can hear me
Old 03-25-2007, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
i would like to testify to sparky's virile voice

Agenda free response.

I have moments I wish I had a higher voice. Then I could not lower the parts on, oh, Bella Donna, to sing them. As it is, SYW voice is more my speed and a near strain. Except Destiny Rules, that is.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Agenda free response.

I have moments I wish I had a higher voice. Then I could not lower the parts on, oh, Bella Donna, to sing them. As it is, SYW voice is more my speed and a near strain. Except Destiny Rules, that is.
what is your range? mine is e below middle c to c above middle c, but sometimes that is a stretch. it's actually pretty close to stevie's range in the 70's, but my voice is a lot less ... willowy? i dunno. i feel like i have a really short range. when i sing petty, i wish it were lower.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Agenda free response.

I'own't have an agenda, that's just the only thing I remember from our convo.
True, very. I think we just talked about random crap, so in that I only remember I was suprised by the highness of your voice. I appreciate you trying to ascribe alterior evil motives to me, though. It implies that I'm clever enough to do that, and that for some reason I would care to do that. When in reality I have no memory of it, and have tried to hold grudges, or remember slights, before, but have no real ability to do so. Admittedly, I have tried to be vengeful, and remember things before, and have vowed to do so - but it has never, ever worked. I can't think of anything to do that isn't too mean, and also I forget any anger I have ever had within about five minutes of having it. Then I love the person again, and whatever they do fades, and I love them, cause I did before, anyways. Hey, I'm easy.
It would be nice if I could hold onto any kind of bad feelings, but I can't. I just remember that it was really fun to talk to you, and that I wished you'd called me again, and that your voice was high and I was suprised. Damn my seive like brain!!! Not the first time someone thought I was more evil than I could ever (remember) to be, though. It hurts, and isn't me, cause I really can't do that. Even if I try. But, it's fine. No big. Misunderstood is my middle name. I still love Sparks, and have fond memories. Long live your high voice.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 03-25-2007 at 02:30 AM..
Old 03-25-2007, 02:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
what is your range? mine is e below middle c to c above middle c, but sometimes that is a stretch. it's actually pretty close to stevie's range in the 70's, but my voice is a lot less ... willowy? i dunno. i feel like i have a really short range. when i sing petty, i wish it were lower.

It's from g an octave below middle c (like on the low guitar string) to g right above middle c. Basically the root and top note of a G chord on a guitar. But that G isn't always pretty. F# is the last good note before straining. If I quit smoking it would be better.

Don't worry, your voice will get lower. And don't bitch! You have a beautiful singing voice. I'm like Bon Jovi at the end of a tour these days.

But deeper.

Old 03-25-2007, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's from g an octave below middle c (like on the low guitar string) to g right above middle c. Basically the root and top note of a G chord on a guitar. But that G isn't always pretty. F# is the last good note before straining. If I quit smoking it would be better.
so you've got a full two octaves? or an octave and a major seventh? that's pretty good.

Quote:
Don't worry, your voice will get lower. And don't bitch! You have a beautiful singing voice.
thanks! i'm not really bitching, but it would be nice to be able to since zombie zoo all the way through without modifying. i could do it now, but only because this cold has dropped my voice about an octave. i sound like bea arthur.

Quote:
I'm like Bon Jovi at the end of a tour these days.

But deeper.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Nice. Take Swipes, then not respond. Loves it. How very passive aggressive. Agenda-ish, really. Gotta say, way more clever and premeditated than I would never know how to be. Hats off.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 03-25-2007 at 02:47 AM..
Old 03-25-2007, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nice. Take Swipes, then not respond. Loves it. How very passive aggressive. Agenda-ish, really. Gotta say, way more clever and premeditated than I would never know how to be. Hats off.
you did not just accuse someone else of being passive aggressive!
Old 03-25-2007, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
so you've got a full two octaves? or an octave and a major seventh? that's pretty good.
Ah, it's no big whoop. Its always that last two notes that fukcs up a song.
Ask Stevie.

Quote:
thanks! i'm not really bitching, but it would be nice to be able to since zombie zoo all the way through without modifying. i could do it now, but only because this cold has dropped my voice about an octave. i sound like bea arthur.
God's gonna get you for that Arthur.

TP is good range wise, cause he is screechy on the top notes too. He just used to howl really well. And sings completely through his nose.
I can do "The Waiting" in the original key, and that shocked the hell outta me.

Quote:
Totally. Hold the mic to the audience for the chorus of Livin on a Prayer. Even when it is lowered 3 steps.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you did not just accuse someone else of being passive aggressive!
Why not? You got something to say? Just cause I do it sometimes, don't mean no one else does it. I'm just confused about the energy going on, and would prefer to have it direct. Cause it seems like something is going on that I don't know about. But that is affecting me. Really PM's would be preferable, ie, if you got some problem, PM me about it.
If someone is going to swipe, I'd prefer to take it up directly, and address anyone's problem with me. Especially people who, until this moment, I adored and thought were my friends, ie you and Spark. Hey, maybe I'm crazy that way. I just don't deal well with subversiveness. Even when I am passive aggressive, I tell the truth about it within about four seconds. Which you know is true. I don't deal under the radar, I rarely have emotions, thoughts, or opinions that I don't say. Even if I change my mind real fast, I tell people that I changed my mind. Even if I passive aggressive someone, I tell them that I did so very much sooner rather than later. And more often than not, I apologize profusely for my misdeeds. Which I think you know. Likely within the hour, if not the half hour, if not in 10 minutes.
But if you two, who I previously adored, and thought were my friend, have some problem, then I'd rather have you say so, and go on from there, like I would, than this BS. Because I don't want to like someone who doesn't like me, and I don't want someone to tippy toe around something they want to say to me, if there is a problem, I would rather address it outright. If you don't want to talk to me, or don't like me, or whatever your deal is, I would rather know now than endure sideswipes for reasons I know not, because I can't fight something I don't know about. Or ignore it. Or whatever I want to do. Either way, honesty is preferred by me. None of this pussy non confronting subversive bully stuff. Nuh uh.
okay? Clear enough?

Last edited by amber; 03-25-2007 at 03:25 AM..
Old 03-25-2007, 03:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And complete with editing as the ideas change! Pot, Kettle, Black.

Not arguing, as the responses contain the answers. Until edited out, anyway. With nice little digs at the end! Nicely done. I didn't even have to do the work myself. Just gotta give enough time and rope, I suppose.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And complete with editing as the ideas change! Pot, Kettle, Black.

Not arguing, as the responses contain the answers. Until edited out, anyway. With nice little digs at the end! Nicely done. I didn't even have to do the work myself. Just gotta give enough time and rope, I suppose.
I didn't edit one word. Oh, wait, you're right, I added something. Something that explained even more my feelings, the ones I put in the first place. I basically expounded on my original point. Hardly an editing offense, or trying to hide anything, I would say. I'm sorry if I get new ideas rapidly. I'm not trying to trick anyone. I just type too fast.
Again, you got a problem, tell me. Cause it seems you gotta big problem, which I only just learned about right now.
And, yo, mostly the reason otherwise that I edit is because I say things too fast, don't give them much thought, and so usually have more to say to make things clearer. So, I have diahreah of the mouth/typing fingers. Sue me. I don't have subversive alterior motives, I simply talk to fast, out loud. I don't pause and think about what I'm saying all the time. I'm too honest right away. Fine, make fun, I have the fault of not pre editing, of being too forthright about what I say. Sue me. I don't feel bad, I just feel too honest. Which isn't wise, but is still me. And sometimes when I do edit, it's because I realize that what I said may hurt someone's feelings. Yes, it's bad that I say whatever I think right away, but to me, it's better than...not being honest. We all have flaws. Mine are just more evident than others. But, I'm proud to say, anything bad I do, that's the worst it gets. There's no worse things lurking underneath that I am hiding. In fact, there is nicer things lurking underneath. Way nicer. So, f*cking bring it, because I hate suddenly realizing, for reasons I don't know, that someone I thought was my friend, and liked me, actually doesn't at all, and feels the need to sideswipe me without ever directly addressing me with what they have a problem with. Because that means that that person doesn't actually want to solve a problem, but would rather just sit and be cruel to someone who doesn't know what is going on. Someone who'd they'd been friends with for the past few years, someone who has extolled their virtues many a time. Someone who loved them. So, bring it now, cause I don't want to waste any more love. People that I've just talked to about losing pets, and highschool experiences. There's nothing I can do if, within a few days, suddenly you don't like me. But for god's sake, just say it. I don't to sit and have tears and wonder that my recent most very best ledge friends don't like me. I want them to say it, so I can move on. It's only polite.
I don't like some people, but by god if I haven't directly just told those people how I feel.

Last edited by amber; 03-25-2007 at 03:48 AM..
Old 03-25-2007, 03:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why not?
it's almost 5 here, i've been up since 7. coherence is pretty much my enemy right now, but i'm going to try.

i tried, i got nothing. except that to say that anything i've said is "premeditated" is ridiculous, unless you count my sitting here and staring at the keys premeditation.

and since we're discussing passive aggressiveness, were your comments that sparky doesn't like you enough to call you a second time and that he has a high voice intended passive aggressive? if not, then that just illustrates how easily things can be misinterpreted on les internetz.

Last edited by carrie721; 03-25-2007 at 03:52 AM.. Reason: had to fix my franglish article
Old 03-25-2007, 04:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it's almost 5 here, i've been up since 7. coherence is pretty much my enemy right now, but i'm going to try.

i tried, i got nothing. except that to say that anything i've said is "premeditated" is ridiculous, unless you count my sitting here and staring at the keys premeditation.

and since we're discussing passive aggressiveness, were your comments that sparky doesn't like you enough to call you a second time and that he has a high voice intended passive aggressive? if not, then that just illustrates how easily things can be misinterpreted on les internetz.
Meh, maybe. He does have a high voice. Which isn't a flaw, so...I don't see the problem. It's like if someone said they noticed my feet are big. And it really is all I remembered from our convo. I also remember that Strand's and Tower's voices were higher than I expected.
And I didn't ever really care that he didn't call me again, I was friends with him for about 2 years after that, we talked and everything, lots. it was a joke. I wouldn't have thought he didn't like me enough, cause we talked extensively after. Like, for years.
And I didn't say anything you said was premeditated. i said that I was not capable of premeditation. Wait, actually I don't rememember, I don't want to be called out if I said "Carrie, you say premeditated things" I just remember my intent now, which was to say that someone said I had an agenda, and that I am nearly incapable of premeditated agendas.
The only thing that caused me to say anything were subsequent comments. And like I says before, if you have problems, say so. Preferably PM. And I only says so, because it seems like someone does have some problems. If not, then, fine. Then I will expect no more sideswipes. I think I get the gist of the energy, now, though, and it's base. Which is good cause now I know, and that's all I wanted. Like I says before, I don't want to be thinking that someone feels some way about me, when really, they feel a whole different way. I don't like people to pretend, or be nice to me and talk to me when they don't really like me. Cause I wouldn't talk to or pretend to be nice to someone I didn't like.

Last edited by amber; 03-25-2007 at 04:18 AM..
Old 03-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm wondering:

a. what my vocal range is
b. when the "wearing" thread got really threadjacked
c. if Amber thought/thinks my voice is higher or lower than she imagined (cause I feel left out)

but then, I guess all this really belongs in the "thinking" thread..