The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It seems weird that she'd only do "Don't Stop" and not also "World Turning".

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It seems weird that she'd only do "Don't Stop" and not also "World Turning".
Agreed. She should do WT too, though I just have a feeling she's happier behind the keyboard for Don't Stop than she is up-front with the maracas.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
Agreed. She should do WT too, though I just have a feeling she's happier behind the keyboard for Don't Stop than she is up-front with the maracas.
I've got a feeling they'll do WT. I just feel it.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-18-2013, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the photo in your signature. These two look great!! Did FM really rehearse "Hold Me"? Was that announced? That would really be a shocker to hear. I mean, I don't think I included that one in the poll I made for which Christine song we would most likely want to hear (well, besides "World Turning" and "Don't Stop"). I was convinced "Everywhere" was likely due to its popularity. This is so exciting...I wish I was in London for the concerts.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know for sure, but I don't think Gavin Brown means they rehearsed Hold Me with Christine. Just that they'd considered doing it in the past.

Michele
Old 09-19-2013, 01:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
I love the photo in your signature. These two look great!! Did FM really rehearse "Hold Me"? Was that announced? That would really be a shocker to hear. I mean, I don't think I included that one in the poll I made for which Christine song we would most likely want to hear (well, besides "World Turning" and "Don't Stop"). I was convinced "Everywhere" was likely due to its popularity. This is so exciting...I wish I was in London for the concerts.
Thanks. Was supposed to add a photo from The Dance, but Christine does not look happy in the majority of the photos.

I took that to mean they rehearsed it for the tour. Not necessarily with Christine. Wish they capitalized on Everywhere as well, maybe with a video of the moonwalking pony.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmm... the Daily Telegraph thinks Chris will join for GYOW...probably just conjecture, though...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...s-of-rock.html

Quote:
Admittedly, as reunions go it’s fairly perfunctory. McVie won’t accompany the tour beyond London, apparently down to her fear of flying, and she will only join her former band mates on stage for one song. That the number will be Go Your Own Way, however, does sound like the band at least have a sense of humour.
And yet, it could sort of make sense.... bring her on to sit in and have do not much more than dab her hands over the keys to ease her, in whilst Stevie and Lindsey do the heavy lifting.. and then bring her back for WT and DS as the encores (the "couple of duets" Christine was talking about). We'll have to wait and see...
Old 09-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yah, i didn't mean they rehearsed Hold Me with Christine...I am fairly certain I remember there being an article where Mick mentioned they rehearsed it for this tour (obviously, it didn't make the cut).
Old 09-19-2013, 03:27 PM

I remember that too somewhat..
Old 09-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinBrown View Post
Yah, i didn't mean they rehearsed Hold Me with Christine...I am fairly certain I remember there being an article where Mick mentioned they rehearsed it for this tour (obviously, it didn't make the cut).
Was it for this tour or Unleashed? I thought they tried out You Make Loving Fun but it didn't work.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Was it for this tour or Unleashed? I thought they tried out You Make Loving Fun but it didn't work.
They tried YMLF for the 2003 tour. You can see it on the DR documentary, if you freeze-frame the scene where it shows their rehearsal song list.

I thought they tried Hold Me for the 2009 tour but it didn't work.

Given what Lindsey recently said about not trying to replicate Chris' presence on stage, I don't think they wold have tried any of her stuff other than WT and Don't Stop this time. I seem to recall he even admitted that SYLM on the 09 tour didn't really work...
Old 09-19-2013, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
They tried YMLF for the 2003 tour. You can see it on the DR documentary, if you freeze-frame the scene where it shows their rehearsal song list.

I thought they tried Hold Me for the 2009 tour but it didn't work.

Given what Lindsey recently said about not trying to replicate Chris' presence on stage, I don't think they wold have tried any of her stuff other than WT and Don't Stop this time. I seem to recall he even admitted that SYLM on the 09 tour didn't really work...
except that she was with them in LA rehearsals, and they knew she was going to join them in the UK, so they would have the real thing. no need to replicate.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-19-2013, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
except that she was with them in LA rehearsals, and they knew she was going to join them in the UK, so they would have the real thing. no need to replicate.
For two appearances I doubt they'd have bothered, given their mindset, rehearsing a song they couldn't get right live 30 years ago. However, I reckon they might've tried Everywhere again, just for Chris' appearances, given its sudden re-entry into the UK/iTunes charts recently. I liked the way they did it on The Dance tour...
Old 09-19-2013, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I liked the way they did Everywhere too. It had a great sound and groove---so much better than recorded versions from the Tango in the Night tour when Stevie had an unnecessary vocal. It was a shame they didn't have enough time to master an updated version of Little Lies, too...I would've loved to hear that, with Lindsey performing.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When was the last time we saw Stevie sleeveless, without shoulder pads? 1996? Those arms are not looking all that flabby at all. She looks taller and has more of a neck without the stupid shoulder pads