Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you do know i love you, right?
Indeed I do!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She was extremely upset that Lindsey was holding Christine's hand much longer than hers. She ran out of the studio and the other members have been trying to get her back since. She was last seen trying to get Don Henley back.

Looks like she's trying to take advantage of the fact that "Leather & Lace" has just been ranked #3 on RS 20 "Greatest Duets Of All Time"...
Old 04-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
yes that quote really upsets me, for some reason. because 6 months ago, Christine was saying that she had 3 almost finished songs, and a few more in rough demo phase. so either they are going backwards on her songs, or it almost seems like an excuse for something else going on.
Christine's the straightest-shooter in Fleetwood Mac. I highly doubt she'd be making excuses for Stevie or anyone. Besides, we don't know to what degree those songs were "almost finished." They may have needed more work than we'd all assumed. Additionally, the band always demos and/or records more songs than they need. So they're not going to stop at just three of Christine's songs.

I'd like to repeat something that I've pointed out before -- Lindsey didn't say or imply that Stevie isn't on board with recording. He said that the logistics of "when" hadn't yet been worked out. So there's really no need for any of us to jump to conclusions regarding Stevie's commitment to the band.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Christine's the straightest-shooter in Fleetwood Mac. I highly doubt she'd be making excuses for Stevie or anyone. Besides, we don't know to what degree those songs were "almost finished." They may have needed more work than we'd all assumed. Additionally, the band always demos and/or records more songs than they need. So they're not going to stop at just three of Christine's songs.

I'd like to repeat something that I've pointed out before -- Lindsey didn't say or imply that Stevie isn't on board with recording. He said that the logistics of "when" hadn't yet been worked out. So there's really no need for any of us to jump to conclusions regarding Stevie's commitment to the band.
hope you are right. you are much more optimistic than i am, at this point. in this day and age, i don't see any reasons for them not to finish that album before the tour, if they are all on board.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-10-2014, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Not just "when" but also "how". Lest we make it sound like simply a scheduling issue. She doesn't know how she wants to record with the band. It does seem like to some extent she's not on board. Not with the concept of recording a new album, but like they haven't yet agreed on terms regarding the recording that are satisfactory to her.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 04-10-2014 at 10:31 PM..
Old 04-10-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post

Looks like she's trying to take advantage of the fact that "Leather & Lace" has just been ranked #3 on RS 20 "Greatest Duets Of All Time"...
Too funny. And I listened to, Bella Donna, this morning.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Not just "when" but also "how". Lest we make it sound like simply a scheduling issue. She doesn't know how she wants to record with the band.
yup.

you can read between my lines.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-10-2014, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
hope you are right. you are much more optimistic than i am, at this point. in this day and age, i don't see any reasons for them not to finish that album before the tour, if they are all on board.
I'd be thrilled if they had an album ready by September, but I never expected a new album that quickly. Historically, Fleetwood Mac works much slower than that.

Plus, this time around, there are other factors. First and foremost, I'm sure they probably need to move at a more relaxed pace for John. It's obvious from the Today Show appearance and the various photographs, that he's still in a weakened condition. My brother is half John's age and has been finished with his chemo treatments since the middle of February, and he still tires out very easily. So it's probably not a good idea for John to spend four months in the studio, then two months rehearsing, and then another four or five months on the road.

A little recording here & there is probably the healthiest way to approach this.

That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they complete one classic-sounding track, and release it to iTunes just before they hit the road. To whet everyone's appetite in the lead-up to the full album.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Not just "when" but also "how". Lest we make it sound like simply a scheduling issue. She doesn't know how she wants to record with the band. It does seem like to some extent she's not on board. Not with the concept of recording a new album, but that they haven't yet agreed on terms regarding the recording that are satisfactory to her.
Fair enough -- but that "how" could mean nothing more than whether she wants to record at The Village or in her own home. That's not the same as not being on board.

My main point remains: There was no "if" in Lindsey's comments regarding Stevie recording with the band.

Quite frankly, I think that if the band didn't already have some kind of commitment from Stevie before they entered the studio, they wouldn't have even bothered.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd be thrilled if they had an album ready by September, but I never expected a new album that quickly. Historically, Fleetwood Mac works much slower than that.
i can't remember why, but i had a distinct impression the plan was to have the album finished before the tour.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
i can't remember why, but i had a distinct impression the plan was to have the album finished before the tour.
I don't remember anyone in the band ever saying that. I think, like many things, that was just an assumption on our part.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they complete one classic-sounding track, and release it to iTunes just before they hit the road. To whet everyone's appetite in the lead-up to the full album.
i thought that already happened. it was called Extended Play.

i guess the same as greatest hits tour would happen only once. and then the 2nd time. and now the 3rd time. whetting the appetite can happen just one time. and then another. and then they'll all be 80 and on walkers. and there will be no album.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
i thought that already happened. it was called Extended Play.

i guess the same as greatest hits tour would happen only once. and then the 2nd time. and now the 3rd time. whetting the appetite can happen just one time. and then another. and then they'll all be 80 and on walkers. and there will be no album.
Well, I was referring to a new song with Christine -- the hit-maker -- singing lead.

Really, with Chris back in the band, they've pretty much hit the reset button on all of this. Look at how well last year's tour did, and yet people are still falling all over themselves to get tickets for this year's tour. And I'm not just talking about die-hards. This is being viewed as an "event." In the same way, any new song -- with all five "classic" members -- is going to get way more attention than "Sad Angel" did.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=BlueDenimLamp;1125991]Leno retired where have you been? And yes BMI is honoring Stevie as a BMI ICON and yes Stevie has every right to enjoy her current status......

Whoops meant Fallon.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Fair enough -- but that "how" could mean nothing more than whether she wants to record at The Village or in her own home. That's not the same as not being on board.

My main point remains: There was no "if" in Lindsey's comments regarding Stevie recording with the band.

Quite frankly, I think that if the band didn't already have some kind of commitment from Stevie before they entered the studio, they wouldn't have even bothered.
Well they bothered to record six songs of Lindsey's without any commitment from Stevie last year so...

Also Stevie could absolutely be in the studio giving her input to (Christine's) the songs if she wanted to. This is a "band" after all.