User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Mick said in his book it was about him arriving in his black Cadillac.
This just keeps getting better and better... Sara is about Mick pulling up in his big black Cadillac while he is singing (and maybe even Sara was in the passenger seat, hence the name...)

Wait a minute...I thought fan fiction wasn't allowed on the board?!
Old 10-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After Stevie said that there were about 3 or 4 men in Sara, including Mick, she also said her friend Sara was in it. But later she said it wasn't about Sara Recor:

"Sara is sort of the life and times of Fleetwood Mac during Tusk. Sara is sort of what happened in the beginning of the recording of Tusk to the end. I do have a girlfriend whose name is Sara and is very sweet who would like to think that Sara is about her, but knowing that it's not, she just tells everybody this when I'm not around. It's about Fleetwood Mac. I'm Sara, Mick is Sara, Lindsey is Sara, Chris is Sara, John is Sara, Sara is Sara. I just use that name to tell what happens in Sara and you have to realize that there is another sixteen minutes of Sara that you haven't heard."

"Yeah, it's really special to me and all my friends really love it...and my dad loves it. My mother used to say to me before the album came out, she'd say 'Stevie, when your father talks about Sara, he sounds like he is talking about God Bless America.' I'd say 'I know mother.'"

"He starts to go, 'Now listen to this part, this is very nice, this part coming up' and I'm just going 'oh Dad, I know.' And he just drags people in and drags out the demos and makes them listen and points out, just like I do."
Old 10-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
LOL. Ok. As you wish.
Didn't wish it. Just pictured it.

I like Stevie's explanation. Should we picture Chris singing and undoing the laces then?
Old 10-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This thread reminds me of one of my favourite Stevie quotes:
"I feel I can write about myself through Sara and that people will understand. Because I can’t write all these songs and call them all Stevie [laughs] I have to come up with something different. So I pick out names that I especially love like Rhiannon and Gypsy, even though gypsy is not a name, to me it is a name… Juliet of Romeo & Juliet, Alice of Alice In Wonderland. So I write my own stories about me through them."

That quote always makes me laugh because she's right, pretty much all her songs are about herself, but I definitely think there's a little bit about Sara Recor in that song. I think she probably denied it at the time because Mick left her for Sara and over the years that's the story that has stuck.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
After Stevie said that there were about 3 or 4 men in Sara, including Mick, she also said her friend Sara was in it. But later she said it wasn't about Sara Recor:

"Sara is sort of the life and times of Fleetwood Mac during Tusk. Sara is sort of what happened in the beginning of the recording of Tusk to the end. I do have a girlfriend whose name is Sara and is very sweet who would like to think that Sara is about her, but knowing that it's not, she just tells everybody this when I'm not around. It's about Fleetwood Mac. I'm Sara, Mick is Sara, Lindsey is Sara, Chris is Sara, John is Sara, Sara is Sara. I just use that name to tell what happens in Sara and you have to realize that there is another sixteen minutes of Sara that you haven't heard."

"Yeah, it's really special to me and all my friends really love it...and my dad loves it. My mother used to say to me before the album came out, she'd say 'Stevie, when your father talks about Sara, he sounds like he is talking about God Bless America.' I'd say 'I know mother.'"

"He starts to go, 'Now listen to this part, this is very nice, this part coming up' and I'm just going 'oh Dad, I know.' And he just drags people in and drags out the demos and makes them listen and points out, just like I do."
ROFLOL!! Those are great Michele!! Thanks for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpai View Post

I like Stevie's explanation. Should we picture Chris singing and undoing the laces then?
Which Stevie explanation? No, but thank God we don't have to hear Mick sing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
This thread reminds me of one of my favourite Stevie quotes:
"I feel I can write about myself through Sara and that people will understand. Because I can’t write all these songs and call them all Stevie [laughs] I have to come up with something different. So I pick out names that I especially love like Rhiannon and Gypsy, even though gypsy is not a name, to me it is a name… Juliet of Romeo & Juliet, Alice of Alice In Wonderland. So I write my own stories about me through them."

That quote always makes me laugh because she's right, pretty much all her songs are about herself, but I definitely think there's a little bit about Sara Recor in that song. I think she probably denied it at the time because Mick left her for Sara and over the years that's the story that has stuck.
Stevie to self: "Now, what can I do to really piss Sara Recor off? I am SO mad at her for stealing Mick, the great dark wing, away from me...I KNOW! I will write a song and name it after her! That'll teach her! And everytime I sing her name onstage I will be reminded at how pissed off I am at both her and Mick Fleetwood for breaking my heart into a million tiny pieces. I will also point out in the song how Sara is the poet in 'my' heart, even though I will really not be talking about Sara Recor at all but instead Sara will become one of my alter egos, who is DEFINITELY the poet in Mick's, Don's and Lindsey's hearts...and Fleetwood Mac too. Because that's just the poet that I am!"

Last edited by CADreaming; 10-03-2009 at 08:41 AM..
Old 10-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick's been saying that song is about him for years and years. It's even in his book...
Old 10-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Mick's been saying that song is about him for years and years. It's even in his book...
There's a LOT of things in his book...the book which everyone has admitted is evidence that not only was Mick prone to extreme exaggeration, but was also the product of a couple of *ahem* well-lit interviews...

My favorite Stevie quote about Mick's book:

Quote:
If I read it, I would go through with a BIG read marking pencil, like a teacher, which is what I was trying to be, and I would be putting question marks [laughing and does a question mark in the air] and scratching out things and putting big LIE [writes a big lie in the air] and you know, circling things "Could've been written better".
Old 10-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^^^

Agreed!

I don't think Oh Daddy is about him either, even though Christine has, hen asked about it, politely allowed him to have this fantasy...
Old 10-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
^^^^^

Agreed!

I don't think Oh Daddy is about him either, even though Christine has, hen asked about it, politely allowed him to have this fantasy...
LOL! Yeah, I think they all do that for him... a lot...Obviously, they all love him and let him play his part in the "musical soap opera"...
Old 10-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL! Yeah, I think they all do that for him... a lot...Obviously, they all love him and let him play his part in the "musical soap opera"...

"Yeah, Mick," Lindsey says, letting out a huge sigh and rolling his eyes in his imagination, "Not That Funny is, indeed, ALL about you."

Mick, clasps his hands in delight, "I knew it! Let me revise my book!"
Old 10-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
"Yeah, Mick," Lindsey says, letting out a huge sigh and rolling his eyes in his imagination, "Not That Funny is, indeed, ALL about you."

Old 10-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post

Well, it was Lindsey who said that Mick was "rock cock" without any prompting from the big guy.

I thought that Mick was "piggy in the middle," but ok. Maybe Stevie shared some technical specifications with Linds.

Michele
Old 10-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, it was Lindsey who said that Mick was "rock cock" without any prompting from the big guy.

I thought that Mick was "piggy in the middle," but ok. Maybe Stevie shared some technical specifications with Linds.

Michele
That last one... doesn't warrant further investigation. Or my poor head might explode.

(If you had a shudder emoticon, I'd be using it about now)
Old 10-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Well, since Stevie says she and Linds never discussed it, probably not.

I've always thought the "rock cock" character was much better assigned to Lindsey actually. Afterall, "the man" just got it wrong.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've always thought the "rock cock" character was much better assigned to Lindsey actually. Afterall, "the man" just got it wrong.
It seems to me that whenever you ask Lindsey, "is this song about" he just says "yes" to whatever you suggest and I don't know whether I believe him or not. Maybe I'm influenced by the video, but I think of "rock cock" as Lindsey too.

I was just listening to GOS and thinking about the "I go to my lover. We lay on our bed" part. Made me thinking of the "sitting on the bed alone" interview.

Michele