User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScoop View Post
Maybe she finally realizes that giving up motherhood and trading off finding herself a true love for her "rock n roll lifestyle" wasn't worth it afterall. Let's face it - she gave up such a huge part of being a woman that honestly, she really didn't have to do.

It's probably a lot easier to blame the world for your problems than to face the reality that you might have wasted the majority of the past 20 years of your life....
Human beings are constantly changing. It's within our essence to change. What you liked in yor 20s, you are not interested to when you are in your 40s, and so on. I hope she does not regret of being a star and dedicate exclusively to that. I hope she feels she made the right decision in THAT moment. Yes, the problem is when you are getting older, you may think "what didn't I do this, or that?" but I think that doesn't mean you made the worst mistake in your life.

I'm 42, single and no children, and I still think I made the right decision. I have my reasons. Will I feel alone sooner or later? Probably, but I wouldn't have a child just to not feeling alone. I think Stevie has similar issues. If she didn't (seriously)marry or become mother, I don't think it was just because being in Fleetwood Mac is like being in the army. I guess there were LOT of reasons (being an addict is one of those reasons. you are not emotionally ready for being mother or married). Maybe strong reasons at that moment. I just hope she is happy now, or she find joy anyway. And that she DO THINGS that makes her happy.

As Christine McVie. That's a good example. She changed. She wanted to be a singer, to be part of Fleetwood Mac. But noy anymore. I miss her, but we must respect her decisions. So Stevie, if touring does not make you happy, stop it! I'll miss you, but please stop. And thank you for your nice performance last thursday.

Happiness is found in many ways, not only the "standard" ways they have teached us.

Last edited by Villavic; 05-05-2009 at 06:32 PM..
Old 05-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

John McVie once said they finished Rumors and it damn near finished them....................... Well, they're playing mostly Rumors for Unleashed and most of us love it! Stevie is probably tired---and who wouldn't be? They are human for God's sake!!!
I don't know why so many say the negative things here. They are filling venues every night. If it wasn't fun, nobody would be bothering to go
Old 05-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Talk about bitter. Who is the one here who continue to go on and on about a version of this band who had little to no commercial or financial success and longs for the days of Peter Green. Talk about washed up.

Chili...like it or not, Stevie is beloved by a lot of people just like you like the old FM. One is not right or wrong...just the way it is. I really do my best to no longer post negative things on here about any other band member but everyone seems to just rail on Stevie all the time. Get over it...she has been the focus of Fleetwood Mac whether you like it or not for the last 30 years. Maybe she is trying to step back a bit and let Lindsey shine now. Who knows? But keep your negative B.S. to yourselves. If you cant say something nice...why say anything at all?
Ok JohnL....Isn't the point of this board for all of us to have our own opinions even if we don't agree with them. I don't mind everyone's comments here. I may not agree with them but thats ok too. In the beginning of my 'fandom' of Stevie & Mac in like '88-'89....I'd have believed all that they said in interviews etc. But its been over 20yrs now & my views of all of them have changed. My fandom isn't what it once was. I personally chose not to pay the high ticket prices to this years concerts (& I don't regret it either)...I did see Stevie last yr (again) for CVtour#2 I'll call it. Before I went to that concert last summer the article about us fans stealing her music came out....all I could think of was what she stated....now how much truth was in that quote...who knows but its how the article was released....It still bothers me right now. I guess those are my own issues. I do agree with some of the posters here. I personally don't think the comments are negative ....I think as fans we need to be honest...heck at least with ourselves. I do think Stevie is whinning...when she should be so very thankful for all that she 'does' have in her life. These times are hard on all of us right now. Sometimes I don't think she's very sensitive to whats going on in the world itself. Maybe she needs a computer if only to read the headlines.....So yes , I may not agree with everyone here but you know what your entitled to state your opinion and so am I and well if we don't agree thats ok too...we just agree to disagree.....and theres not a thing wrong with that. I appericate everyone's thoughts......it is what it is.....it's all good.....
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 05-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I saw BB last year, he was great! I think another big difference between he and Stevie is you can tell he genuinely LOVES what he does still. He's grinning from ear to ear the whole time he's on stage. He chats it up with the audience, jokes, and is genuinely jovial to still be at it, and grateful for his run. He's still putting out new material like clockwork. Stevie looks like she'd rather be having a root canal than be on stage, and then whines and bitches in the press about how hard and not fun it is, and about how there's no point in recording new material because it won't sell. She's just never seems grateful for people like us supporting her for 4 decades, and doesn't seem like she's in it for the right reasons anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still adore her, or I wouldn't be here. I just can't understand her attitude. She travels the world performing for tens of thousands of adoring, lifelong fans each night, she stays in the best 5 star hotels the world has to offer, shops without ever having to look at a price tag again, travels in the comfort of a private jet, and when it's all over she gets to go home to her multi-million dollar mansion. Just what exactly is there to be ungrateful about??
Great comments.....great points......Esp the last line......
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 05-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe she finally realizes that giving up motherhood and trading off finding herself a true love for her "rock n roll lifestyle" wasn't worth it afterall. Let's face it - she gave up such a huge part of being a woman that honestly, she really didn't have to do. Every other hard working female in the music business has either gotten married and/or had children. NOBODY works harder and is more committed to their career as Madonna - yet despite putting out new CDs and touring every other year, she STILL managed to get married and have 2 children (not to mention the other 2 she adopted). This whole "there was no time" nonsense is a royal copout. Stevie has put out 2 new CDs in the past 20 years and yet she had no time? Please.

She's an old single woman who is probably very unfulfilled in her life. You can have all the money in the world, but if you're not truly happy inside, it isn't going to matter. It is quite obvious that she's unhappy at this point and who could blame her? It's obvious she doesn't want to tour anymore. It's clearly not fun for her anymore. She's no longer relevant in the music industry and that reality is probably sinking in. When she quit the drugs in '93, she really should have spent some time focusing on herself and her personal life. Her career was in the tank and she was no longer the darling of rock n roll. She was still young enough to have kids and have a real family. But she chose to release and tour off of Street Angel instead and then do nothing until The Dance.

So many years have gone by and she seems to have done a whole lotta nothing. So, if she's irritable and blaming her schedule for being tired or blaming her fans for stealing her music, can you fault her? It's probably a lot easier to blame the world for your problems than to face the reality that you might have wasted the majority of the past 20 years of your life....
The Scoop.....more great points & great comments. The stealing music still bothers me alot....thanks for your comments & great points....well thought out comments...I could've said it any better myself....
Old 05-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Talk about bitter. Who is the one here who continue to go on and on about a version of this band who had little to no commercial or financial success and longs for the days of Peter Green. Talk about washed up.
Wow. Peter Green is a seriously mentally ill man who was taken out of the game far too early by his demons. He is still considered one of the most highly influential blues-rock guitarists of all time. Anytime he straps on a guitar and plays to a crowd, it is a triumph of the human spirit. It is awe-inspiring. Anybody who cannot see that, and has to belittle it to make some cheap point on an internet board, is grotesquely immature, and is hardly worth debating.

Quote:
I really do my best to no longer post negative things on here about any other band member but everyone seems to just rail on Stevie all the time.
Well, maybe if she would shut the hell up instead of comparing Fleetwood Mac to the Army, then she wouldn't be the target. But those comparisons, especially when there's a war going on, makes her seem especially shallow and completely clueless. Yeah, tell the guys at Walter Reed who got limbs blown off in combat just how much flying in private/chartered jets and sleeping in four-star hotels is in any way similar to their situation. If she had said that, given they're in their 60's now, the current schedule was especially rough and stressful for them, then I doubt most would have objected. If she had said that being in Fleetwood Mac was a total committment, not just something you could just show up to and be pretty, then I doubt most would have objected, either. Her choice of words is why she is criticized.

Quote:
Get over it...she has been the focus of Fleetwood Mac whether you like it or not for the last 30 years.
I can't speak for Chili, but for me, that has nothing to do with it. The biggest reason I stopped going to see them had everything to do with the lack of perspective that Stevie and Lindsey have. When Lindsey said "I realized a dream I had wasn't going to come true, and I had to allow myself to mourn the loss of that dream" when I was working at homeless shelter, watching guys fight over mustard sandwiches, all while trying to sound profound, was especially insulting. Keep your damn therapy to yourself. I'm here for ROCK-N-ROLL!

That's ultimately why I went head-first into indie rock. I had dabbled a bit in it, but when Lindsey gave that speech, it was all over for me. I think a few are beginning to now feel this way as well with some of Stevie's comments. They need to get a perspective on the world they live in.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't believe this silly little comment has created this! Sure Stevie makes comments sometimes that make all of our eyes roll, but to hear some of you say these really mean things offends me. We are all allowed to post how we feel and say what we wanna say, but this is crazy. I love Stevie and I love Fleetwood Mac. I just can't believe some people that call themselves fans would seriously say those things about her! To say that it's obvious that she doesn't like touring and she has wasted her life for the last twenty years is ridculous to me. Maybe it's because I just saw them for my very first time and they all seemed happy and energetic, and it could be that they aren't like that all the time, I don't know.... I guess it's just I would never say those things about any memeber ever and I'm shocked that people say these things.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok, since I couldn't edit my post from my phone I'll just add here that today was a hard day for me with the stress of finals and ap tests coming up, so when I come to this site and read that people are saying awful things (imo) about my idol, someone that gets me through days like this, it makes me mad and frustrated that these things are being said about Stevie. We all have our own opinions about her and the crazy comments she makes sometimes, its just today I would have liked to read a good concert review or something, not people saying she's done and that she's wasted the last 20 years of her life. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, I just don't like negative things being said about someone I love, especially on a day like this.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveFM View Post
I can't believe this silly little comment has created this! Sure Stevie makes comments sometimes that make all of our eyes roll, but to hear some of you say these really mean things offends me. We are all allowed to post how we feel and say what we wanna say, but this is crazy. I love Stevie and I love Fleetwood Mac. I just can't believe some people that call themselves fans would seriously say those things about her! To say that it's obvious that she doesn't like touring and she has wasted her life for the last twenty years is ridculous to me. Maybe it's because I just saw them for my very first time and they all seemed happy and energetic, and it could be that they aren't like that all the time, I don't know.... I guess it's just I would never say those things about any memeber ever and I'm shocked that people say these things.
It's not this one comment, it's one of many over the past several years that have many fans, including myself frustrated with her. She acts like she's doing everyone a huge favor and making unimaginable personal sacrifices by joining Fleetwood Mac and touring. It's rather shameful for her to say what she says considering everything that's going on in this country and the world these days.

Matt
Old 05-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course Stevie is out of touch and lacks perspective. She's been a rich rock star for over 35 years. Duh. Add to that, both she and Lindsey came from affluent families to begin with. I doubt any of them has any idea how much a tank of gas costs or how much a loaf of bread costs. Rock and roll isn't a normal world; they can't relate to us and we can't relate to them. Doesn't mean I still don't love them though.

I honestly don't blame her for not loving the traveling: I dislike doing business trips, I don't care how exciting the destination, I'd rather be at home in my own bed these days--and I can imagine how Stevie feels: she's got 20 years on me. I imagine that she does feel obligated to do these FM tours for the sake of their crews, John & Mick, etc. And I'm equally sure that she doesn't have as good of time doing the group thing as she does doing her solo gigs: she's even stated this in past interviews. So you didn't like what she said in this interview--so don't read her interviews. Stevie is a Drama Queen. It's one of the things I've always liked about her.

But NOT being married and NOT having kids doesn't necessarily mean you've "lonely" or "unfufilled". I guess I didn't get the memo that told me I was supposed to be miserable b/c I don't have kids and never married (so far) either. Is it still 1950 or something around here?

Last edited by DeeGeMe; 05-05-2009 at 09:20 PM..
Old 05-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
It's not this one comment, it's one of many over the past several years that have many fans, including myself frustrated with her. She acts like she's doing everyone a huge favor and making unimaginable personal sacrifices by joining Fleetwood Mac and touring. It's rather shameful for her to say what she says considering everything that's going on in this country and the world these days.

Matt
I think you summed it up perfectly, Matt. Imagine us agreeing for once LOL! I definitely concur... it has nothing to do with this ONE comment. I think this once comment is the proverbial straw on the camel's lumbar . I think what really irks everyone around here is Stevie's increasing negativity, deflection of blame, and deteriorating stage performances this past decade. If recording with Lindsey is awful, if touring is taxing, if your boots are killing you, if fans are "stealing" your music, if "nobody" is buying your albums, and you're so miserable, why are you still in it? Obviously not for the love of the craft. Hell, I bet Street Angel sold MORE than all of my favorite artist Joseph Arthur's albums COMBINED. But he's still putting out albums left and right, releasing a half dozen EPs a year, touring non-stop, etc. Obviously Stevie is in it just to be a mega rock star, and now that that is waning, she can't handle it.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe she finally realizes that giving up motherhood and trading off finding herself a true love for her "rock n roll lifestyle" wasn't worth it afterall. Let's face it - she gave up such a huge part of being a woman that honestly, she really didn't have to do. Every other hard working female in the music business has either gotten married and/or had children. NOBODY works harder and is more committed to their career as Madonna - yet despite putting out new CDs and touring every other year, she STILL managed to get married and have 2 children (not to mention the other 2 she adopted). This whole "there was no time" nonsense is a royal copout. Stevie has put out 2 new CDs in the past 20 years and yet she had no time? Please.

She's an old single woman who is probably very unfulfilled in her life. You can have all the money in the world, but if you're not truly happy inside, it isn't going to matter. It is quite obvious that she's unhappy at this point and who could blame her? It's obvious she doesn't want to tour anymore. It's clearly not fun for her anymore. She's no longer relevant in the music industry and that reality is probably sinking in. When she quit the drugs in '93, she really should have spent some time focusing on herself and her personal life. Her career was in the tank and she was no longer the darling of rock n roll. She was still young enough to have kids and have a real family. But she chose to release and tour off of Street Angel instead and then do nothing until The Dance.

So many years have gone by and she seems to have done a whole lotta nothing. So, if she's irritable and blaming her schedule for being tired or blaming her fans for stealing her music, can you fault her? It's probably a lot easier to blame the world for your problems than to face the reality that you might have wasted the majority of the past 20 years of your life....
I think this has to be one of the most provocative, well thought out posts I've ever seen on this board. Just had to give you kudos for such an interesting post! It's true, so many people deflect blame and responsibility for their own self created problems. She's probably just frustrated with herself, whether or not she realizes it. Are you a therapist or something??
Old 05-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Human beings are constantly changing. It's within our essence to change. What you liked in yor 20s, you are not interested to when you are in your 40s, and so on. I hope she does not regret of being a star and dedicate exclusively to that. I hope she feels she made the right decision in THAT moment. Yes, the problem is when you are getting older, you may think "what didn't I do this, or that?" but I think that doesn't mean you made the worst mistake in your life.

I'm 42, single and no children, and I still think I made the right decision. I have my reasons. Will I feel alone sooner or later? Probably, but I wouldn't have a child just to not feeling alone. I think Stevie has similar issues. If she didn't (seriously)marry or become mother, I don't think it was just because being in Fleetwood Mac is like being in the army. I guess there were LOT of reasons (being an addict is one of those reasons. you are not emotionally ready for being mother or married). Maybe strong reasons at that moment. I just hope she is happy now, or she find joy anyway. And that she DO THINGS that makes her happy.

As Christine McVie. That's a good example. She changed. She wanted to be a singer, to be part of Fleetwood Mac. But noy anymore. I miss her, but we must respect her decisions. So Stevie, if touring does not make you happy, stop it! I'll miss you, but please stop. And thank you for your nice performance last thursday.

Happiness is found in many ways, not only the "standard" ways they have teached us.
You know, I never factored in the addict part. Stevie has given up coke, klonopin, and even drinking now. Fame has got to be her last addiction, the last place where she can get a "high." But even with my knowledge of addiction, her addiction to fame is just as dangerous (I dated an addict, who I hope is still in recovery). Fascinating points you made!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Look, I think Stevie is both annoying and entertaining, but as far as her having it too good to complain, I just can't buy this argument that you shouldn't say things because of the way the world is today, the war, the famine, the economy. I mean . . . there is always suffering somewhere; you can't be sensitive to it, in all of your words and deeds.

CNN has this awful Samsung commercial about a girl who is blind due to some explosions and every single time I see it, I wish so many things for that girl and NONE of them have to do with her getting her sight restored. Furthermore, none of them are non-violent. Maintaining charitable feelings on a constant basis is fatiguing.

I, for one, don't want the FM members giving a ton of interviews talking about how blessed they are. That annoys me. I applaud decadence.

So, the idea that she shouldn't complain because she has good things in her life while other people are doing without -- that just doesn't hold much sway with me. You carry that theory too far and we shouldn't complain that she's complaining. Some people can't afford internet access. So, everyone here is extremely lucky and indulged and should enjoy Pollyannic happiness 24/7 too -- but it's a good thing we don't or else there'd be precious little to discuss.

Michele
Old 05-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I think you summed it up perfectly, Matt. Imagine us agreeing for once LOL! I definitely concur... it has nothing to do with this ONE comment. I think this once comment is the proverbial straw on the camel's lumbar . I think what really irks everyone around here is Stevie's increasing negativity, deflection of blame, and deteriorating stage performances this past decade. If recording with Lindsey is awful, if touring is taxing, if your boots are killing you, if fans are "stealing" your music, if "nobody" is buying your albums, and you're so miserable, why are you still in it? Obviously not for the love of the craft. Hell, I bet Street Angel sold MORE than all of my favorite artist Joseph Arthur's albums COMBINED. But he's still putting out albums left and right, releasing a half dozen EPs a year, touring non-stop, etc. Obviously Stevie is in it just to be a mega rock star, and now that that is waning, she can't handle it.
Again, I have to point to Robert Pollard, who has like 70 albums (since 1987) to his credit. No, he hasn't sold a million records nor tours that much anymore, he also doesn't spend a lot of time whining to the press how rough it is. BTW, when you're touring in vans, it IS rough. But, he grew up one of five in a small house in a blue collar neighborhood, went to college, had a family and a house payment, and worked fourteen years as a school teacher before realizing the dream and understands what it means to bust ass. His genius is his ability to write songs and make collages, his output is merely a matter of discipline and love of the craft.

THE Stephen Hopkins