Default Senior Prank Gone Bad

THIS IS HILARIOUS!!!
http://www.telegram.com/article/2008...153/NEWSREWIND

Quote:
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Senior prank runs a-fowl of the law

Tantasqua suspends nearly a dozen seniors in pond incident

By Craig S. Semon TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF

Tantasqua Regional High School seniors were released to their parents’ custody after a prank involving the release of toy ducks and inflatable toys into the pond at the school.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STURBRIDGE— Nearly a dozen Tantasqua Regional High School seniors caught staging a “senior prank” in the wee hours of yesterday morning have been suspended for the week and will not participate in senior activities next week.

Principal Steven B. Bliss said Sturbridge police responded to two separate incidents involving a small group of seniors, at 3 a.m. and about 5 a.m. yesterday on school grounds. He said there were five students involved at 3 a.m. and five or six different students involved at 5 a.m. “Senior pranks are something of a tradition at schools, so we increased our patrols in recent days and weeks. And during the patrol on or about 3 o’clock in the morning, there was a group of students found to be on campus,” Mr. Bliss said. “And they were trespassing. At that point, there is no lawful reason to be on campus at that particular time of the day. So they were released into custody of their parents.”Mr. Bliss said it was found that the seniors “were amidst in some kind of a prank,” involving “inflatable toys” and “floating toy ducks” being dumped into the pond on school grounds. He categorized the toys as being “silly,” not offensive in nature.

“There was the equivalent of about a van-load of stuff that was to be dumped in the pond, inflated and set up and sort of staged in the pond,” Mr. Bliss continued. “And, we do have a reason to believe that both groups — the 3 a.m. group, the 5 a.m. group — that it was one master plan.”

Mr. Bliss said he was surprised and disappointed by the actions, and that with such actions there are consequences. Mr. Bliss declined to release the students’ names.As a result, the students involved have been suspended for the entire school week, which is exam week. In addition, the students will have to take their exams at an alternate time, most likely during after-school hours. Furthermore, they will not be allowed to participate in senior activities next week, including a field trip, Mr. Bliss said.

However, no steps have been taken to ban the students from participating in the June 1 graduation, which Mr. Bliss said was a relief to the offenders’ parents.

One reason that Mr. Bliss is taking the matter seriously, and not shrugging it off as merely a harmless prank, is because the Sturbridge police were unnecessarily tied up in dealing with the students’ antics, and subsequently releasing them to the custody of their parents.

“There were other emergency situations going on while the police were tied up here dealing with foolishness. And I have no patience for it,” Mr. Bliss said. “I’m not tying up the resources of the Sturbridge Police Department, or my maintenance crew, or the assistant principals, or anybody else associated with the school district or this school in particular, with practical jokes.”

It's graduation time up here in MA, and of course the seniors all want to do a senior prank. So a group of 15 kids all were part of the 'master plan' to do a senior prank.
that consisted of throwing rubber duckies and blow up floaties in the school pond. This happened on monday morning at 3AM and then 5AM. I guess 2 groups of kids were involved. and both times the town police were called. All the kids that got caught, 9 total, [during the second group the girls bailed on the guys, and all the guys involved got in trouble for it] were in custody, released to thier parents, suspended for 5 days, were gonna be unable to participate in graduation and were banned from next week's senior activities. So yesterday the rumours are flying. partly thanks to me, one of my good friends is one of the kids in trouble. So today all of the students protested what happened. We wore yellow, duck pins and stickers 'what the duck' shirts popped up all over the school. 'Free [insert students name]' were present as well, and I heard that one kid even wore a 'Ignorance is Bliss' shirt [Bliss happens to be the name of our principal]. I found that shirt to be the most amusing. I wore a 'Save our Seniors' sticker on my pants today.

Its just so assinine that kids just wanting to have fun and make others laugh get in so much trouble. for DUCKS!

And the kicker is, last year kids actually vandalized the school, and nothing happened to them, and then someone vandalized a window this year, and nothing happened to him, but these kids with DUCKIES get in trouble....its crazy.

Senior pranks happen to be a tradition, and just because our principal is a hard ass it means that theyre banned from the universe.

It makes me feel better that the kids were'nt arrested. Especailly since they are all nice kids [I personally know 4 of the 9, another one is my friends brother, and another one of the kids who got in trouble, his family and mine are friendly.] so its like....its idiotic. I may sound like an impartial teenager, but apparently its not only me. more than half the kids wore yellow today, and even teachers participated in the protest. apparently two kids planned the whole thing, and paid the money for all of the duckies, 300o of them were supposed to be dumped.

Because of the prostests, the kids suspension was reduced to 3 days [so they can take thier finals], they can participate in class activities, and they can go to graduation.

but to end on a funny note, as one of the girls in my classes said 'the pond's ugly anyways, the ducks would have made it look better!'

oh the things that happen at my high school.
I call this the Duck crisis of 2008
Old 05-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislit18 View Post
THIS IS HILARIOUS!!!
[url]

So today all of the students protested what happened. We wore yellow, duck pins and stickers 'what the duck' shirts popped up all over the school. 'Free [insert students name]' were present as well, and I heard that one kid even wore a 'Ignorance is Bliss' shirt [Bliss happens to be the name of our principal]. I found that shirt to be the most amusing. I wore a 'Save our Seniors' sticker on my pants today.

Because of the prostests, the kids suspension was reduced to 3 days [so they can take thier finals], they can participate in class activities, and they can go to graduation.
That is totally cool how most of the school protested and because of that the suspended students will actually be able to enjoy their senior activities with their peers.
Keep in mind though that the only reason they got away with it is because they're High School kids. Do that in the real world and yer butt does not pass go, just goes straight to jail.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

God. It's a senior prank. Sounds like Bliss isn't living up to his part of the name. At least it wasn't going to be something that would cost taxpayers money to clean up... okay, the duckies would have to be taken from teh pond, but it's better that vandalism.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seniors are always causing pranks & lamb shanks.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
God. It's a senior prank. Sounds like Bliss isn't living up to his part of the name. At least it wasn't going to be something that would cost taxpayers money to clean up... okay, the duckies would have to be taken from teh pond, but it's better that vandalism.
yeah, today my friend Chris who was invovled with the prank told me that they were going to clean the ducks out of the pond anyways. I found it hilarious talking to him and Kat-one of the two siblings that organized and paid for the whole thing-and how they had to stay up all night to do it, and its like, if Bliss wasn't such a jerk and just let them do the prank it would have been much less of a production...

If you go on the t&g website, there is todays followup story with interviews from the kids and more info.

I was glad to see the kids back in school though.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just read this story in today's newspaper in Springfield. Some seniors did get away with pranks that were not mentioned in your story. Nothing bad that I could really remember.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

They were ducks for God's sake...! No harm done -- most graduation pranks involve cans of paint being flung around and desks getting thrown out windows. Good to see that the school is getting behind the students