Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:41 AM
Registered

Default Grammy Nomination For Mick Fleetwood

Congratulations to Mick for his Grammy nomination, announced on Wednesday, Dec. 2. Sadly, MizNicks' worthy 'Soundstage Sessions' didn't get nominated in the categories it was submitted for, but Mick (or his representatives) chose wisely and it paid off with a nomination.

Category 66

Best Traditional Blues Album
(Vocal or Instrumental.)

A Stranger Here
Ramblin' Jack Elliott
[ANTI]

Blue Again
The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band Featuring Rick Vito
[429 Records]

Rough & Tough
John Hammond
[Chesky Records]

Stomp! The Blues Tonight
Duke Robillard
[Stony Plain Records]

Chicago Blues: A Living History
(Various Artists)
Larry Skoller, producer
[Raisin' Music]

Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-03-2009 at 03:51 AM..
Old 12-03-2009, 04:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Congratulations to Mick for his Grammy nomination, announced on Wednesday, Dec. 2. Sadly, MizNicks' worthy 'Soundstage Sessions' didn't get nominated in the categories it was submitted for, but Mick (or his representatives) chose wisely and it paid off with a nomination.

Category 66

Best Traditional Blues Album
(Vocal or Instrumental.)

A Stranger Here
Ramblin' Jack Elliott
[ANTI]

Blue Again
The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band Featuring Rick Vito
[429 Records]

Rough & Tough
John Hammond
[Chesky Records]

Stomp! The Blues Tonight
Duke Robillard
[Stony Plain Records]

Chicago Blues: A Living History
(Various Artists)
Larry Skoller, producer
[Raisin' Music]
WOO! Go Mick!

If Stevie did some new material she might have a chance! Silly woman
Old 12-03-2009, 05:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I Wonder How Lindsey Will React

After he has been snubbed for some of his best work. I would say this could spell the end of the current line-up, but they always come back for the money.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Congratulations to Mick for his Grammy nomination, announced on Wednesday, Dec. 2.
Way to go, Mickster!

Quote:
Sadly, MizNicks' worthy 'Soundstage Sessions' didn't get nominated in the categories it was submitted for...
Shocked, I tell ya!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Congrats Mick!!! You're the man!
Old 12-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yay!!! No matter how much I play this album, I never get tired of it!

Congrats Mick Rick Lenny and Mark !

Considering the album was largely intended to pay homage to Peter Green, this is a terrific acknowledgement of his greatness, too .

Now I understand why 429 Records is delaying the release of the Blue Again DVD till January. Smart marketing.

Best of luck guys!
Old 12-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Grammy Nomination for Rock Icon Mick Fleetwood

THE MICK FLEETWOOD BLUES BAND FEATURING RICK VITO'S 'BLUE AGAIN' NOMINATED FOR 'BEST TRADITIONAL BLUES ALBUM'

Download image SANTA MONICA, Calif., Dec. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band featuring Rick Vito has received a Grammy nomination for "BLUE AGAIN" in the category of "Best Traditional Blues Album." "BLUE AGAIN," released on the Savoy Label Group's 429 Records label, is a project showcasing iconic rock drummer and Fleetwood Mac co-founder Mick Fleetwood and his Mick Fleetwood Blues Band, a top notch quartet of musicians featuring Rick Vito. Produced by Mick Fleetwood and Rick Vito, the recording is equal parts blues rave-up and loving homage to the early incarnation of Fleetwood Mac, revisiting the blues-based classic songs of early Fleetwood Mac along with several new compositions in riveting live performance. Released on March 17 on 429 Records (home of last year's "Best Contemporary Blues Album" Grammy winner Dr. John), "BLUE AGAIN" was an instant commercial and critical success which debuted in the top 20 on the iTunes Overall Chart and both the Billboard and iTunes Blues charts. The 52nd Grammy Awards will be held in Los Angeles on January 31, 2010.

"BLUE AGAIN" was recorded live at the Sheldon Concert Hall in St. Louis, Missouri in February of 2008. The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band features guitarist, lead vocalist and co-producer Rick Vito, bassist Lenny Castellanos and keyboardist Mark Johnstone alongside the legendary rock drummer. The stellar recording gives classic Fleetwood Mac songs such as "Albatross," "Oh Well" and "Black Magic Woman" a modern and irrepressibly vibrant energy that only a live performance can provide.

In addition, the companion concert performance "BLUE AGAIN" DVD will be released by 429 Records in February of 2010.

For more information, visit:

www.429records.com

429 Records is a unit of the Savoy Label Group (SLG). SLG is the North American unit of CME (Columbia Music Entertainment), the oldest music company in Japan. The Savoy Label Group has evolved into a leading independent company consistently outperforming competitors in key music categories as monitored by Billboard Magazine. SLG is led by Steve Vining and CME is headed by Chairman Strauss Zelnick, founder of Zelnick Media which owns interests in and manages an array of media companies.

SOURCE: 429 Records

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-78441862.html
Old 12-04-2009, 04:36 AM
Registered

Grammy Nomination for Rock Icon Mick Fleetwood>> wrote, apparently, the press rep....

Icon is just such the wrong word when it is the wrong word.
Congratulations, again, to musician Mick Fleetwood. Hey, I'd even sooner dig up 'legendary' before I'd use 'icon'. He is the legendary drummer of a legendary rock band. But icon? So overused, and so few truly have defined that warhorse gush-term.
Ever since 'uberstar' didn't catch on in the media beyond the three months it was tried out circa 2001, the old chestnuts like 'icon' render the word almost meaningless.
Seriously, in 1977, were there hundreds of thousands of guys walking around with low-hanging (wooden) balls and a pony tale with a rubber band? The Rumours cover was an iconic photograph, I would have to admit. Still, with Mick getting this really nice for him Grammy nomination so late into his career, I think shoving 'icon' down throats in the press release cheesifies (cheesy-fries?) the real accomplishment here, of a mature, serious blues musician getting recognition for his music, not for a would-be iconic image.
I would think the way for him to get the votes and maybe win the damned Grammy would be to stress his musicianship, which wouldn't be challenged. To manipulate 'icon' in this press release I feel diminishes the artistry and accomplishment which should be the focus of any public relations attempt to help him capitalize on the nomination.
Icon-dyke-con

Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-04-2009 at 04:42 AM..
Old 12-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedKiwi View Post

The categories are for vocal performance, not content. Lindsey submitted GOS last year in six categories and received zero nominations.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Congrats to Mick and the gang!!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedKiwi View Post
WOO! Go Mick!

and we would all steal it off the internet

hahhahahahahahah
Old 12-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Woooo! Way to go Mick! I so think Stevie has been overlooked with solo efforts though over the past 30 years....she deserves something in my opinion...she's the only princess out there still rocking and beautiful with a great collection of solo songs who's been unrecognized by the academy yet everyone else wants to rip her off!!!!.... Love you Stevie! Congrats Mick!