Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-28-2002, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Observations of Fleetwood Mac music..

Anyone else listen to "Everywhere" and go, those sounds at the end sound like she's hiccuping? "Christine, sweetie, give me the wine bottle"...LOL Listening to Tango today, and that just jumped out at me...

ALSO, Little Lies, when it FIRST comes on, reminds me of a jungle for some reason...remember that jungle song...Jungle Life or something like that, from the 80's..HEHE

What wierd things do you notice when you listen to FM?

*Trying to lighten the mood on the Ledge...hehe.
Old 06-29-2002, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I heard that there is suppose to be the sound of a wine glass dropping and breaking towards the end of Gold Dust Woman. But I have not noticed it.

And the song Sister Honey reminds me of Prince music.

I am sure there are other little things I have noticed, but right now I can't think of any...
Old 06-29-2002, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb GDW glass breaking

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghosty
Well, I heard that there is suppose to be the sound of a wine glass dropping and breaking towards the end of Gold Dust Woman. But I have not noticed it.
Hmm...I know the sound of glass breaking is at the end of the song, but it isn't a wine glass, too loud to be that, I think I read that they dropped a pane of glass or something like that, but you can DEFINITELY hear the glass, crank it up on your headphones.
Old 06-29-2002, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Observations of Fleetwood Mac music..

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
Anyone else listen to "Everywhere" and go, those sounds at the end sound like she's hiccuping? "Christine, sweetie, give me the wine bottle"...
LMAO!!
Either that, or somebody's tickling her toes!!!!!
I can't think of any others though right now.........I do like the end of the original Silver Springs....where Stevie let's loose with the screams....ohohohohohohohahahahahahaha, ha ha haaaa.....it's like typical Stevie back in the day.....it's not really 'weird' like you asked, I just like it.

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down
Old 06-29-2002, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

'Caroline's' beat reminds me of 'Shake, Shake, Shake"(KC and the Sunshine Band) for some sick reason....

~Alex

Old 06-29-2002, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Cool SHAKE YOUR BOOTY!

Quote:
Originally posted by greatdarkwing
'Caroline's' beat reminds me of 'Shake, Shake, Shake"(KC and the Sunshine Band) for some sick reason....

~Alex
LMAO!! "Shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake...shake your booty..." GREATNESS!! Funny what certain songs make you think of!!
Old 06-29-2002, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Anyone else listen to "Everywhere" and go, those sounds at the end sound like she's hiccuping? "Christine, sweetie, give me the wine bottle"...LOL Listening to Tango today, and that just jumped out at me...
LOL! Well, I never thought that but that end bit always cracks me up for some bizarre reason. OK, my weird song associations: for some reason, Sara always makes me think of sailing... it's that driving beat the whole way through. What else... oh, well of course Johnny Stew (my song of the moment) has some interesting noises on it.

Laura.
Old 06-29-2002, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Me too!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BellaDonnaGypsy
Sara always makes me think of sailing...
I have the very same feeling!!! And I love it... It has to be because of the constant beat in Mick's drums... What more feelings? "Caroline" reminds me of some African jungle or something (maybe because of the "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah's" at the beginning... "You And I Part II" sounds to me like a song that children could sing at the nursery... And in a more serious tone, "You Make Loving Fun" sounds to me like "Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress" by some group which I think it's The Hollies... (?)

Song of the moment - Brown Eyes
Old 06-30-2002, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Observations of Fleetwood Mac music..

Quote:

ALSO, Little Lies, when it FIRST comes on, reminds me of a jungle for some reason...remember that jungle song...Jungle Life or something like that, from the 80's..HEHE
That song you are referring to is Tarzan Boy by Baltamore (or a) (?) Not sure how it's spelled, I've seen both versions.

Matt
Old 07-05-2002, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Observations of Fleetwood Mac music..

Quote:
Originally posted by Street_Dreamer
That song you are referring to is Tarzan Boy by Baltamore (or a) (?) Not sure how it's spelled, I've seen both versions.
Matt
THAT'S IT, MATT!! Thanks! It's Baltamora with an a, I think. Woah-oh-oh-ah-oh-ah-oh-ah-oh-ah-oh-oh-ah! LOL

I was listening to OSOTM at work today and Whole Lotta Trouble came on, I immediately thought of ELVIS! LOL It just sounds like some song he would have sung in one of his fun movies!! I love Elvis!! Also, Long Way to Go reminded me of the song by Rockwell (with Michael Jackson) called "Somebody's Watching Me" from the 80's!! I LOVE that song, Michael's bgv's are way cool on that one!
Old 07-06-2002, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Gold Dust Woman

I don't have any headphones. I bet it would help to hear the glass breaking if I did. But where would they get a big pane of glass just hanging around? I could picture it being a wine glass, but what else could it have been? I heard it was the wine glass on some Rumours trivia once. Who knows...
Old 07-20-2002, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG!!! I was listening to 'Sorcerer' today, and in the 2nd verse, the background reminded me of a factory for some strange reason

~Alex

Old 07-20-2002, 06:14 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.