The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2004, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just a few months ago. I heard about it on another message board and also through the nicksfix. It's kind of sad actually, that I've been a FM since I was 8 or 9 and didn't visit FM sites until I was 23.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wink Who else but me?

Quote:
Who else replied but Christy (wondergirl9847), and assured me that she herself had been a bit poll-crazy when she first joined and not to worry.
LMAO!! When you become a new fan, you wanna know EVERYONE'S fave song, least fave, fave member, etc...mainly because I didn't know jack about the band to discuss anything. LOL
Old 03-10-2004, 11:42 AM
Ledgie

I found the site in early 97 when I was looking up some FM stuff. I didn't post much then. When the new ledge opened I did't register right away but was here almost everyday. I finally registered about a year ago. I usually check in during the week but still don't post much. This site is a great source of information on the band and I appreciate the time and work that Marty puts into it. I do miss the old trading post, I got some decent stuff there. I hope the site is around long after the band.

Terri
Old 03-10-2004, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow...now that I think about it...I have been coming to this site since about 96...I know it was before the Dance.

Man, am I getting old...

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 03-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I first started lurking around here around December of 2002. Finally decided to post in Feb. 03. I think I was just looking around for FM websites one day, and saw this board listed on The Penguin. There were some pretty interesting threads going on, so I wanted to read them. And here I am now!

(Hey Jake, funny how you registered after me, but have thousands of more posts than me. LOL I guess I'm just not as obsessed! )
Old 03-10-2004, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: How'd you find this place?

Quote:
Originally posted by David
The forum used to use a Matt Wright script that was popular for message boards for a long time, & it was neat because thread headers were hierarchically organized so that the headers themselves created a sort of conversation or dialog. We used to play little word games with the headers.
Even getting bumped was fun back then... everything's changed so much.

I found the Penguin in 1996, and read the Ledge from my mom's office computer whenever I could, but didn't start posting until we got home Internet access around the time of the Dance. Six and a half years ago. Wow.

I loved the old board, and even when it became Ledges 1-4 (or 5- cough) it was alright... but I still dislike this new format so much compared to the old.

Last edited by hayley; 03-10-2004 at 10:28 PM..
Old 03-10-2004, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been coming here since '99, but just lurked for awhile. I found it when I visited the Penguin for the first time. I'm glad I found this place because I've met the *best* people.

Old 03-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I started getting annoyed with Mick's Board, so I decided to check you guys out. Thanks God I did! It's been about a year for me.

Paula
Old 03-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Right around the Dance period...pretty much as soon as I began going online. I used to post under a different name, but I had an internet stalker, who began impersonating me on the internet, and things got ugly, so I changed my name to Livia.

I'm am forever grateful for this board. I have met sooo many wonderful folks - some who have turned out to be my best friends EVAH!

Old 03-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Livia
I'm am forever grateful for this board. I have met sooo many wonderful folks - some who have turned out to be my best friends EVAH!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-10-2004, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had been visiting friends and we were on the internet, looking up Fleetwood Mac sites and the Penguin was one of the sites. I went out shortly after and bought a webtv system so I could surf the net and I joined this board. I stayed silent for a long time and about a year ago got very active in posting!

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 03-10-2004, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heard about it on other boards.

Shamus
Old 03-10-2004, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default not a clue

I think I found a metion at another site, might have been nixsfix, , just remember looking for an up to date place, message boards are always sooo much faster then official sites. Happy I did though.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This was one of the first websites that I found when I got internet access with my WebTV back in 1996 I believe.
I used to be a lurker back then. I did chat with a few Lindsey fans but I don't remember anyone's name.
I signed up again with a new name a few months after I got my PC.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Hehehe...

Quote:
Originally posted by WelshWitchPMD
This was one of the first websites that I found when I got internet access with my WebTV back in 1996 I believe.
I still use my ol' Sony WebTV Plus over the PC (aka "Piece-a-Crap") but I plan to possibly purchase a more state-of-art PC in the near future (I just purchased a new self-contained cd burner, JVC-XL-R2010 & a JVC shelf system-JVC MX-GA77.)

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."