Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[excerpt from an article on Taylor Momsen]

People Magazine May 6, 2015 Jeff Nelson
http://www.people.com/article/taylor...rd-gossip-girl

The singer – easily recognizable with her heavy eye makeup and gothy-schoolgirl style – just broke a Billboard record, beating out Stevie Nicks, The Pretenders and Halestorm to become the first woman to land three consecutive No. 1s on the Mainstream Rock chart.
Is this as a writer? Because she is not a solo artist... Her band is The Pretty Reckless. This article is not very informative.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Is this as a writer? Because she is not a solo artist... Her band is The Pretty Reckless. This article is not very informative.
Halestorm and the Pretenders aren't solo artists either. I guess the author isn't a stickler for details.
Old 05-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[I wish people wouldn't attribute this quote to Stevie. Talking about menstruation (aside from what she said about menopause) is not even within the realms of something she would say. And I'm not saying that it's bad to talk about menstruation at all. I'm just saying that Stevie is hardly the type who would discuss it with boys in the first place]

http://www.pedestrian.tv/news/arts-a...c436d4efaf.htm

By Angela, May 9, 2015 Petition TV

I Bleed And I Vote: Q&A With "Stop Taxing My Period" Petition Activist

Tavi Gevinson once told us, "just be Stevie Nicks," - a piece of advice that I've often thought about, and probably always will. Stevie Nicks once said something that really stuck with me, when she wrote:

"The world teaches [girls] that the way you exist in it is disgusting — you watch boys cringe backward in your dorm room when you talk about your period, blue water pretending to be blood in a maxi pad commercial. It is little things, and it is constant...the reality of your life is impolite to talk about."

Talking about menstruation and the hardships it inherently brings isn't an easy thing to approach - such a conversation has been conditionally suppressed in the same way women strive to conceal their monthly ordeal: tampons stuffed at the bottom of handbags, used pads immediately trashed in sterile bins, products being laden with artificial smells in attempt to hide natural ones.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Forex Market http://www.fxstreet.com/analysis/dai...ig/2015/05/11/

By Chuck Butleter, May 11, 2015

This past weekend, I was flipping through the channels and came across a Fleetwood Mac concert from the last year. Now, back in the 70's and early 80's, Stevie Nicks was every guy's dreamboat girl. My wife you to make fun of me, the way I would carry on about Stevie Nicks. Well, fast forward to now, and I'm watching this concert, and my wife walks through and says, "is that your girlfriend, Stevie Nicks?, She sure has gotten big over the years." And I reply. "Yes, we would have grown old and big together nicely".. HAHAHAHAHA! And with that. Let's go have a Marvelous Monday!
Old 05-20-2015, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Guy uses Stevie blow up doll in his promposal. Scroll down for the picture]

http://scarsdale10583.com/about-joom...sals-round-two

Sara is a diehard Fleetwood Mac fan who idolizes Stevie Nicks. So, it would make sense that Hugh would bring Stevie and a good Fleetwood Mac pun along for his promposal.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gigwise,

http://www.gigwise.com/photos/100706...en-of-all-time

50 Greatest Front Women of All time

14. Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac): The strength and success of Fleetwood Mac is due in no small part to their ensemble aesthetic * but if there's one band member whose iconic stature is slightly higher than the rest, it's Stevie Nicks. Rookie's Tavi Gevinson summed it up best when she said, "My favorite thing about her, other than, like, everything, is that she has always been unapologetically present on stage, and unapologetic about her flaws and about reconciling all of her contradictory feelings and she makes you listen to them and think about them."
Old 05-25-2015, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Dead woman's family remembers her]

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...ents-1.3084163

"My whole life I was told about the song Rhiannon and how Stevie Nicks stars on stage. Finally my dream came true and I saw her perform live. Experiencing Fleetwood Mac live with mom is something to treasure forever, as it was a dream come true for both of us.

"There were no doctors or hospitals. There was just mom and I and our favourite band. We rocked out to every song, and sang all the words together. The memory of that night is with me forever, and that's all we will ever be: a memory. There will be no more rock concerts or rocking out at the house together: just memories.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I Baked a Birthday Cake for Stevie Nicks

In the spring of 1978 I got to touch the little finger of Fame. My new job was in a cool place called Longhi’s on Front Street, down from the Blue Maxx and I, at a very uncool and (still) awkward seventeen, had so much cool around me, I felt almost cool.
Fleetwood Mac’s Rumors had been out about a year but it was new to us on Maui, since most things back then arrived by boat. All the members of Fleetwood Mac were hanging out in Lahaina that year and their place of frequency was Longhis Restaurant! They regularly sat at a corner booth, known as the Fleetwood Mac booth, and soon we all stopped gawking, they were there so often.

One day when I came to work, the prep list left for me by Jan said to bake a carrot sheet cake, to be sold whole to the Fleetwood Mac table for Stevie Nicks’ birthday. Her note said “make it good” or something to that effect. “Wow,” I remember thinking, “that’s cool.” So I baked the carrot cake, topped it with our luscious cream cheese frosting and lovingly grated little flecks of orange peel over it.

Dinner rush came, the cake went out and all was well. I was scrubbing down the maple table when it happened. Led Zeppelin blasting from the big black speakers crashed into silence. I turned toward the main prep kitchen behind me and there she was, a blurry apparition of skirts and shawls, floating through our food-world . . . towards me! I turned away from her, afraid to look (I know, still awkward) and resumed scrubbing my table. Then I heard the bathroom door close behind me.

Was it clean in there? Why was she in our bathroom? Were the other ones broken? WERE there other bathrooms? (I don’t remember). Was the apple pipe stocked with hash? Did she like the cake? All I could do was ponder these important questions as she peed behind that door then left. I turned back toward the kitchen only in time to see the beautiful edge of her skirt disappear like a butterfly wing around the corner of the kitchen into the dining room. If she remembers that birthday of hers at Longhis on Maui, she’ll probably recall that snotty baker who ignored her. No, not snotty, just shy as hell.

https://misenplacememoir.wordpress.c...-stevie-nicks/

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 05-28-2015, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tuesday night on Younger, the supervisor told Sutton Foster's character, Liza, to clean all of the scarves out of her cubicle because it was starting to look like a Stevie Nicks' estate sale.

Michele
Old 05-28-2015, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Us Weekly Magazine

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainm...icture-2015285

Adele Has "Best Night" of Her Life With Stevie Nicks: Picture

EntertainmentMay. 28, 2015 AT 1:20PM By Madeline Boardman.

Rumor has it that two vocal powerhouses met in London on Wednesday, May 27. The ever-elusive Adele took to Twitter on Wednesday evening to share a rare photo of herself with none other than Stevie Nicks.

The British performer, 27, found herself in the presence of the rock idol when Nicks' band Fleetwood Mac took the stage at London's O2 Arena for the latest stop on the ongoing On with the Show world tour. Adele cozies up to Nicks, 67, in the sweet shot, grinning as the two blonde singers pose in head-to-toe black.

"So...tonight was THE best night of my life," the "Rolling in the Deep" singer tweeted. "I love you Stevie Nicks!! The queen of melodies! Thanks for everything x."

According to UK music mag NME, Nicks acknowledged Adele during the show, telling the crowd of the Grammy winner, "I told her, 'You're going to be me in 40 years. You're going to still be up onstage doing what you're doing because of your songwriting.'" Nicks then reportedly dedicated her performance of the 1970s classic "Landslide" to the "Skyfall" singer.

Adele, who continues to ready her long-awaited third studio album, was hardly the only star at Fleetwood Mac's packed show. The veteran musicians, who are making stops in big cities around the globe through November, were also visited last night by Florence Welch, and Harry Styles with his sister Gemma and mother Anne.

Sources tell Us Weekly that Styles and his family spent time with Nicks backstage at the O2. The One Direction star baked a birthday cake at his home and brought it to the "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" singer, who celebrated her 67th birthday on Tuesday, May 26.

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainm...#ixzz3bTpXgOej
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook
Old 05-28-2015, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

New York Daily News, Best Front Men

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2238690

Avid rock fans weigh in on the best frontmen of all time: poll

BY Candace Amos / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS / Thursday, May 28, 2015, 5:07 PM

7. Stevie Nicks

Came to Fleetwood Mac in 1975 along with her partner Lindsey Buckingham, and brought balance to the group of boys, helping them fo earn a No. 1 album with “Rumours,” in 1976, and four top 10 singles before she went solo.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Finally went to see Olivia Newton-John's show as part of her residency at the Flamingo in Las Vegas. The back-up singer who does the male lead on the Grease songs and "Suddenly" is Steve Real, Stevie's vocal coach and "Leather and Lace" duet partner. Olivia even called him Stevie a couple times.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Excerpt from Boston Globe Magazine; click to see photo. Is that Stevie dressed as a flapper? I am not familiar with it]

https://www.bostonglobe.com/magazine...lQI/story.html

Style in a hurry in a Downtown Crossing apartment

An undergrad’s tiny place beats dorm living by a mile.

For the artwork in Soto’s home, Santosuosso assembled a selection of prints and photographs, culled from Pinterest and Google searches, and invited his client to pick her favorites. Rather than stick to a theme, he looked for images that evoke a certain spirit. A vintage Vogue cover, an early photo of Stevie Nicks, and a black and white image of Star Trek’s Mr. Spock next to a Buick are among the pieces that hang above Soto’s bed. Santosuosso purchased painted gold frames from a dealer on
Old 06-08-2015, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[Excerpt from Boston Globe Magazine; click to see photo. Is that Stevie dressed as a flapper? I am not familiar with it]

https://www.bostonglobe.com/magazine...lQI/story.html

Style in a hurry in a Downtown Crossing apartment

An undergrad’s tiny place beats dorm living by a mile.

For the artwork in Soto’s home, Santosuosso assembled a selection of prints and photographs, culled from Pinterest and Google searches, and invited his client to pick her favorites. Rather than stick to a theme, he looked for images that evoke a certain spirit. A vintage Vogue cover, an early photo of Stevie Nicks, and a black and white image of Star Trek’s Mr. Spock next to a Buick are among the pieces that hang above Soto’s bed. Santosuosso purchased painted gold frames from a dealer on
It's the self-portrait with the plants and the mirror.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 06-08-2015, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
It's the self-portrait with the plants and the mirror.
Thank you.

Michele