The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That version is from the Rock A Little sessions, yes. Earlier ones are dated at 1980 & 1981.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Ledgie

Heart Rock A Little sessions

Does anybody know if there are Rock A Little/Mirror Mirror master reels out there in circulation? I have collected every d/l I can find but almost every song from this era sounds like it was dubbed from a warbly old cassette long ago. Is there anything the quality of all the Bella Donna demo stuff? Many of those BD-era reels are so crystal clear its almost unbelievable.
I'd looooove to hear a clean up sounding tracks like At the Fair, She Calls You Missing, Love is Like a River/Gretta/1000 days/Running thru the garden (the dancier/synthy RAL versions) or Prettiest Girl In The World, Tied Up in Promises, WHRAREDFY, Something Ecquisite etc etc etc....does anybody know anything?? ...or Maybe this is a dream right?
Old 11-04-2010, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mike, this version of Lady From The Mountain is amazing - definitely the best I've heard! Wow, thank you so much for posting it. Cheers, Phil
Old 11-04-2010, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Phil, I always had the poorest, tinniest, sped-up sound for that "Lady From the Mountains", and finding this one last year made me so happy, too!

Garbo, for Rock A Little era outtakes & demos from the Masters? Not a lot, but some. And some are in this thread. There's:

"Some Become Strangers" - outtake vocal
"The Nightmare" - longer outtake
"Rock A Little" - song-writing demo session
"Whole Lotta Trouble" - 1986 version I posted on the WLT thread
"Are You Mine?"
"Joan Of Arc" - alternate demo
"I Sing For The Things" - piano demo

... and a few others. Not a lot. Several live songs from Red Rocks.

The songs you mention are not on the Masters, but many have been uncovered in much better, UPGRADED condition! Many are in this thread as well. JeffD has enhanced the sound of "What Has Rock And Roll Ever Done For You?", "Tied Up (In Promises)" and others, including a superior version of "She Still Loves Him" I uncovered earlier in the year.

Search through this thread, and look for comments after. Someone posted the BEST "Ooh Ooh Baby" on here that made me freak out! And two awesome versions of "Greta"!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Ledgie

Thank you mikebise
Old 11-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mike,

Thanks for the "Lady From The Mountain"... it sounds great!

I decided to make an attempt to enhance the sound a bit... so I thought I'd share it here.

Editing Notes: I played with the right/left and center channels; some equalization; mild reverb to center channel; volume equalization; speed adjustment for intro and first quarter of song (on the mp3, the first section played slightly faster... I'm assuming it's due to a tape source issue)

Also, everyone please note that the original source is a lossy MP3 with a bitrate of 192... but since it has been edited and enhanced, I am uploading it as a WAV file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?l6g3xv23ybuytkf

Enjoy!
Old 11-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd8382 View Post
Mike,

Thanks for the "Lady From The Mountain"... it sounds great!

I decided to make an attempt to enhance the sound a bit... so I thought I'd share it here.

Editing Notes: I played with the right/left and center channels; some equalization; mild reverb to center channel; volume equalization; speed adjustment for intro and first quarter of song (on the mp3, the first section played slightly faster... I'm assuming it's due to a tape source issue)

Also, everyone please note that the original source is a lossy MP3 with a bitrate of 192... but since it has been edited and enhanced, I am uploading it as a WAV file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?l6g3xv23ybuytkf

Enjoy!
Fantastic, Jeff! Especially love the slowing down of the beginning, which bugged me to no end.

Now, the song sounds fantastic, with that wonderful, wild, emotional Rock A Little Stevie we all love!

I know the song was written circa 1979/1980, but it works so well with Stevie's 1984 life and voice.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

does anyone have a High qaulity of sisters of the moon from baton rouge 1982??

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 11-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFleetwood View Post
does anyone have a High qaulity of sisters of the moon from baton rouge 1982??
Here you go -

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?f4rwkvjgh7oh94x

Old 11-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Registered

I've just joined the forum after reading about it over on Seven Wonders and I just want to say thank you to everyone who has posted all this amazing stuff. I've found some absolute delights including: "Sanctuary" , "If You Ever Did Believe" (Demo), "Are You Mine" (Solo Demo) and "Planets of the Universe" (Extended). I'd also like to thank the poster who linked the http://bootlegtunzworld.blogspot.com/ site, I found some amazing stuff on there.

I don't suppose anyone has anymore "Shangri-La" demos, outtakes, remixes etc? What about "Rock a Little"? Feel bad requesting stuff since I've just joined

Last edited by TheSorcerer; 11-07-2010 at 09:59 PM..
Old 11-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSorcerer View Post
I don't suppose anyone has anymore "Shangri-La" demos, outtakes, remixes etc? What about "Rock a Little"? Feel bad requesting stuff since I've just joined
Here are some RAL TISL (or around that time) demos / remixes I have on my PC, I'd upload/look for more, but I'm just about to head off to bed (I have to be in the library in 7 hours to read about Mary Tudor. Yay).

I don't know what you have / don't have, so... these are just the general stuffs -

RAL Stuffs

http://www.mediafire.com/?bb4ygyl39cbba58 - Running Through The Garden Demo
http://www.mediafire.com/?16x1n4x9p6sn1co - Rock A Bye Baby Demo
http://www.mediafire.com/?16x1n4x9p6sn1co - Talk To Me - Time/Life Remix
http://www.mediafire.com/?1r8d5kmh76x74w3 - At The Fair Demo

TISL Stuffs

http://www.mediafire.com/?7a95qafk5fkvmax - Have No Heart Demo
http://www.mediafire.com/?sq23ib5powji33d - Space Needle Demo
http://www.mediafire.com/?mj17p62g3meqpdr - My Heart Demo
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?w1i38hci6ma6wnh - Call On Me For Magic Demo

Old 11-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 11-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The link to the enhanced WHRAREDFY has expired. Can someone re-post please??????? Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbo View Post
Does anybody know if there are Rock A Little/Mirror Mirror master reels out there in circulation? I have collected every d/l I can find but almost every song from this era sounds like it was dubbed from a warbly old cassette long ago. Is there anything the quality of all the Bella Donna demo stuff? Many of those BD-era reels are so crystal clear its almost unbelievable.
I'd looooove to hear a clean up sounding tracks like At the Fair, She Calls You Missing, Love is Like a River/Gretta/1000 days/Running thru the garden (the dancier/synthy RAL versions) or Prettiest Girl In The World, Tied Up in Promises, WHRAREDFY, Something Ecquisite etc etc etc....does anybody know anything?? ...or Maybe this is a dream right?
Check the most recent Mirror Mirror thread in the Stevie forum. I posted some Mirror Mirror outtakes and Thousand Days demo that are probably the best quality I've heard. Not crystal clear, but far better than most.

I would love a master copy of the RAL versions of Lady From The Mountain, Running Through The Garden, the sax outtake of Thousand Days - and Love is Like A River - but I don't think we'll get them while Stevie is, um, alive....

I suppose there's still hope for remastered/expanded version of her first four albums where tracks like this could be included - but even then I feel it's unlikely.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Check the most recent Mirror Mirror thread in the Stevie forum. I posted some Mirror Mirror outtakes and Thousand Days demo that are probably the best quality I've heard. Not crystal clear, but far better than most.

I would love a master copy of the RAL versions of Lady From The Mountain, Running Through The Garden, the sax outtake of Thousand Days - and Love is Like A River - but I don't think we'll get them while Stevie is, um, alive....

I suppose there's still hope for remastered/expanded version of her first four albums where tracks like this could be included - but even then I feel it's unlikely.
Oooh I love Love is Like A River RAL demo (not SA version!). It really is too bad the quality is so horrible. It's a real rocker!