The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Oh, c'mon, last night was just a mere taste of Lindsey's ability to rock. A lot of the news outlets, including USA Today, had this same article]

News.radio.com By Radio.com Staff. Ranking of Grammy Performances

http://news.radio.com/2014/01/26/201...mances-ranked/

This year it seemed like the words “And the GRAMMY goes to” were hardly uttered during the night’s live broadcast, leaving plenty of room for the performances.

The 56th Annual GRAMMY Awards featured 20 performances that ranged from Beyoncé and hubby Jay Z showing why they’re everyone’s favorite couple to Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham—who joined Nine Inch Nails and Queens of the Stone Age for an all-star finale—proving he can still rock after all these years.
Photo Gallery: Live at the 2014 GRAMMY Awards

This time around the GRAMMYs prided itself on having different musicians, old and new, team up for interesting duets. Some made sense (Sara Bareilles & Carole King), while others just shouldn’t have, like Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons, a team-up which we are now lovingly referring to as Good Kid, m.A.A.d Dragons.

Related: GRAMMY Red Carpet 2014: Best and Worst Dressed

For those who missed the performances, Radio.com staff has recapped all 20 of them with just one quick phrase. So check out what we really thought about the GRAMMYs biggest moments.

1. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Mary Lambert, Trombone Shorty, Queen Latifah and Madonna – “Same Love”. In short: Groundbreaking.

2. Kendrick Lamar with Imagine Dragons – “M.A.A.D City” & “Radioactive”. In short: Mash-up of the year.

3. Beyonce & Jay Z – “Drunk in Love”. In short: Honeymoon phase.

4. Daft Punk feat. Pharrell, Nile Rodgers & Stevie Wonder – “Get Lucky” “Le Freak” “Another Star/Around the World”. In short: History Lesson.

5. Nine Inch Nails and Queens of Stone Age joined by Dave Grohl & Lindsey Buckingham -”Copy of A” and “My God is the Sun”. In short: Lindsey Still Rocks
Old 01-27-2014, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T550M4V5ebc

watching it now... is it already gone? it doesn't have a start though, where LB's guitar is the most prominent.

i'm not really understanding why would it be any LB solo material? it was just 2 nominated bands - NIN with LB, and QOTSA with DG, and they did a mashup. those 2 songs they did were from 2 grammy nominated albums, and LB and DG played on their albums. it made sense. it was new material that these 4 artists did, not old.
I downloaded one of the YouTube videos of the whole performance before it got taken down. Uploaded it again to mediafire here - should be fine if you want a permanent copy or anything.

http://buckinghamnicksff.blogspot.co...od-is-sun.html

Loved the performance, by the way. They all killed it.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 01-27-2014, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

it's still up on perez hilton

http://perezhilton.com/tv/Queens_of_...autoplay=false

ETA: After listening to the recorded version of A Copy of A on iTunes, the version at the Grammys was wayyyyyyy better with the guitars rather than all the electronics. JMO

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 01-27-2014 at 09:40 PM..
Old 01-27-2014, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/linds...twitter_mobile

All-Star Grammy Finale Featuring Lindsey Buckingham Cut Short by Advertisements

by Matthew Wilkening January 27, 2014 12:22 AM

Lindsey Buckingham Nine Inch Nails Queens of the Stone Age
CBS

Fleetwood Mac star Lindsey Buckingham joined two of today’s most popular rock bands, Nine Inch Nails and Queens of the Stone Age, for the final performance of the 2014 Grammy Awards.

Buckingham appeared alongside Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor on a starkly lit stage to recreate his role on the song ‘Copy of A’ from the group’s recent ‘Hesitation Marks’ album. If that seems like an odd combination, it turns out that the two are actually neighbors and have clearly struck up a mutual musical admiration society.

Buckingham then hung around to join Queens of the Stone Age for a performance of ‘My God is the Sun,’ from their Grammy-nominated album ‘…Like Clockwork.’ Foo Fighters leader and sometime QOTSA drummer Dave Grohl joined in for this part as well. Unfortunately, their performance was cut off by promotional messages for Hilton hotels and various other sponsors. Hey, we sat through your pop songs, wait until the rock and roll is over before starting the ads next time, huh?

Update: Looks like Reznor wasn’t happy about it, either…

Read More: All-Star Grammy Finale Featuring Lindsey Buckingham Cut Short by Advertisements | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/linds...ckback=tsmclip

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-27-2014, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^It's all about the Buck.

Michele
Old 01-27-2014, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
^It's all about the Buck.

Michele
well there's also Trent -

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/27/trent-...medium=twitter

Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails slams Grammy producers for cutting short Dave Grohl, Lindsey Buckingham and Queens Of The Stone Age performance

Monday 27 Jan 2014 11:51 am

Reznor slams Grammy producers for cutting short performanceNine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor was furious that the Grammy Awards cut short his performance (Picture: Getty Images)
Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor took to Twitter to slam Grammy producers after his show-stopping rock supergroup finale was cut short.

The 48-year-old rocker was outraged when the line-up of NIN, Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl, Queens of the Stone Age and Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsay Buckingham were in full flow when the closing credits began to roll during the televised coverage.

‘Music’s biggest night… to be disrespected. A heartfelt F*** YOU guys,’ he blasted online upon discovering the treachery.

Having delighted with a rendition of NIN’s Copy of A, the rock legends were mid-way through the QOTSA hit My God Is The Sun when producers pulled the plug, apparrently as the show had already overrun it’s allotted air time by 15 minutes.

Instead of viewers see Josh Homme and his cohorts reach the song’s crescendo, they were treated to shots of the awards night’s sponsors and a panned-out shot of the stage.

Fans were equally furious as Reznor and took to Twitter to let their anger be known.

‘Excuse me, but if Dave Grohl, Trent Reznor, Lindsey Buckingham, and Queens Of The Stone Age are closing a show, you don’t roll the credits,’ said one viewer on Twitter – with countless others using more colourful language to express their distaste.

And Reznor’s latest outburst isn’t the first time he’s sounded off at the awards ceremony after he tweeted back in October 2012: ‘The Grammys make me hate music, and certainly everyone in the ass-licking music industry.’

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-27-2014, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
I downloaded one of the YouTube videos of the whole performance before it got taken down. Uploaded it again to mediafire here - should be fine if you want a permanent copy or anything.

http://buckinghamnicksff.blogspot.co...od-is-sun.html

Loved the performance, by the way. They all killed it.
thanks for sharing, great to have this one.

i actually meant full performance as an audience shot video that goes through the end, without delta, hilton, and credit rolling.

@nickslive blog has some nice photos, besides several reviews / recaps (click on the link to get bunch more links, i embedded some below) -
http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014...s-grammys.html

Pics: Unique megagroup closes Grammys...
Trent Reznor Tweets 'F--- You' to Grammys After His Performance Is Cut Short

Trent Reznor isn't happy about being played off at the Grammys on Sunday night. The Nine Inch Nails frontman took the stage at Staples Center, playing "Copy of A" from his 2013 album Hesitation Marks, as the final performance of the show. He was joined by Fleetwood Mac singer/guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, along with Dave Grohl, manning the drumkit along with frequent collaborator Josh Homme.

But the performance was cut short as the credits began to roll before the performance was done. Afterward, Reznor took to Twitter to express his displeasure with the decision.

Backstage, Recording Academy president Neil Portnow explained to reporters the thought process behind that decision.

"We save the end slot for something that is a bit of a jam, because you can have the energy go and then it's just a matter of the clock," he said.

by Kimberly Nordyke
Hollywood Reporter

View Gallery
http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Lindsey+Buckingham/browse

Trent Reznor’s ‘F—k You’ To CBS for Cutting GRAMMY Performance
Billboard

Queens of the Stone Age Thrash Grammys With Dave Grohl, Trent Reznor
Nine Inch Nails, Lindsey Buckingham join megagroup to close out 56th Annual Grammy Awards

Rollingstone

The 2014 Grammys closed on gloriously weird note, thanks to a unique collaboration of Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Dave Grohl and Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham. The supergroup kicked things off with their take on Nine Inch Nails' "Copy of A," of the group's Hesitation Marks LP, beefed up with bubbling bluegrass guitar line and flashing psychedelic lights. If someone were to isolate the tracks of the song, it might sound like pretentious noodling – a little EDM flourish there, some jangly country guitar there, some Muppet-like drum crushing from Grohl and a whole lot of sweet vocal harmonies. But together, it made for a sound that was far trippier than the lighting rig but also something that was more than the sum of its parts.

Then out came the sun, or at least a very colorful globe. After a white backdrop fell to the stage, Queens frontman Josh Homme swiveled his head as he intoned "My God Is the Sun," a song off his band's 2013 album . . . Like Clockwork, a song that featured Grohl on the recording. The mega backing band shook maracas to the beat, but the glory didn't last long. Running overtime by about 15 minutes, CBS or one of the Grammys producers pulled the plug on the performance and ran ads for airlines and TV shows, which, to its credit, made the song seem all the more surreal as it played out this year's installment of the awards show.

Audience Shot Video:
Can't really hear Lindsey as prominently as on the televised version... But at least you get to see how the 2 song set ended! (Still pissed they cut the show because of time constraints)

Old 01-28-2014, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Ok, Hunter, but what was it like when you met Lindsey??]

USA Today, January 28, 2014 by Brian Mansfield

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...story/4949275/

Other than premiering his single, Hayes' biggest moment during Sunday's Grammy festivities came when he was waiting outside Lindsey Buckingham's dressing room in hopes of meeting the Fleetwood Mac guitarist.

"As I'm waiting, Sir Paul McCartney walks by," Hayes says. "We made eye contact, so I gave the respectful smile and nod. He points to me, then he walks over and shakes my hand. He says, 'That was a remarkable performance,' and just starts going on and on. I mean, I couldn't have scripted it better. It was amazing. He bridged the gap between hero and human.

"In that moment, I saw everything I wanted to see about him, and he became everything I wanted him to be, personally."
Old 01-28-2014, 03:59 PM
bombaysaffires
This message has been deleted by bombaysaffires.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi All.Heres the CBS run of Lindsey s performance for keepers since the Grammy's yanked it off YT.

http://www.adrive.com/public/yzKWc3/...thgrammies.avi110mb

He was great as always.It was great seeing him on the show.The others .I take the 5th.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-28-2014, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I found a pre Grammy picture of Lindsey I thought I would share with everyone.

Dave Grohl was posting pictures on Facebook and posted this picture with Lindsey in the back ground talking to some lady and it looks like he's having a good time hanging out and talking to everyone.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Hi All.Heres the CBS run of Lindsey s performance for keepers since the Grammy's yanked it off YT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
I found a pre Grammy picture of Lindsey I thought I would share with everyone.
thanks to you both, as well as Nicole and others who downloaded originally posted videos.

that spanish one and few others are still up... they stop before the commercials at the end, so maybe that was the problem? or maybe grammy peeps were just pi**ed off about Trent's tweet and publicity it got. who knows. this is what it says where original first uploaded video was (although yesterday it said that grammys yanked it, now they have others listed too... what's up with that??) -

Old 01-28-2014, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://pitchfork.com/news/53753-gram...f-performance/

Grammy Executive Producer Apologizes to Trent Reznor for Cutting Off Performance

By Evan Minsker on January 28, 2014 at 07:19 p.m.

Grammy Executive Producer Apologizes to Trent Reznor for Cutting Off Performance

Photo by Rob Sheridan

When Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Dave Grohl, and Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham did the final performance on the Grammys, their set was cut off early by a Delta commercial and a promo for a CBS show. Trent Reznor responded by tweeting, "Music's biggest night... to be disrespected. A heartfelt **** YOU guys." Grammy executive producer Ken Ehrlich has now responded to Reznor.

He told The Hollywood Reporter:

I’m sorry he was upset. I was really thrilled that we were finally getting him on the Grammys. The final jam started with Arcade Fire a few years ago, and LL Cool J last year. I want to end on a high, an up note. I did tell them we’d take it as long as we could. The number was about five, six minutes long, and we got to within a minute twenty of the end. We got as close as we could possibly get.

"

Old 01-28-2014, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

here's the whole interview this *apology* was excerpted from -

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-reznor-675019
The Hollywood Reporter
Grammys Executive Producer to Trent Reznor: 'I'm Sorry' (Q&A)

Old 01-29-2014, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

photographs of performers on grammy website -

http://www.grammy.com/photos/lindsey-buckingham-3

Old 01-29-2014, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
http://pitchfork.com/news/53753-gram...f-performance/

By Evan Minsker on January 28, 2014 at 07:19 p.m.

Photo by Rob Sheridan

When Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Dave Grohl, and Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham did the final performance on the Grammys, their set was cut off early by a Delta commercial and a promo for a CBS show. Trent Reznor responded by tweeting, "Music's biggest night... to be disrespected. A heartfelt **** YOU guys." Grammy executive producer Ken Ehrlich has now responded to Reznor.

He told The Hollywood Reporter:

I’m sorry he was upset. I was really thrilled that we were finally getting him on the Grammys. The final jam started with Arcade Fire a few years ago, and LL Cool J last year. I want to end on a high, an up note. I did tell them we’d take it as long as we could. The number was about five, six minutes long, and we got to within a minute twenty of the end. We got as close as we could possibly get.

"
That's an explanation. Not an apology.