The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, I'm sorry you feel the way that you do is the anti-apology.

Michele
Old 01-29-2014, 02:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with Trent R.The show could use 2 more minutes.And they could hold off on the delta promo and the Network BS promos after the tune is over. They could cut some of the chatter earlier in the show to fit the tunes in.The networks usually let them overrun if they need it.

This is another good reason I hate todays TV.I also could do without the network promo popups throughout the show.

On the otherhand .The affiliates come unglued and get pissed off because the overrun of the awards shows or any other network programming that runs late.

Also the affiliates could be the blame as they cut in with their late newscast right at 10PM or 11PM.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-29-2014, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
I downloaded one of the YouTube videos of the whole performance before it got taken down. Uploaded it again to mediafire here - should be fine if you want a permanent copy or anything.

http://buckinghamnicksff.blogspot.co...od-is-sun.html

Loved the performance, by the way. They all killed it.
Thank you for always doing stuff like this, I am so grateful for your blog!
Old 01-30-2014, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

grammys have pulled all the copies from the youtube now, even the one recorded from some spanish program.

the only one left is the audience recording.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-30-2014, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
grammys have pulled all the copies from the youtube now, even the one recorded from some spanish program.

the only one left is the audience recording.
another audience recording of their whole performance through the end showed up, from a bit closer and includes the beginning; seems to be available only through facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/str1ker/pos...02490858366656

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-30-2014, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://news.radio.com/2014/01/26/201...mances-ranked/

Headlines
2014 GRAMMY Performances, Ranked
January 26, 2014 11:50 PM

By Radio.com Staff

This year it seemed like the words “And the GRAMMY goes to” were hardly uttered during the night’s live broadcast, leaving plenty of room for the performances.

The 56th Annual GRAMMY Awards featured 20 performances that ranged from Beyoncé and hubby Jay Z showing why they’re everyone’s favorite couple to Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham—who joined Nine Inch Nails and Queens of the Stone Age for an all-star finale—proving he can still rock after all these years.

This time around the GRAMMYs prided itself on having different musicians, old and new, team up for interesting duets. Some made sense (Sara Bareilles & Carole King), while others just shouldn’t have, like Kendrick Lamar and Imagine Dragons, a team-up which we are now lovingly referring to as Good Kid, m.A.A.d Dragons.

For those who missed the performances, Radio.com staff has recapped all 20 of them with just one quick phrase. So check out what we really thought about the GRAMMYs biggest moments.

1. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Mary Lambert, Trombone Shorty, Queen Latifah and Madonna – “Same Love”
(Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)(Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)
In short: Groundbreaking

2. Kendrick Lamar with Imagine Dragons – “M.A.A.D City” & “Radioactive”
In short: Mash-up Of The Year

3. Beyonce & Jay Z – “Drunk in Love”
In short: Honeymoon Phase

4. Daft Punk feat. Pharrell, Nile Rodgers & Stevie Wonder – “Get Lucky” “Le Freak” “Another Star/Around the World”
Pharrell Williams, with Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo of Daft Punk, perform onstage during the 56th GRAMMY Awards (Photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images) (Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)
In short: History Lesson

5. Nine Inch Nails and Queens of Stone Age joined by Dave Grohl & Lindsey Buckingham -”Copy of A” and “My God is the Sun”
Musicians Alessandro Cortini, Lindsey Buckingham (of Fleetwood Mac), Trent Reznor, Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme (of Queens of the Stone Age), Ilan Rubin and Robin Fink of Nine Inch Nails perform onstage during the 56th GRAMMY Awards (Photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images) (Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)
In short: Lindsey Still Rocks

6. Taylor Swift – “All Too Well”
835616217 2014 GRAMMY Performances, Ranked
In short: Headbanger’s Ball

7. Kacey Musgraves – “Follow Your Arrow”
In short: Pro-Marijuana Country Song

8. Katy Perry featuring Juicy J – “Dark Horse”
In short: #GothRevival

9. Lorde – “Royals”
In short: Stark And Simple

10. Pink featuring Nate Ruess – “Try” & “Just Give Me a Reason”
pinktwist 2014 GRAMMY Performances, Ranked
In short: Pink du Soleil

11. Carole King with Sara Bareilles – “Beautiful/Brave” Mash-up
In short: Charmingly Obvious

12. Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard & Blake Shelton – “The Highwayman” “Okie From Muskogee” and “Mammas, Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys”
willie blake 2014 GRAMMY Performances, Ranked(FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP/Getty Images)
In short: Anti-Marijuana Country Song (Sung By Willie Nelson)

13. Keith Urban featuring Gary Clark Jr. – “Cop Car”
In short: Just Two Dudes

14. Paul McCartney featuring Ringo Starr – “Queenie Eye”
Former Beatles member Paul McCartney performs on stage during the 56th Grammy Awards (Photo credit should read FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP/Getty Images) (FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP/Getty Images)
In short: Not a Beatles Reunion

15. Miranda Lambert & Billie Joe Armstrong – The Everly Brothers “When Will I Be Loved”
In short: Mismatched

16. John Legend – “All of Me”
In short: Extra Sappy

17. Hunter Hayes – “Invisible”
In short: Ambitious Debut

18. Metallica and Lang Lang – “One”
In short: Now The World Is Gone I’m Just Yaaaaawn.

19. Ringo Starr – “Photograph”
In short: Definitely Not A Beatles Reunion

20. Robin Thicke with Chicago – “Saturday In The Park,” “Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?” & “Blurred Lines”
(FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP/Getty Images)(FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP/Getty Images)
In short: White Dudes Swaying

Old 02-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

this pic was tweeted before the show by NIN, QOTSA and foofighters' accounts, but not @fleetwoodmac. (as usual, soooooo good at advertising. )

(realized we just had links to it so far, but not the actual pic, so i'm fixing that)

Old 02-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Lindsey at Grammy's !!!!

Thanks for the Photo!!!
Old 02-02-2014, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I would have thought that since these awards shows traditionally present the biggest award last that viewership picks up at the end of the show.

Michele
Ratings are highest at the beginning of any awards show. That's why last year's biggest sellers Beyoncé, Jay Z, Katy Perry, Lorde, and Robin Thicke all performed in the first hour of the show. But as the night went on, the performers got older, from Willie Nelson to Stevie Wonder to NIN, all respected in their own right, but not big sellers today.

The awards themselves, while important, have come to be secondary to performances. So the ones that will generate the biggest buzz and sales will always come first.

Last edited by SpyNote; 02-02-2014 at 01:32 AM..
Old 02-02-2014, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Ratings are highest at the beginning of any awards show. That's why last year's biggest sellers Beyoncé, Jay Z, Katy Perry, Lorde, and Robin Thicke all performed in the first hour of the show. But as the night went on, the performers got older, from Willie Nelson to Stevie Wonder to NIN, all respected in their own right, but not big sellers today.

The awards themselves, while important, have come to be secondary to performances. So the ones that will generate the biggest buzz and sales will always come first.
I don't think that's true at all.

The ratings for the Grammys didn't significantly decrease throughout the night. The first hour was not the highest rated. The second hour was. From 8-9 the rating was 29.3 million and then it went to 30.74 and then it went back to 29.03 for the last hour from 10-11, BUT for the target audience, the rating was actually HIGHER for the last hour than it was in the first hour. It was 9.5 for that demographic in the first hour and 10.00 in the last hour. Again, middle hour was higher. But the difference between the last hour and the middle hour was so negligible that I don't buy the premise that they push the old acts back there because the ratings are lower.

Michele
Old 02-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
But as the night went on, the performers got older,
you came up with some interesting logic which i doubt pans out if you would look at performers' ages as the show progressed (which i really don't care to do). but let's look at just the opening and closing songs/acts:
  • opening act Beyonce and Jay Z - Beyonce 32, Jay Z 44 - not exactly Lorde's 17 .
  • closing act QOTSA - Josh Homme 40.

and then of course there's this - the sheer numbers of viewership :
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think that's true at all.

The ratings for the Grammys didn't significantly decrease throughout the night. The first hour was not the highest rated. The second hour was. From 8-9 the rating was 29.3 million and then it went to 30.74 and then it went back to 29.03 for the last hour from 10-11, BUT for the target audience, the rating was actually HIGHER for the last hour than it was in the first hour. It was 9.5 for that demographic in the first hour and 10.00 in the last hour. Again, middle hour was higher. But the difference between the last hour and the middle hour was so negligible

Old 02-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

uncut grammy rehearsal!!

this has been extensively transmitted over the last few mins... we'll see if it stays up. here's one of the write-ups:

http://pitchfork.com/news/53805-watc...mmy-rehearsal/

Watch Nine Inch Nails, QOTSA, Dave Grohl, and Lindsey Buckingham's Uncut Grammy Rehearsal
By Evan Minsker on February 2, 2014 at 09:30 a.m.

Watch Nine Inch Nails, QOTSA, Dave Grohl, and Lindsey Buckingham's Uncut Grammy Rehearsal
Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Dave Grohl, and Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham did the final performance on the Grammys last week, but they were cut off early by a Delta commercial. Trent Reznor was not pleased. Now, the full, uncut rehearsal footage featuring both "Copy of A" and "My God Is the Sun" is online (via Antiquiet).
Worth noting: In the rehearsal, Taylor Swift's Red won Album of the Year over Random Access Memories.

ARTISTS: Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Dave Grohl, Lindsey Buckingham
TAGGED: Awards, Dave Grohl, Grammys, Lindsey Buckingham, Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Trent Reznor, Video

Old 02-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
uncut grammy rehearsal!!
this has been extensively transmitted over the last few mins... we'll see if it stays up. here's one of the write-ups:
It sounds like they used a cheering tape at the end of the performance. It was enjoyable to watch because Lindsey was there. Otherwise, this is not my kind of music to enjoy. Not that it was bad. The energy was amazing. I couldn't understand a word the singer sang.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Shoot - it's down already and I didn't get to see it!

Eta: no, it's still there - you just have to watch it on YouTube rather than playing it as an embedded video here.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It's fantastic - and he isn't just featured on "Copy of A"; he contributes to "My god is the sun" as well and even gets close ups at the end when his guitar is most prominent. That's what we missed thanks to Grammy ads and early cut offs. While this type of music isn't my thing, I love watching Lindsey in it.