Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-25-2004, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fresno Review: I got to meet Mick & Lindsey

OK, it's three in the morning and I just got back from Fresno and I had almost finished typing my review when I messed up and deleted it. So let me try this again.
I arrived at the venue around six and met up with a friend and her dad. They had followed the band from the airport to the venue and had made them a poster which they displayed for the band when the limos pulled up. Mick had rolled down his window and had waved or something so they were really excited.
Anyway, we go into the venue and find our seats in the front row and then find a place to stand in front of Lindsey's microphone. It wasn't in front of our seats but no one seemed to be objecting. I'm not going to go through all the songs since you all know the set. IKINW kicked ass and was definitely one of my favorites all night. Sara was also beautiful and Stevie had all of her hair up again. Say Goodbye was touching for me and almost had me in tears at the end. Stevie and Lindsey pinky finger waved at each other and Stevie just seemed kind of wistful to me. Before Beautiful Child some audience members started singing Happy Birthday to Mick and then everyone chimed in which was fun. And Mick's solo was still really long but I do get a kick out of his facial expressions. They're just hilarious.
I do want to mention some of the extremely rude people in the front row. Maybe they thought I was rude because I was standing up and a bunch of people wanted to sit down. Some man was annoyed with me because I moved over in front of him to try to take a picture. Come on people, it's a rock concert. You're supposed to move around and have fun and the band wants us to also. But there was this one couple who absolutely hated me. Both the man and the woman would randomly come up to me and started pushing and shoving me and I kept telling them if they wanted to stand they could. But they wanted to sit down and I was obstructing their view. Then the woman got really made at me and kept calling me a ****ing bitch and a c**t and was throwing paper cups at me. Some other guy came up to me and said "these people hate you so why don't you just sit down." Finally I moved over a little because these people were really ruining the concert. Even when I was out of her way she kept glaring and making comments. When Lindsey threw his towel it landed on the ground between me and the bitch and she tried to get it but I won. She was so mad. I gave the towel to my friend since I already had one from last year. Then after all that the evil couple left during GYOW.
So at the very end of the concert some guy comes over to my friend and her dad and gives them two backstage passes curtesy of Mick Fleetwood for their poster. Well I didn't get one but I pretend I'm with them and have a pass too. So we go into this room with a few other people and after 10-15 minutes Mick comes in. We quickly introduce ourselves and take a couple of pictures. Then we decided since we're backstage we should do some investigating and see if we can meet anyone else. We walk out and see all the limos lined up and are very excited because we know no one else has left yet. Sure enough a few minutes later Stevie and her enterage (sp?) come out: Sara Belladonna, Sulamith, her dad, Karen, and Kim (? a blond haired woman). Stevie gets into the limo right in front of us. We wave but she either doesn't really see us or is ignoring us. Anyway, my friend had a big picture from the AHI Benefit from last year and this security guard comes over and says Stevie will sign 1 thing so she got that signed. Then Stevie leaves and a few minutes later Lindsey comes out. We go over to him and say hi and take a couple of pictures and then he leaves. All in all an awesome experience! More than I would ever expected. Hopefully I will be able to post some of the pictures when I figure out how to do it.
So my trip ended with me driving home in the middle of nowhere and getting a speeding ticket. It's really hard not to speed when there's no one on the roads and all you want to do is get home.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

Great review. I'm sorry the people in the front were so mean. I am glad that you got to go back stage and meet Mick and Lindsey, that is awesome!! Thanks for checking in so fast!!

~Kim
Old 06-25-2004, 06:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds like a great time.. despite the nasty people. Thanks for sharing

Pip
Old 06-25-2004, 07:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talk about highs and lows of the concert experience.... !!
Great story, thanks for telling!
Old 06-25-2004, 07:12 AM
Junior Ledgie

Great review !!

Old 06-25-2004, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry about the rude people. But sounds like an amazing experience anyway. Thanks for the review.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Angry Seriously...

what is WITH people this tour go 'round?! Sit down? Being drunk? Obnoxious and rude?! ACK!!

Anyways, you got to meet Mick and Lindsey!!! How awesome!! Congrats!

Sorry they ruined the concert for ya....believe me, I know that scenario ALLLLL too well.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

What a great review and you got to go backstage too! Sorry about the rude peeps, I encountered MANY rude people in Hershey! Don't let them steal your thunder!
Old 06-25-2004, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden braid
So my trip ended with me driving home in the middle of nowhere and getting a speeding ticket. It's really hard not to speed when there's no one on the roads and all you want to do is get home.
Wow....I'd totally accept a speeding ticket in exchange for your experience. Rock on!
Old 06-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thats awesome for you!

I just ignore those people then if they are really bothering me I say I didn't pay 125 bucks to sit down.

Jimmy
Old 06-25-2004, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's so cool you got to meet them...did Stevie have a cleavage bearing night again??

Chris
Old 06-25-2004, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry about the rude people. I think they should sell tickets for two sections at each venue: "Real Fans" and "Others".
I'm impressed you got back without the pass. A great experience for you.

- Jake
Old 06-25-2004, 01:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl
That's so cool you got to meet them...did Stevie have a cleavage bearing night again??

Chris
OMG - Ashley - where are you girl?? See, someone else is on the "boobilicious trail" too! This is so funny!