The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 01-17-2022, 03:32 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 4,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post


Mitzo, I Donít Want to Know is pop perfection to my ears! Short and sweet, with Lindsey and Stevie harmonizing so beautifully.
Gold Dust Woman is better
__________________
Christine on Stevie 1984: "10 years ago she really had her feet on the ground but she seems to have developed her own fantasy world, somehow, which Iím not part of. We donít socialize much."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-17-2022, 04:01 PM
moon's Avatar
moon moon is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Argentina
Posts: 567
Default

I guess this one is easier than the others...

- Storms. Once again, no, dear people. No!
- Beautiful Child. I find it very boring...
- The Second Time. Man, and this is incredibly boring!!
- When I See You Again. Same.
- Running Through The Garden. It doesn't create nothing special on me...

My special mention goes to:
- Landslide (from Live)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-17-2022, 05:36 PM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
I guess this one is easier than the others...

- Storms. Once again, no, dear people. No!
- Beautiful Child. I find it very boring...
- The Second Time. Man, and this is incredibly boring!!
- When I See You Again. Same.
- Running Through The Garden. It doesn't create nothing special on me...

My special mention goes to:
- Landslide (from Live)
Oh, my god...
__________________
"...every time, you don't come..." "my little demon..." oh dear...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-17-2022, 05:37 PM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Gold Dust Woman is better
IDWK is too frothy and throwaway, Stevie has to be darker than that. The song is too straightforward and linear for me.
__________________
"...every time, you don't come..." "my little demon..." oh dear...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-17-2022, 06:04 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Gold Dust Woman is better
SNAP!

Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-17-2022, 06:06 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
I guess this one is easier than the others...

- Storms. Once again, no, dear people. No!
- Beautiful Child. I find it very boring...
- The Second Time. Man, and this is incredibly boring!!
- When I See You Again. Same.
- Running Through The Garden. It doesn't create nothing special on me...

My special mention goes to:
- Landslide (from Live)
Oh my god, indeed! Storms? Beautiful Child? Landslide? But not When I See You Again?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-17-2022, 07:00 PM
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Oh my god, indeed! Storms? Beautiful Child? Landslide? But not When I See You Again?
Leave all 4 of those alone!
__________________
"...every time, you don't come..." "my little demon..." oh dear...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-17-2022, 07:02 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
I guess this one is easier than the others...

- Storms. Once again, no, dear people. No!
- Beautiful Child. I find it very boring...
- The Second Time. Man, and this is incredibly boring!!
- When I See You Again. Same.
- Running Through The Garden. It doesn't create nothing special on me...

My special mention goes to:
- Landslide (from Live)
Most Landslide's live are horrible as she tends to bellow a beautiful ballad.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-17-2022, 07:04 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,983
Default

Paper Doll
No Questions Asked
Welcome to the Room…Sara
When I See You Again
Silver Girl

Honorable Mentions:
Goodbye Baby
The Second Time

Last edited by aleuzzi; 01-17-2022 at 07:09 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-17-2022, 11:34 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post


Mitzo, I Donít Want to Know is pop perfection to my ears! Short and sweet, with Lindsey and Stevie harmonizing so beautifully.
For the record, you and I aren't supposed to agree on anything!

I love IDWK, and always have. It's the very first guitar solo I learned to play.

It's ridiculous that it's never been a staple of their set.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-18-2022, 06:45 AM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
For the record, you and I aren't supposed to agree on anything!

I love IDWK, and always have. It's the very first guitar solo I learned to play.

It's ridiculous that it's never been a staple of their set.
LOL thatís the power of Fleetwood Mac, bringing people togetherÖ in perfect harmony, just like the old Coke commercial! That is very cool that you learned the guitar solo for IDWTK- that was also the first song I learned to play tambourine to.

Since the song is on Rumours, itís virtually as well known as most of their hits, so it would go over really well with the audience, I think. Kind of like a deep cut that everyone knows.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-18-2022, 12:10 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
LOL thatís the power of Fleetwood Mac, bringing people togetherÖ in perfect harmony, just like the old Coke commercial! That is very cool that you learned the guitar solo for IDWTK- that was also the first song I learned to play tambourine to.

Since the song is on Rumours, itís virtually as well known as most of their hits, so it would go over really well with the audience, I think. Kind of like a deep cut that everyone knows.
But Stevie doesn't like it, so it doesn't matter what we want.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-18-2022, 02:42 PM
sleepless child's Avatar
sleepless child sleepless child is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 712
Default

The song Say You Will, I just hate. Can't stand it. I know everyone hates Silver Girl, but I really like it. For some reason Say you Will is the only Stevie song, I can't find anything good about.
__________________

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-18-2022, 03:01 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
The song Say You Will, I just hate. Can't stand it. I know everyone hates Silver Girl, but I really like it. For some reason Say you Will is the only Stevie song, I can't find anything good about.
I hate it too. Especially the children singing at the end.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-18-2022, 03:08 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 4,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I hate it too. Especially the children singing at the end.
At least give me time to change your mind
that always seems to heal the wounds
if I can get you around to Come
__________________
Christine on Stevie 1984: "10 years ago she really had her feet on the ground but she seems to have developed her own fantasy world, somehow, which Iím not part of. We donít socialize much."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Billy Burnette - Billy Burnette - Vinyl Record.. - L7350L picture

Billy Burnette - Billy Burnette - Vinyl Record.. - L7350L

$9.31



rockabilly JOHNNY BURNETTE If You Want It Enough Rock Billy Boogie CORAL Reissue picture

rockabilly JOHNNY BURNETTE If You Want It Enough Rock Billy Boogie CORAL Reissue

$6.95



$6 Classic Rock Vinyl LP's No Limit Flat $6 Shipping Per Order Updated 5/28 picture

$6 Classic Rock Vinyl LP's No Limit Flat $6 Shipping Per Order Updated 5/28

$3.00



BILLY BURNETTE - Gimme You (NFC 37460, Promo) - 12

BILLY BURNETTE - Gimme You (NFC 37460, Promo) - 12" Vinyl Record LP - EX

$12.29



Rock Promo Lp Billy Burnette Between Friends On Polydor picture

Rock Promo Lp Billy Burnette Between Friends On Polydor

$8.99




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved