User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
Mike, your obssession holds no bounds!! Not sure why you feel compelled to review my every post.
You have made it obvious that you do not know me well.

I shall offer you this...I have no desire to be hit, beaten or dragged along a driveway. I do have a desire for Lindsey to take my blond hair and wrap within his hand...he may even make a fist of it in the process as it is pretty long to gather up!

ok...I've done my caring for the year.
i really do love you
Old 07-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Mike, your obssession holds no bounds!! Not sure why you feel compelled to review my every post.

I shall offer you this...I have no desire to be hit, beaten or dragged along a driveway. I do have a desire for Lindsey to take my blond hair and wrap within his hand...he may even make a fist of it in the process as it is pretty long to gather up!

obsessed? no.
disgusted? yes.

It's not an obsession when I want to read about Lindsey related stuff, and I have to sift through post after post of just pure garbage. It's an annoyance, and if it's an annoyance that I have to put up with constantly...I'm going to speak up. Are you the only one posting this stuff? Absolutely not. As a matter of fact it's getting to be some sort of pissing contest to see who's obsessed with LB the most. David jumped in to defend you, and I explained my opinion to him. that's what happened, minus a few double postings thanks to the glitchy state of the ledge.

Thanks for caring, if only for today.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i have no idea why people here do this. it seems when someone doesn't like someone else, they follow them and respond to them thread by thread. i don't know what the case is with you and mike, and i haven't noticed it, but i do know of that behavior to be true with various people at various points on this board (and it has been for a while).

if i don't like someone, i act like they don't exist and don't bother reading what they have to say.. cuz um, i don't like them anyway.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschmike View Post
I have to sift through post after post of just pure garbage. It's an annoyance, and if it's an annoyance that I have to put up with constantly...I'm going to speak up.
Thanks for caring, if only for today.
Well, if said posts disgust and annoy you on a continual/consistant basis, Mike, you should probably place those that create those posts on ignore. Unless you want to feel that way when you are reading.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just my two cents:

I have never put Lindsey on a "he's perfect" pedestal in regard to his personal life because he's human.

Do I think he's attractive? Hell yes and I don't mind shouting it!
Do I think he's one of the best guitar players ever? Hell yes!

But that's just surface stuff...

I won't deny that there's some truth in Carol Ann's book. She was with him for quite a while...they obviously had something. I figure she has a right to tell her story...of course she's going to make a buck or two doing it. It's the way of the world. I figure if you're bothered about that, don't buy it. Lindsey doesn't seem to care too much...or so we've seen yet.

I think the wonderful thing about all of this is that it seems like he's come out the other end of all of the craziness. And isn't that the important part? He's grown and moved forward. He's trying to live in the now. He's settled down more, he's got a beautiful family now and is very proud of it, he's making fantastic music again and quite frankly, he just seems happy. How lucky of a guy is he? I believe he would not pause in telling anyone how lucky he is. (And to top it off, I think he's got some really kickass fans )

Rock on Lindsey!

Old 07-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post

If your life is a mess, then it is because of the unwise choices that you have made. If you continue to have negative things happen to you without changing what you are doing, then you have only yourself to blame. CAH seldom blames herself, but always blames others/circumstances for the negative things that happen to her.
Not true. The actions or decisions of another person can make your life a mess as well. Let's take child abuse for example. Is it the child's 'unwise choice' that causes the abuse..NO. It's that of the abuser. Unfortunately, in some cases the person abused tends to blame their-self for what happened.
Sometimes, years later they realize it wasn't their choice for it to happen, and that they are not to blame.
Quote:
By and large, things just don't happen to us but we make them happen. Just mull-over these five points for example. She could have chosen to act responsibly but she repeatedly chose not to. Our behaviors reveal our true character and, quite frankly, I find her behaviors deplorable and, as such, reflective of a person of immoral character.
So we choose what happens to us? We make them happen? Sometimes, perhaps. But throughout our entire lives, childhood through adulthood, much happens that we do not make happen. Abuse, rape, any problems (mental or physical) related to either of those situations are not normally something we choose to happen.
Quote:
I am not being sanctimonious
Bullsh*t!
Quote:
We teach people how to treat us, one famous TV psychologist preaches daily to his audience, and he is right. If people are mistreating you then you either put your foot down and stop it or you leave.
How can you leave a relationship you're too young to get out of? A bit f*cking difficult when you're not even old enough to know what's going on, isn't it? TV psych's are usually the ones who know the least yet make the most money. Big surprise there....
Quote:
And, what CAD does is, she immorally sacrifices her first born child and eventually her own personal safety, to attain the rock star lifestyle that she couldn't obviously earn on her own merits/talents but calculatingly and vicariously tries to gain through her associations with stars.
She didn't 'sacrifice' her child. She put it up for adoption so it would have a better life than what she thought she could give it. What would you rather a person do, abort it or worse?? As for her safety, I haven't read the book, but I've seen through my own eyes what some people will do when they love, or believe they love someone with all their being. It's sad and absolutely horrible to watch and be a part of! You say she did it for the 'rock star lifestyle'. Do you have a clue as to how many women will put up with abuse for years because they have themselves convinced that their man really *does* love them...that they love their man...that they hang on to a hope that someday he'll change...that all forms of abuse will end??
Quote:
Point 2: Rather than take responsibility for her own body and the welfare of any children that she might have, she fails to either marry her sexual partner or practice adequate birth control and proceeds to get pregnant out of wedlock. She was, therefore, acting irresponsibly, without principles and without discipline.
Another bullsh*t comment. Not surpising though. Condoms break. The pill has never been 100% effective. Both of these are proven facts. At her young age I seriously doubt she would have been able to handle a child. I know I sure as hell couldn't have. Why not give it to someone that *can* take care of and provide for it. It's a much better option than abortion, imo.

Quote:
In short, she knowingly and willingly engaged in asocial behaviors, without any consideration for the welfare of any children that she might bring into this world when she had sex with a man with whom she had no legal ties. She was not a naive 15 year old living in her family's home back in Oklahoma. She was a grown woman living and working in Hollywood.

Point 3: Instead of acting responsibly and getting a better paying job and/or taking advantage of the social welfare programs available in the liberal state of California to help her keep her child, she shifts her responsibilities onto someone else. She dumps the child to continue her pursuit of a star which for her is her true career.

That fact is laws are, codified morals, enacted by society for a reason and that is to deter us from engaging in behaviors that are injurious/unjust to ourselves and others. Bringing children into a situation where there is no established legal union/arrangement in place to support our child or ourselves, is again irresponsible and unfair to any children, such an illicit union, might produce.

CarolC
Why not climb down your from high-horse, your ivory tower, or whatever the hell it is you're living in and join the real world. Bad sh*t happens everyday to people whether or not they choose it to. No psych's BS, TV or real life, will ever change that fact. There will always be demons of one sort or another to fight. And, unfortunately, there will always be someone trying to be a self-righteous, holier-than-thou twit, who's best claim to fame is that they are so flexible they can bend over and kiss their own a$$.

Inspired Angel: Stevie Nicks
Old 07-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

CarolC, it is my opinion that as long as there are people like yourself in this world, people who lack the "empathy gland" and are intolerant and unforgiving and uncaring, people who cannot imagine what it might be like to walk in the shoes of others, and what is more, do not even wish to begin to try and understand what that might be like......... As long as people like you exist, I will just have to work twice as hard to raise my sons to be the opposite of you to make up for and negate your presence here on earth.

Your cold and seemingly so "superior" attitude seriously scares me. I also wonder if you are for real in your attitude or if it's some defense you have thrown up to protect yourself from some issues you have not processed, but not knowing you personally that remains just a wonder, not an opinion.

I just hope for your sake that life will not deal you some cruel blows someday soon that you have no cut and dry "rational" response to.
Karma, don't you know.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default More Reflections on the Book ---

Reading the chapter about Lindsey's grand mal seizure and the spinal tap repercussions made me less flip about my attitude toward CAH. She was with him and stayed with him , especially when the rest of the band went to Hamiliton Jordan's reception at the White House. I think even Lindsey would say she was a true friend and supported him.

She mentions other medical close calls (seizures?) but doesn't go into detail. I guess no matter what the circumstances, in the end I would be grateful to her, had I been in his situation. Something like that stays with a person.

I have listened to the complete GO INSANE and TANGO IN THE NIGHTcd's. I now listen to the songs with an insight I did not have before reading the book.

If Carol Ann lives to be 70, then she will have spent 1/10 of her life with Mr. Buckingham. I am sure that there are good memories mixed in with the not-so-good and I hope that both sides can bring the good ones to the surface and forget the bad.

I find it truly amazing that these people survived and didn't kill themselves by overdosing. It was like, they all thought they were invincible.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:10 AM

Quote:

gross..
Old 07-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Arrow o m g shield your eyes!

prepare to be grossed out
Old 07-10-2007, 01:31 AM
Senior Ledgie

after googling cah, i found this interesting little tidbit on john mcvie thought you might enjoy.

http://forum.songfacts.com/showtopic.php?tid/142827/
Old 07-10-2007, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: under beautiful desert skies of the Tri-cities in WA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
Just my two cents:

I have never put Lindsey on a "he's perfect" pedestal in regard to his personal life because he's human.

Do I think he's attractive? Hell yes and I don't mind shouting it!
Do I think he's one of the best guitar players ever? Hell yes!

But that's just surface stuff...

I won't deny that there's some truth in Carol Ann's book. She was with him for quite a while...they obviously had something. I figure she has a right to tell her story...of course she's going to make a buck or two doing it. It's the way of the world. I figure if you're bothered about that, don't buy it. Lindsey doesn't seem to care too much...or so we've seen yet.

I think the wonderful thing about all of this is that it seems like he's come out the other end of all of the craziness. And isn't that the important part? He's grown and moved forward. He's trying to live in the now. He's settled down more, he's got a beautiful family now and is very proud of it, he's making fantastic music again and quite frankly, he just seems happy. How lucky of a guy is he? I believe he would not pause in telling anyone how lucky he is. (And to top it off, I think he's got some really kickass fans )

Rock on Lindsey!

I agree with everything you've said

So I close my eyes softly
Til I become that part of the wind

♥Debra♥
Old 07-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Daya View Post
after googling cah, i found this interesting little tidbit on john mcvie thought you might enjoy.

http://forum.songfacts.com/showtopic.php?tid/142827/
Now that was funny

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 07-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Now that was funny
oh yeah it was
Old 07-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie