User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think it was around the IYD publicity, not sure, but remember when Stevie said she couldn’t date this guy because if they went out in public she wouldn’t want to be seen with him because she’s ... Stevie Nicks. She doesn’t even have other friends any longer, unless you count celebrity fan girls like Vanessa.
Am I imagining it or have many of Stevie's old, old friends kind of dropped out of her life? Christie Alsbury (Thomason), Dennis Dunstan (who once said, "I talk to Mick and Christine every week—with Stevie, she is surrounded by her entourage so it's very, very hard"), Sara Fleetwood, Rebecca Alvarez, Rhonda Messersmith, Tom Moncrieff, just dozens of people who weren't necessarily just "hires" (although they may have had a job with the org).

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-22-2019, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Am I imagining it or have many of Stevie's old, old friends kind of dropped out of her life? Christie Alsbury (Thomason), Dennis Dunstan (who once said, "I talk to Mick and Christine every week—with Stevie, she is surrounded by her entourage so it's very, very hard"), Sara Fleetwood, Rebecca Alvarez, Rhonda Messersmith, Tom Moncrieff, just dozens of people who weren't necessarily just "hires" (although they may have had a job with the org).
Trivia: Christie is now Christie Lindsey, married to Ray Lindsey.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
What a f**king PATHETIC life she lives. She has no idea what it is to just be a real person. She's earned this sad life she has. I hope she realizes it at some point before she dies. But she won't. Because $he's $tevie Nicks.
Hey, she has the undying love of her fans. Those that fill arenas every night. And don't you forget it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"And so it's been fun," Fleetwood says. "And this is no deference in any way to Lindsey.
Mick finally tells the truth. That sentence means, literally: "this is no respect in any way to Lindsey."

Mick shouldn't be using vocabulary he doesn't understand. It just makes him look even worse than he already does.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:11 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Mick finally tells the truth. That sentence means, literally: "this is no respect in any way to Lindsey."

Mick shouldn't be using vocabulary he doesn't understand. It just makes him look even worse than he already does.
Yes! This struck me too when I read the article!
Old 03-22-2019, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I doubt he doesn't know what he's saying. Same with Christine.

They want to stay "loyal" to Stevie, and at the same time try to repair what's left of their relationship with Lindsey.
Unfortunately you can't have both.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 03-22-2019, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

hmmm.... I'm gonna go with this being more of Mick's word salad... just pick random words and toss them together without really knowing what they mean. Classic Mick.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just read the first chapter of Mick's autobiography and its all about how he struggled in school. So I'm not surprised that he's using words incorrectly. We all have our faults
Old 03-23-2019, 03:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

Lol he's definitely not using that right. I think he meant "This is not in respect to Lindsey" as "this is nothing relating to Lindsey" by using the word like ""the government's record in this respect is a mixed one"", but my understanding is that deference is not a synonym for respect in that definition.

Like someone else said, that man uses a lot of words to not say much at all.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 03-23-2019, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I just read the first chapter of Mick's autobiography and its all about how he struggled in school. So I'm not surprised that he's using words incorrectly. We all have our faults
Yeah... too bad he didn’t struggle when it came to firing Lindsey....

We don’t use the word “fired”.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And yet I still don't give Chris a pass for the firing of Lindsey. I never will. Sucking up after the fact just isn't enough. Nice try, though. Too bad you didn't save the day. Superwoman, indeed. Too little, too late. Her legacy is being a wuss!
I get your position but I don't think Christine haters realize the extent of the power she lost in the sixteen years she was absent. She rejoined a legacy corporation that enables her to play and sing her old songs with old friends. Those friends are really Mick and John and, to some extent, Stevie.

Even during the making of BuckVie and the press interviews that followed, she made a distinction between his being her musical collaborator and not someone she socializes with. She wants her cake and to eat it, too: creativity and friendship, but when push comes to shove one trumps the other...and that is loyalty to Mick.

Do I wish she had returned from England and said "Hell no." Absolutely. But, in reality, what would that have accomplished? She wanted to tour. Had she said "Not without Lindsey" the likelihood is that the whole engine would have crapped out. The decision between Stevie and Lindsey was Mick's to make and he made it for all-too obvious reasons. Yes, Christine went along with it out of fear and greed, but really, what would her resistance have accomplished? She is not networked with management the same way Stevie is, and she's still rambling on about how happy she was to return after 16 years. She simply doesn't have that "guiding hand" Stevie once said she had. That to me is sad. But I don't hate her and I don't think she's a wuss. I think she simply hitched her wagon to a trainwreck.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 03-23-2019 at 10:36 AM..
Old 03-23-2019, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Mick simply meant, “with all deference to Lindsey” meaning he bows down to him for his contributions to the band, BUT ...

Christine did not just choose to side with her “friends”, she wasn’t even civil to Lindsey. That’s the thing. Whether he was your best buddy or not, when you’ve known someone that long and they are pushed out of a group that they dedicated their life to, you can reach out to them. Your lawyer may tell you not to, but he’s not going to kill you if you do.

When a person you know and have just toured with has just had emergency open heart surgery, you call them. You wish them well when you are on stage singing songs he produced.

She could have made a business decision while still acting like a flesh and blood human being.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think Mick simply meant, “with all deference to Lindsey” meaning he bows down to him for his contributions to the band, BUT ...

Christine did not just choose to side with her “friends”, she wasn’t even civil to Lindsey. That’s the thing. Whether he was your best buddy or not, when you’ve known someone that long and they are pushed out of a group that they dedicated their life to, you can reach out to them. Your lawyer may tell you not to, but he’s not going to kill you if you do.

When a person you know and have just toured with has just had emergency open heart surgery, you call them. You wish them well when you are on stage singing songs he produced.

She could have made a business decision while still acting like a flesh and blood human being.
They just want to sell tickets, and have decided that ignoring the issueS is the best way.

Even if it makes them look like callous, heartless, ass faces. Which it does!
Old 03-23-2019, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Do I wish she had returned from England and said "Hell no." Absolutely. But, in reality, what would that have accomplished? She wanted to tour. Had she said "Not without Lindsey" the likelihood is that the whole engine would have crapped out. The decision between Stevie and Lindsey was Mick's to make and he made it for all-too obvious reasons. Yes, Christine went along with it out of fear and greed, but really, what would her resistance have accomplished? She is not networked with management the same way Stevie is, and she's still rambling on about how happy she was to return after 16 years. She simply doesn't have that "guiding hand" Stevie once said she had. That to me is sad. But I don't hate her and I don't think she's a wuss. I think she simply hitched her wagon to a trainwreck.
it would have accomplished a few things:
  1. band would have needed to rethink Lindsey's firing.
  2. band would have to go back to managers and say - Christine is out if Lindsey is out (John should have done the same and say he's out) , and managers would have to reassess the strategy when 2 out of 3 singer-songwriters are out.
  3. they may have ended up disbanding. which would be better than what they did now. Christine could have toured with Lindsey just like they planned to do in between FM dates. so the reasoning that she wouldn't be able to play music is bogus.

or they may have ended up having to do some group therapy to get everyone on the same page.

Stevie may have bluffed, or maybe she was really ready to leave the band:
  • if she bluffed she would come back.
  • if she didn't, they could have toured as 4, wouldn't have had to hire anyone new, and could have added some fresh BuckVie music. we could have had another BuckVie album almost done by now. they would have been selling out sheds instead of arenas.

possibilities are endless, if Christine (and John) had some spine. friendship to Mick? what about Mick's friendship to Christine and John? it's a 2-way street.

Christine presented it in Mojo interview as the only possibility presented to her after they told her that they fired Lindsey was either disband or she needs to come back. she cannot be that stupid to really believe that. but maybe she is.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-23-2019, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

THIS! Only God knows how many hours of their lives this 5 people shared. Good and bad, I don't care. On a certain level, they bonded. Lawyers and corporate decisions shouldn't matter when the life of someone you have known for so long is in danger.

But it was silence…. or awkward and politically correct messages to him. Nothing else. And that's why they're all dead to me. And it should be the same to Lindsey.