User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Well, there’s a lot of dead time dealing illness and being a caregiver…Don’t humor yourself, I only reply to what comes up on Facebook. That said, still rich coming from someone who runs at least one Facebook group and who stalks anyone remotely connected to Fleetwood Mac. I only post here and on the Fleetwood Mac News group, and very occasionally the Mike Campbell Fans group.
i wish i didn't have to. how does everything i post on facebook come up for you, i wonder? maybe you should stop stalking me.

and yes, i moderate a LB facebook group - i like to discuss LB's music and what's happening around it, to state the obvious. it's a nice place for people to share and congregate, including people connected to the band. it's public and everyone can see what people are talking about there, unlike all the private and secret "FM" and SN groups that sow hate and discord, and "get over it" bs. no, i do not "stalk" everything connected to FM - i unfollowed everything and everyone who has to do anything with fakewood. if you show up on my timeline or in my LB search, means you mentioned either me or LB. simple as that.

you've been gushing about Stevie. that's the weird part. not your supposed favorites Mick and McVies. and not about music but about what's commercial. and for some weird reason you seem to love kicking people when they are down.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-25-2019, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
some spinoff articles, not sure whether they were posted somewhere or not. it's funny how every article spins the info in a different way sometimes completely contradicting. guess that's what Mick was going for with his wordvomit.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/19/fleet...e.top.facebook

Fleetwood Mac confirm Lindsey Buckingham was ditched over Stevie Nicks feud
Emma KellyTuesday 19 Mar 2019 11:16 am Share this article via facebook

Lindsey and Stevie had a massive falling out (Picture: Steven Ferdman/Getty Images)

Mick Fleetwood and Christine McVie have confirmed that they chose to ditch Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac due to his feud with ex Stevie Nicks. Guitarist Lindsey left the band last year under acrimonious circumstances, later claiming that he had been fired by Stevie. It was reported that Stevie – who had a long-running romantic relationship with Buckingham while in the band – was furious about his ‘smirking’ behaviour at a MusiCares benefit gig, and refused to share a stage with him ever again. Initially, Mick Fleetwood said that Buckingham left the band because he would not sign off on a tour they were planning – but he has now admitted his deteriorating relationship with Stevie was to blame.

Mike Campbell and Neil Finn have replaced Lindsey (Picture: JB Lacroix/WireImage)

Speaking to Mojo, the 71-year-old said: ‘Support really could not be given to ask the situation to continue. It was too challenging. ‘The truth is, call it what you want, a parting of company took place, and it had to take place, and it was supported by the remaining band members around something that for sure was a major problem to two people – Lindsey and Stevie.’ Christine, 75, added: ‘It was the only route we could take, because there was too much animosity between certain members of the band at that point, there was just no way it could’ve gone on as a five-piece, a group with Lindsey in the band. So it was either just completely break up the band or make the best of it.’

MORE: FLEETWOOD MAC Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham undergoes open heart surgery

Buckingham was replaced by Mike Campbell, formerly of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and Neil Finn of Split Enz and Crowded House. He went on to sue his former bandmates in October 2018, claiming breach of fiduciary duty, lost earnings and breach of oral contract. However, a settlement was reached at the end of the year. Buckingham underwent open heart surgery in February, and suffered damage to his vocal cords in the process.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/19/fleet...ok?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

it's really bs how they are framing the issue in all these articles (based on whatever the band is telling them) that *He* had an issue with Stevie, that *HE* had an ongoing feud with Stevie that re-ignited and therefore forced the band's hand in firing him.

SHE had a feud going with HIM, and SHE re-ignited it and then gave the band an ultimatum.

I really, really, really want someone to ask her, and if not her (because the armored PR guards around her likely won't ever allow it) ask the others why oh why did she not threaten to leave ALL of them given their behavior at Musicares, you know, when MICK and CHRIS were waltzing away during her speech? Hmmmm???? Is there a *scale* to rate things on... like, a waltz is worth 5 points, but a smirk, well now that's 10 points and that crosses the line!

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 03-25-2019 at 11:00 PM..
Old 03-25-2019, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i wish i didn't have to. how does everything i post on facebook come up for you, i wonder? maybe you should stop stalking me.
Seriously, WTF are you talking about? Unless you’re secretly Allan B, I hardly ever reply to you on Facebook.

Quote:
unlike all the private and secret "FM" and SN groups that sow hate and discord, and "get over it" bs.
No clue about those, and they sound about as interesting as a secret papier-mâché group. But what’s the difference between what they apparently do and what Team Lindsey does?

Quote:
you've been gushing about Stevie. that's the weird part.
Not really. Most of what I say is in response to people overdoing it on how much credit they give Lindsey for their success, just like I do with Stevie fans who get a little carried away. I never actually give my opinion on the quality of her work. However, I never thought she owed Lindsey anything and acknowledge that she worked hard at making a name for herself outside the band.

Quote:
not your supposed favorites Mick and McVies. and not about music but about what's commercial. and for some weird reason you seem to love kicking people when they are down.
With all of my replies to all of your Facebook posts, I don’t see how you could have missed that one of the reasons I like this change is because I got to hear Christine get a few extended solos, which wouldn’t have happened with Lindsey Karaoke.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-26-2019, 06:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
it's really bs how they are framing the issue in all these articles (based on whatever the band is telling them) that *He* had an issue with Stevie, that *HE* had an ongoing feud with Stevie that re-ignited and therefore forced the band's hand in firing him.

SHE had a feud going with HIM, and SHE re-ignited it and then gave the band an ultimatum.

I really, really, really want someone to ask her, and if not her (because the armored PR guards around her likely won't ever allow it) ask the others why oh why did she not threaten to leave ALL of them given their behavior at Musicares, you know, when MICK and CHRIS were waltzing away during her speech? Hmmmm???? Is there a *scale* to rate things on... like, a waltz is worth 5 points, but a smirk, well now that's 10 points and that crosses the line!
THIS! Since when HE was the one having issues with her?! He haven’t been paying attention to her for a looooong time, and that was probably her issue with him. I have videos from Classic East where you can see her trying to get her attention and him totally ignoring her. She didn’t want to be near him during bows.

But of course Virgin Mary Stevie can do no wrong! If she HAS to fire him is because HE must have done something wrong. Like smirking.

Then why is she so silent during this tour if she has nothing to hide? I’d just LOVE for her old and new fans to explain this to me. She has been the voice of the band since FOREVER, and now what?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.