User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-23-2019, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
THIS! Only God knows how many hours of their lives this 5 people shared. Good and bad, I don't care. On a certain level, they bonded. Lawyers and corporate decisions shouldn't matter when the life of someone you have known for so long is in danger.

But it was silence…. or awkward and politically correct messages to him. Nothing else. And that's why they're all dead to me. And it should be the same to Lindsey.
publicly. and more spitting all over him.

but we don't know whether they reached out privately. which i agree would not nearly be enough, but just want to be fair.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-23-2019, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=elle;1251000]it would have accomplished a few things:
  1. band would have needed to rethink Lindsey's firing.
  2. band would have to go back to managers and say - Christine is out if Lindsey is out (John should have done the same and say he's out) , and managers would have to reassess the strategy when 2 out of 3 singer-songwriters are out.
  3. they may have ended up disbanding. which would be better than what they did now. Christine could have toured with Lindsey just like they planned to do in between FM dates. so the reasoning that she wouldn't be able to play music is bogus.

or they may have ended up having to do some group therapy to get everyone on the same page.

Stevie may have bluffed, or maybe she was really ready to leave the band:
  • if she bluffed she would come back.
  • if she didn't, they could have toured as 4, wouldn't have had to hire anyone new, and could have added some fresh BuckVie music. we could have had another BuckVie album almost done by now. they would have been selling out sheds instead of arenas.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________
They should have called her bluff. She wouldn't have walked. Her RRHOF induction is in the middle of the FM tour--they are conveniently on the East Coast at the time. Yes I know Irving Azoff is "magical" and part of the coven but this all seems soooo fortuitously planned. I doubt it was a case of "Lets make sure we are on the east coast in March 2019 just "in case she gets in". She was in period and it was probably known by people long before she was "actually in" She's getting more publicity around the induction because of the tour. They should have called her bluff!
She and Mick are really good about getting the media to pay attention to them. Stevie moreso than Mick, just because she's actually more relevant than he is. She makes everything about her. That's why is SOOOO curious they have really shut her up on the publicity front for this tour. It's a completely extreme from last tours. She makes everything about her---and she will make "The great reconciliation" about her too. Whether there is one or not---she will tell the tale there was one. And Mick (Mr. Sloppy Datey) will jump on the bandwagon. It will tie into the narrative she's told for years too well.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
publicly. and more spitting all over him.

but we don't know whether they reached out privately. which i agree would not nearly be enough, but just want to be fair.
Well, as far as March 10th, this "nice people" haven't reached out to him, according to his wife. I mean, if he still didn't know why he was fired, it's safe to assume none of them took some time out of their tight schedule to call someone they have known for more than 40 years to know how he is.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think Mick simply meant, “with all deference to Lindsey” meaning he bows down to him for his contributions to the band, BUT ...

Christine did not just choose to side with her “friends”, she wasn’t even civil to Lindsey. That’s the thing. Whether he was your best buddy or not, when you’ve known someone that long and they are pushed out of a group that they dedicated their life to, you can reach out to them. Your lawyer may tell you not to, but he’s not going to kill you if you do.

When a person you know and have just toured with has just had emergency open heart surgery, you call them. You wish them well when you are on stage singing songs he produced.

She could have made a business decision while still acting like a flesh and blood human being.

Yeah, you're right. It is disappointing. Beyond.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
  • Mick finally admitting he / the band lied in CBS interview and all their PR, and that it was Stevie who pulled the trigger as Lindsey was saying from the start
  • Christine saying that the issue was between Stevie and Lindsey, not the rest of the band
  • Mick basically saying "screw you" to all the fans being unhappy with the band and their lies on social media
Stevie needs to grow some (Mick) balls and take ownership of this.
Mick needs to stop talking. Hardly surprising they give no #*%ts about the FANS
that this was because of SnL issues ... surprise surprise.
More Stevie issues than SnL but ...
KB saying all was good with them in Jan just tells me there was stuff she didn't know. Because nothing was right about that event or the pics even before we knew anything was going on.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
Stevie needs to grow some (Mick) balls and take ownership of this.
Mick needs to stop talking. Hardly surprising they give no #*%ts about the FANS
that this was because of SnL issues ... surprise surprise.
More Stevie issues than SnL but ...
KB saying all was good with them in Jan just tells me there was stuff she didn't know. Because nothing was right about that event or the pics even before we knew anything was going on.
TRUE! I need this tour to end. Just end.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
are you?
That’s rich coming from someone who moderates at least one Facebook group and hunts down the social media of anyone remotely connected to the band.

There’s only one band I’ve ever worked for.

Quote:
talking about "little people" on FM payroll that you are so worried about, there are plenty of stories how much Lindsey was protecting people from Stevie / Karen random rage decisions. gotta wonder what's been happening now when that protection is gone.
I don’t care about how bitchy Stevie or Karen are, or any intervention that Jesus Buckingham might have made. The payroll for a Fleetwood Mac is significantly higher, which means more people get work, when Stevie is in the band.

Quote:
remember Jana's post about it, relatively recently?
No, because I don’t have the time, energy, or desire to follow someone who’s been out of the loop for a decade and a half.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-25-2019, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Exactly. It wasn't that long ago that she was opening for Rod Stewart. This idea that she's equal to FM with respect to her ability to draw a crowd solo is ridiculous.
But it is still 10 and 20x what LB draws as a solo act. Stevie is the only member who can tour solo and pull in what she does touring with FM.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie doesn't pull in solo what she pulls in with FM, period. Then, when you count in what she has to pay her singers and musicians, she makes even less.

But if your point is that she can make solo more than the other 4 could combined, that's certainly true.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stevie doesn't pull in solo what she pulls in with FM, period. Then, when you count in what she has to pay her singers and musicians, she makes even less.

But if your point is that she can make solo more than the other 4 could combined, that's certainly true.
If her solo career were more profitable than FM, she would have left the band a long time ago.
And she can't feel an arena alone. no matter what her old fans and her new fans say.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
That’s rich coming from someone who moderates at least one Facebook group and hunts down the social media of anyone remotely connected to the band.
talk about reading comprehension problems. i didn't suddenly change from hating LB to liking him. i was always here as a LB fan. you on the other hand went from "FM better without Stevie" to defending her up and down every social media outlet you can find. it's a weird turnaround.

Quote:
I don’t care about how bitchy Stevie or Karen are, or any intervention that Jesus Buckingham might have made. The payroll for a Fleetwood Mac is significantly higher, which means more people get work, when Stevie is in the band.
you are concerned about people's jobs, supposedly. and about people not being fired on a whim. well, maybe it's not just LB who gets fired on a whim with those people.

Quote:
No, because I don’t have the time, energy, or desire to follow someone who’s been out of the loop for a decade and a half.
and yet you are here all day every day. and you either have notifications set up for my posts, or you are on facebook all day every day too, because whatever group or page i post in, 5 minutes later i get a notification someone replied to my post and guess who that is? you certainly seem to have all the time in the world to hunt down what i post about FM. very weird. or i guess i should be flattered since apparently i'm worth your time more than members or ex members of FM and their backing band.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-25-2019, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

some spinoff articles, not sure whether they were posted somewhere or not. it's funny how every article spins the info in a different way sometimes completely contradicting. guess that's what Mick was going for with his wordvomit.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/19/fleet...e.top.facebook

Fleetwood Mac confirm Lindsey Buckingham was ditched over Stevie Nicks feud
Emma KellyTuesday 19 Mar 2019 11:16 am Share this article via facebook

Lindsey and Stevie had a massive falling out (Picture: Steven Ferdman/Getty Images)

Mick Fleetwood and Christine McVie have confirmed that they chose to ditch Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac due to his feud with ex Stevie Nicks. Guitarist Lindsey left the band last year under acrimonious circumstances, later claiming that he had been fired by Stevie. It was reported that Stevie – who had a long-running romantic relationship with Buckingham while in the band – was furious about his ‘smirking’ behaviour at a MusiCares benefit gig, and refused to share a stage with him ever again. Initially, Mick Fleetwood said that Buckingham left the band because he would not sign off on a tour they were planning – but he has now admitted his deteriorating relationship with Stevie was to blame.

Mike Campbell and Neil Finn have replaced Lindsey (Picture: JB Lacroix/WireImage)

Speaking to Mojo, the 71-year-old said: ‘Support really could not be given to ask the situation to continue. It was too challenging. ‘The truth is, call it what you want, a parting of company took place, and it had to take place, and it was supported by the remaining band members around something that for sure was a major problem to two people – Lindsey and Stevie.’ Christine, 75, added: ‘It was the only route we could take, because there was too much animosity between certain members of the band at that point, there was just no way it could’ve gone on as a five-piece, a group with Lindsey in the band. So it was either just completely break up the band or make the best of it.’

MORE: FLEETWOOD MAC Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham undergoes open heart surgery

Buckingham was replaced by Mike Campbell, formerly of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and Neil Finn of Split Enz and Crowded House. He went on to sue his former bandmates in October 2018, claiming breach of fiduciary duty, lost earnings and breach of oral contract. However, a settlement was reached at the end of the year. Buckingham underwent open heart surgery in February, and suffered damage to his vocal cords in the process.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/19/fleet...ok?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Old 03-25-2019, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

and another one...

https://www.wonderwall.com/news/flee...4c0PHHD1-Dm18A

FIRING SQUAD
FLEETWOOD MAC MEMBERS DISH ON LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM'S 2018 'FIRING'
By Mark Gray Wonderwall 10:15am PDT, Mar 20, 2019

For Fleetwood Mac to continue being the legendary band that they are, the group had no choice but to part ways with Lindsey Buckingham, which they did last year.

In a chat with Mojo, Mick Fleetwood said it was "too challenging" to have former lovers Stevie Nicks and Lindsey in the group, admitting that a "parting of company" was the only choice.

Matt Baron/REX/Shutterstock

"We were not happy. It is no secret that Lindsey and Stevie are in a continuum Liz Taylor/ Richard Burton type of life, and it went in and out of valleys and mountaintops and God knows what through the years - that support really could not be given to ask the situation to continue. It was too challenging," he said. "Someone in some interview said, 'What'd you do, fire him?' You can say that if you want but I think that's an ugly word, knowing what this man has done in the ranks of Fleetwood Mac…"

Stephen Lovekin/REX/Shutterstock

Last year, Lindsey was kicked out of Fleetwood Mac. He eventually sued the the band and reached a settlement. Afterward, Lindsey was eventually replaced by Mike Campbell and Neil Finn.

"The truth is, call it what you want, a parting of company took place, and it had to take place, and it was supported by the remaining band members around something that for sure was a major problem to two people - Lindsey and Stevie," Mick said.

Dave Allocca/Starpix/REX/Shutterstock
Keyboardist Christine McVie feared the band would have to "completely break up" if Lindsey wasn't shown his walking papers.

"For whatever reasons, a lot being personal, it was the only route we could take, because there was too much animosity between certain members of the band at that point, there was just no way it could've gone on as a five-piece, a group with Lindsey in the band," she said. "So it was either just completely break up the band or make the best of it."

Still, Christine says is was a "really bad time" for the group and for her personally, as she had no problem with the guitarist.

"I loved working with him but I did see the point and I did see what the problem was," she said. "And you know, we're a democracy and we have to kind of make the best of a bad job. As it turns out, what we have now is better than what we ever had before."

Old 03-25-2019, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
talk about reading comprehension problems. i didn't suddenly change from hating LB to liking him.
Yeah, but your views on Christine and Fleetwood Mac sure took a sharp turn. I’ve been very consistent. I’ve never claimed that Mick, John, and Christine weren’t my favorites. They are the band in my eyes, and ability to read liner notes.

But, I never hated Lindsey. He annoys and disappoints me and I didn’t appreciate his passive aggressive comments about the 87-96 lineups, but he was still one of my heroes.

As for Fleetwood Mac, I’m still indifferent if Stevie and Lindsey are in the band. I was happy with Billy Burnette and Bekka Bramlett. I’d love nothing more than a club-theater tour where they would just cut loose, but its not my livelihood on the line. Or the livelihoods of others.

Quote:
i was always here as a LB fan. you on the other hand went from "FM better without Stevie" to defending her up and down every social media outlet you can find. it's a weird turnaround.
My world doesn’t revolve around Stevie-Lindsey/White Spy-Black Spy thing. Are Mick, John, and Christine playing together? I’m in.

I’m neutral about Stevie, but the numbers don’t lie, no matter what I think. Stevie worked at stardom, Lindsey worked at artistry, and Mick, John, and Christine worked at keeping the band going. Stevie is the star, Lindsey is the artist, and the others still have a band. The genius in their latest move is that they still have their artistic credentials with Neil Finn, who has ten more studio albums than Lindsey.

And, while I thought the band should have parted with Stevie, I never thought she owed everything to Lindsey. I always acknowledged that she worked hard at developing her own brand, largely by doing duets that had her working with people outside of Fleetwood Mac and becoming a viable entity outside of the band.

The biggest thing I have always maintained that Stevie and Lindsey walked into an amazing opportunity. Fleetwood Mac was well established, had regular radio play, had been on TV, had been in the music press throughout 1974, were managed in-house, and were on a major label that liked them. Lindsey didn’t hit a home run, the band was already on third.

Quote:
you are concerned about people's jobs, supposedly. and about people not being fired on a whim. well, maybe it's not just LB who gets fired on a whim with those people.
I was a roadie and studio assistant for six years. Not a professional roadie like Fleetwood Mac have, as could be expected in indie rock, but I still had to work with management, promoters, workers at the venues, sound guys, lighting guys, and the band itself. That said, management should clearly explain what the expectations are upfront in situations like Fleetwood Mac.

Still doesn’t change the fact that more people have jobs with this tour than if Stevie wasn’t there.

Quote:
and yet you are here all day every day. and you either have notifications set up for my posts, or you are on facebook all day every day too, because whatever group or page i post in, 5 minutes later i get a notification someone replied to my post and guess who that is? you certainly seem to have all the time in the world to hunt down what i post about FM. very weird. or i guess i should be flattered since apparently i'm worth your time more than members or ex members of FM and their backing band.
Well, there’s a lot of dead time dealing illness and being a caregiver…Don’t humor yourself, I only reply to what comes up on Facebook. That said, still rich coming from someone who runs at least one Facebook group and who stalks anyone remotely connected to Fleetwood Mac. I only post here and on the Fleetwood Mac News group, and very occasionally the Mike Campbell Fans group.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-25-2019, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
"Someone in some interview said, 'What'd you do, fire him?' You can say that if you want but I think that's an ugly thing to do, knowing what this man has done in the ranks of Fleetwood Mac…"
Fixed that for ya, Mick.