Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-18-2003, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
FYI: the ratings for Shrub's interview with Sawyer are in and it was a ratings flop. Also, networks have expressed no interest in live satellite feeds of Pentagon briefings...which the government wants to charge for.
Apparently, The Simple Life, Paris Hilton's show, beat out Shrub's full hour on Primetime.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
By the way, there is nothing miniscule, inconsequential or over analyzed when thousands of people are murdered. Tell that to the families and widows of the dead.
Well said.

Old 12-18-2003, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bush waited 30 minutes, Clinton waited how many years?
Old 12-18-2003, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jwd
Maybe I'm just blind, but what does Clinton have to do with this? And why does his name always get thrown in when people are trying to defend Bush?

For example, [and I am not pinning this quote on anyone, but hypothetically] "Well, President Bush may have told his close adviser Karl Rove to leak the name of the CIA agent wife of former ambassador to Iraq, Joseph Wilson, after Wilson spoke out against the war... but at least Bush didn't get a blow job in the Oval Office like Clinton. Cause that's like the worst thing ever!!!!"

Last edited by Merf; 12-18-2003 at 11:05 PM..
Old 12-18-2003, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Because the WTC was attacked during his administration. I was just drawing a parallel to Clinton turning a blind eye, as others in this thread have accused Bush of doing. It has nothing to do with blow jobs.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jwd
Because the WTC was attacked during his administration. I was just drawing a parallel to Clinton turning a blind eye, as others in this thread have accused Bush of doing. It has nothing to do with blow jobs.
The WTC was attacked during Bush's administration, not Clinton's (surely that is what you meant?) Thanks for clarifying your earlier post. The Clinton parallel would make more sense I suppose, if you could show me how Clinton turned "a blind eye" to 9/11. Perhaps that will come out in the report when more is released. I'm about to turn on Nightline, where they are interviewing Thomas Kean.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No actually it WAS attacked during Clinton's administration, '93 I think. However, the consequences were not as grave as in '01. They got it "right" the second time.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah, ok, *nods.* Most people on this thread were referring to 9/11, but you were totally right to bring up the '93 bombing. Cause it was really a "failed attempt" to do what they did on 9/11. As sick as that sounds
Old 12-19-2003, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's an interesting read. Sheds a little more light on the '93 attack and others, and their relation to 9/11 and the the inaction/ignorance of our government. All of which happened during Clinton's administration.

http://www.twin-towers.net/93_wtc_attack.htm
Old 12-19-2003, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Blame Bubba for everything.

It's not Bubba's fault we have such an incompetent ass in the White House.

And who cares if he got a blow job? That's nothing to shake a stick at.

Old 12-19-2003, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jwd
I'm no fan of Clinton's, but do you remember what the conservatives said after Clinton lobbed missiles into Al Qaida's training camps in Afghanistan?

Secondly, a little googling will turn up plenty of evidence that the Clinton intelligence dudes handed over a plan to deal with Al Qaida when the Bushies took over, but the plan was discarded. The Clinton intelligence team told the Bushers that Osama and Al Qaida were the most serious threat they would have to contend with. Don't you think that's what Kean is hinting at with his comments?

Obviously the Bushwhackers were too busy figuring out how to grease the pockets of their corporate friends, granting favors to their gas and oil buddies, to worry about such piddly stuff as protecting American lives from murderous terrorists.

Like it or not, demz is the facts.

Bush is a disease. It will be a long time after the Oval Office is disinfected before all vestiges of this plague are erased.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Merf
Maybe I'm just blind, but what does Clinton have to do with this? And why does his name always get thrown in when people are trying to defend Bush?

Old 12-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jwd
No actually it WAS attacked during Clinton's administration, '93 I think. However, the consequences were not as grave as in '01. They got it "right" the second time.
The perpetrator of the first attack was caught (without starting a false war) and imprisoned. His name was Ramzi Yousef.
By the way jwd, did you know that the Bushes and Bin Ladens have been in business together for a very long time? The Bin Laden's were investors in W's first oil company, called Arbusto (shrub). They also were investors in The Carlyle Group with the Bushes, Saudi Royal Family and James Baker. The were only asked to leave six months after the attacks due to public outcry. The Bushes and Bin Ladens made lots of money together. This is probably why he put them on a private plane and flew them off to Paris without even questioning them in the days after the attacks. The FBI wanted to question these people but John Ashcroft forbade it. They have also gone to great extent to see that no independent counsel investigates 9/11. I think it's treasonous.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 12-19-2003 at 10:54 AM..
Old 12-19-2003, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation That's interesting...

Quote:
Originally posted by jwd
Here's an interesting read. Sheds a little more light on the '93 attack and others, and their relation to 9/11 and the the inaction/ignorance of our government. All of which happened during Clinton's administration.

http://www.twin-towers.net/93_wtc_attack.htm
I remember reading online on Time Magazines website awhile ago a similar article that talked at length the "inactions and ignorance of our government."

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 12-19-2003, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Bush is a disease. It will be a long time after the Oval Office is disinfected before all vestiges of this plague are erased.
Carne, I could not agree more. That was very eloquently put.